• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

Actually Disney would have let us use their transfer as we asked the night before for options comparison, but they said we'd have to meet onboard the ship at 6:15am, and it was $35/person. DW likes her sleep... and extra cash...

We did carry our own bags, but on the way off all of the mountains of bags were already in the terminal (which again was nearly deserted of people at 7:30am). The breakfasts were scheduled for 7:15am and 8:15am, so most were disembarking later I'm guessing.

When I went running at 5:30am on deck 4 we were already docked, and it appeared we had been for quite some time (they were already loading/unloading provisions).

So I'm guessing also no customs line in the terminal as you exited the ship this early? In PC it snakes a LONG line by 8am.

So I'm guessing also no customs line in the terminal as you exited the ship this early? In PC it snakes a LONG line by 8am.

No customs line period at the port in Barcelona, we weren't entering the United States, just back into EU from EU. Only customs line we would have dealt with was our connecting city in PHL after the BCN-PHL flight. But our Global Entry cards let us skip that too, and better yet we didn't have to fill out the form either. :thumbsup2

No customs line period at the port in Barcelona, we weren't entering the United States, just back into EU from EU. Only customs line we would have dealt with was our connecting city in PHL after the BCN-PHL flight. But our Global Entry cards let us skip that too, and better yet we didn't have to fill out the form either. :thumbsup2

That's good to know about no customs line. :thumbsup2 PHL is our final destination so no worries about missed connections. Thank you!

In La Spezia what time were you at the train station. We want the 9:19 train. Is this doable with a 70 year old and 8 year old?

In La Spezia what time were you at the train station. We want the 9:19 train. Is this doable with a 70 year old and 8 year old?

I think that's the train we took, or one right around that time. Tough to predict how it will go for anyone else though, because of the randomness of tenders. I kept hearing the Magic might start pulling into port there instead of using tenders, so stay tuned on that.

We like the Global Entry program (and TSA Pre ✔).

Woody

Could you tell us more about these programs? In July, we are flying US/France/Spain and returning Spain/Amsterdam/US. We are trying to figure put where we will have to go through customs and how to get through airports most efficiently.

Thank you!

Could you tell us more about these programs? In July, we are flying US/France/Spain and returning Spain/Amsterdam/US. We are trying to figure put where we will have to go through customs and how to get through airports most efficiently.
Global Entry link

TSA Pre ✔ link

Woody

Thank you!

If it is this July don't bother. It is not instant. You have to submit an application and after it is accepted go to a participating airport for an interview. Takes several weeks

Also TSA percheck has randomness to it. My last two flights I did not get selected for precheck I always arrive in plenty of time just in case, but Monday I got to watch a businessman have a melt down because the normal line would make him miss his plane.

I think that's the train we took, or one right around that time. Tough to predict how it will go for anyone else though, because of the randomness of tenders. I kept hearing the Magic might start pulling into port there instead of using tenders, so stay tuned on that.[/QUOTE]

I hope that wasn't just random luck and that they really will start docking every time. That would be awesome! :cool1:

I think that's the train we took, or one right around that time. Tough to predict how it will go for anyone else though, because of the randomness of tenders. I kept hearing the Magic might start pulling into port there instead of using tenders, so stay tuned on that.[/QUOTE]

I hope that wasn't just random luck and that they really will start docking every time. That would be awesome! :cool1:

Agreed. The slow unloading in La Spezia was threatening our plan.

Hi ... thanks to all the DIS'ers who provided info on this thread. I have only had a few short months to research and plan while not feeling well so this thread has been a lifeline for me.

Lilpooh108 - love, love, love all the details that you have shared. Especially loved the potty report as I have a boy with a chicken bladder.

I hope that the Magic is docking in La Spezia as well. Our tour won't give us a start time any later than 8:30am to do Pisa/Florence.

La spezia tenders are slow.It took us 2 hours from the boat to Pisa on the DCL climb the tower tour.We had to climb the Tower right away.The guide had to look after the bags because there was no time to put it in lockers.

We docked in La Spezia on the June 27th sailing and it was further away from where the tender boats left you off, but it was quick to get off, so I would think you should be able to make the 9:19.

We docked in La Spezia on the June 27th sailing and it was further away from where the tender boats left you off, but it was quick to get off, so I would think you should be able to make the 9:19.

Hi Cindy,

Do you remember seeing taxis along the port promenade? I didn't take the time to look myself and was hoping someone can comment. My parents (who are older) are considering doing the Med next year by themselves and they'd need to taxi to the train station rather than walk. Thanks!

BTW--- weren't you on back-to-back Med cruises this year?

Tons! There were many many taxis at the La Spezia port. Take a right down the promenade and signs say 'taxi stand'. It was a 15 euros flat fee to the La Spezia train station. (Don't walk it, it's uphill!) We easily made the 919 train, although we were on the first or second tender - had arrived in the theatre at 745 for a tender ticket.
Returning to the train station we again took a cab to the port, again 15 euros.

Tons! There were many many taxis at the La Spezia port. Take a right down the promenade and signs say 'taxi stand'. It was a 15 euros flat fee to the La Spezia train station. (Don't walk it, it's uphill!) We easily made the 919 train, although we were on the first or second tender - had arrived in the theatre at 745 for a tender ticket.
Returning to the train station we again took a cab to the port, again 15 euros.

Thanks! That makes a huge difference. :thumbsup2

Where did you take the train to, and how did you like it?

Hi ... thanks to all the DIS'ers who provided info on this thread. I have only had a few short months to research and plan while not feeling well so this thread has been a lifeline for me.

Lilpooh108 - love, love, love all the details that you have shared. Especially loved the potty report as I have a boy with a chicken bladder.

I hope that the Magic is docking in La Spezia as well. Our tour won't give us a start time any later than 8:30am to do Pisa/Florence.

Let us know if you have questions. I totally understand the chicken bladder. That was me after 2 babies :rotfl2:

Has anyone used Whats App using the ship's WIFI? We are hoping it works so we can text home without international fees. We aren't worried about on the ship, because we can text on the wave phones.

We are also planning to use Whats App and free WIFI in ports to text each other in case we get separated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter