Med Cruisers...Let's Discuss Planning!(Updated Tour Info, Links & BCN Info on Page 1)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lilpooh108, Jan 12, 2013.

1. DL1957

DL1957 DIS Veteran

Cindy
    Great to get your updates! Those of use from the last cruise who are now back at home working! Enjoy. Sue

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

On the Greek OPAparty day and also on the Bella Italia party day, they have a decorated door contest as part of the party. The take photos of a few of the doors on the ship and then you cheer for the one you ,Ike the most. If you have personal info that might identify you, they skip you, so if you want a chance for your door to be featured, fill it with fun magnets but leave off anything too personal. They go around one night before and look for the doors to feature. There was one DIS door in both the Greek and the Italy ones, so DISers, continue to represent!

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

To those of you who flew US Airways transatlantic, did your flight offer WIFI for purchase? Dh would like this and most of their domestic flights offer it. I'm not sure about international flights though.

Thanks!:goodvibes

5. Mommb

Mommb Mouseketeer

I don't think our US Air flight from Philadelphia to Barcelona had WiFi available. We did have screens in front of each seat that offered a variety of movies, TV shows, music, and games at no cost. Headphones were distributed, free, to anyone who wanted them.

Each seat did have a port to use for charging electronic devices, but I don't recall seeing instructions for getting Internet access through personal devices.

6. ruadisneyfan2

Thanks. I think this is better than wifi anyway. I usually bring my tablet on a plane to watch movies but in this case I think I'll leave mine home.
    Dh likes to catch up emails when we have some downtime.

7. Kellycanada

Kellycanada Earning My Ears

I found this and thought it might be fun.
    There is also a 2 hour course. Kelly.

CA’ MACANA s.n.c.
    Dorsoduro 3172
    30123 Venice
    Tel. +39-041-2776142, +39-041-5203229
    Fax +39-041-5203229
    e-mail info@camacana.com

- For families or similar groups, we have two different proposals appropriate for the requests
    we generally receive.
    - for a description of our mini courses etc., see our website www.camacana.com

ABC OF DECORATION OF A PAPIER-MÂCHÉ MASK

Characteristics:
    Language: Italian
    Length: 1 hour (they said that language isn't an issue)
    Choice of mask: one from the 43 different models available, all in papier-mâché and handmade.

A- instead of the theoretical introduction on technique and history, each family will receive
    a copy of our book "Maschere a Venezia" (Masks in Venice) in English, French,
    German and Italian, covering those and other subjects.
    For a description of the book, see our website:
    http://www.camacana.com/eng/book/index.html

B- Practical part:
    - Participants choose a mask and decorate it, then take it home immediately as in the
    previous mini course

No advance payment is required for the ABC OF DECORATION. The workshop is open to welcome you from Monday to Saturday from 11.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00.
    Let us know when you will be arriving and we will confirm our availability.

ABC OF DECORATION
    length 1 hour
    choice of one mask

PEOPLE
    EURO/PERS
    1-47
    2-42
    3 or more-37

8. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Cindy,

I just started reading your updates and I LOVE the pics of Minnie & Daisy with the Mt Vesuvius backdrop! I don't recall seeing them out on the gangway for my cruise (but we did leave really early and get back pretty late). Glad you're having a great time! :beach:

9. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Delta doesn't offer wifi for international flights, only domestic, so it may be similar with other airlines.

10. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

They came out starting around 4:00 PM. I missed Mickey be ause I woke up from a nap at 4:15 and DH was watching from the verandah and told me Minnie had just gone out. He knew I was trying to get photos with her every chance I got. Today she rode in the elevator with me before dinner. I was over the moon!

11. DisneyNurse19

DisneyNurse19 Mouseketeer

I am sure the answer is here somewhere but i can't find it :confused3 but is Topsiders Buffet on the Magic open on disembarkation morning for breakfast?

12. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Oh! I just LOVE these kind of random character interactions on the cruises. Another reason why I love the classic ships. Don't you just adore the Italian Mickey & Minnie outfits? Soooooo cute.

Yes, it is.

13. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

WOW. JUST WOW.

I mentioned a few pages back (and in my TR) that we had a negative experience with the company "See Amalfi Coast" in Naples.

I ended up posting a Trip Advisor review on the same subject. I just checked it and See Amalfi Coast's "response" accuses me of posting a false review since I'm allegedly a secret competitor. WTH?

FWIW, it's easy to see on my TA profile that I've been a member since 2004 with 44 reviews in 19 different cities. I'm obviously not a "shill" poster.

This "not my problem" and bullying attitude was the reason why our whole day was so horrible.

I'm really hoping others who read this will avoid this company at all costs. I specifically did not post the driver's name because this company has my name, address and credit card number and I didn't feel like getting miscellaneous false charges on my card since I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

Here's the link to my TA review: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...Coast-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html

14. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

Unbelievable. Well, I just went on it and voted that it was a very helpful review.

I'd go back in and write "another" review to rebut this bozo ... naming the driver. It could be this driver is pulling the wool over their eyes too. As for them having your name, credit card, etc ... it's one thing to accuse you of being a fake, it's quite another to be fraudently charging your credit card ... while you're in the U.S.

15. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

:offtopic: Thanks for the support. I actually tried to submit a further review in order to provide clarification in response to the "owner comments." However, TripAdvisor does not allow editing or the submission of a 2nd review within 3 months of your 1st review. I wasn't previously aware of that rule.

In any event, my profile on TA is open to receiving user messages. I will respond to user messages if any are sent on the subject.

Sorry to interrupt everyone's planning. I know people are subscribed to this thread for planning and tip purposes. Rant over :blush:

16. ruadisneyfan2

I also said your comment was helpful & reported his comment as inappropriate. Even if technically it isn't, it still is. What a dog.
    If I were you, I would note my calendar for 3 mos from now just to say my piece & clear my name. I can hold a grudge forever. :lmao:

17. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

You guys are too funny :rotfl: Thanks for the support.

I've calmed down now and I'm thinking that his ridiculous comment might actually backfire on him. It's fairly obvious that I'm not a shill poster and when deciding which company to use, I frequently look at how the owner responds to low ratings. There was one company that I didn't use (also in Naples) because the owner response was pretty rabid for a legitimate complaint about being picked up late. The angry owner responses usually indicate that the owners will argue with you when problems arise. Now I know how they would have responded if I called them asking for a rate reduction for missing Sorrento.

We are thinking of doing the Med in the future and we'll be using RIL for Naples like everyone else. :)

18. jeni37

jeni37 Mouseketeer

What was the other company you didn't use. I want to make sure I know what I am getting into if I am booking tours. Thanks for all the info. so far!

19. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Italy limousines based in Naples. Contact name was Josephine. We initially agreed on a date and a price. About 9 months before the tour she emailed asking for a positive review on TripAdvisor. When I told her that we hadn't taken the tour yet, she told me she didn't care. All they wanted were positive reviews even though they hadn't provided the service.

If you look closely at the reviews for many of the Naples companies, many of them have 5 star reviews from posters who only have 1 review submitted. For me that lacks credibility. Alot of DIS'ers have had luck with Rome In Limo. I didn't book with them due to pricing but will probably go with them next time.

20. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

I appreciate the time you put into writing your tripadvisor review. I agree that the owner's response looks unprofessional. It's frustrating; I think it often boils down to luck of the draw of whether you get a good or bad driver. But it should be the owner's responsibility to weed out the bad guides/drivers. It's also so frustrating when you ask for the driver's advice on where to eat lunch and they sit you down in the back room of a mediocre tourist trap. I've had that happen once with Rome in Limo in Rome. Of all the Italian restaurants in Rome, they took us to the crumbiest one. I gave your TA review a helpful vote. Thanks again.

21. lilpooh108

lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

May I ask.... which restaurant was bad in Rome? I'd like to know the name so we can avoid it in the future if any tour companies suggest it. Thanks!