Meagan and Kevin's 1/7/11 wishes wedding WP/GF --We're back and MARRIED!!!

After our PS we did our floral with Laura. I was nervous for this part because I had a specific vision in mind and a very tight budget. Well as soon as Laura and I started talking about what I was thinking she got my vision and had the same ideas even before I showed her pictures. Sorry about the large pictures I am still figuring photobucket out!

This is the bouquet idea. We are taking out the orchids because Laura said they would be really expensive and instead doing a mix of white roses, hydrangias and white tulips with the feathers. It will be wrapped in lace from my mom's wedding gown and have a few crystal mickeys. In the middle of the wrapped stem will be a blue starfish to represent my something blue.

possiblebouquet-1.jpg

For the centerpieces, I wanted the eiffle tower vases with feathers coming out. Laura said that the eiffle tower vase is hard to balance and would be easily knocked over so we went with a bigger vase, filled with pink gel and white LED lights. Around the base will be votive candle holders with the gel and LED lights. Here's the too-skinny vases but the look will be the same!

centerpiece.jpg

We are having a small alter arrangement with the same flowers as my bouquet with a few feathers. The groomsmen are wearing pink rose bouts and the bridesmaids are carrying small bouquets with pink roses and hydrangias. Kevin's bout will be a white rose with (hopefully) a little feather. He's still putting up a fuss about the feather! We're doing a winebox love letter ceremony instead of unity candle/sand. Only instead of opening it every 5 years which is tradition, we're going to write a new letter to each other each year and on our anniversary we will drink the wine, read our letters and replace them with the new ones then lock the box until the next year!

We are also doing white chair covers with pink sashes and pink napkins with black bows. We are using the standard white linens for the tables. I was really excited when we went over the lighting package because we are putting a light pink coach on the dance floor in addition to the castle/fireworks behind us and it wasn't any extra! Woo hoo!!!!! :cheer2:

Wow! Everything sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. I especially love the idea of the lace from your mom's gown for your bouquet. :goodvibes

OH my gosh everything looks amazing!

Can't wait to hear more and so glad that you had a great time, we loved our PS!

We're Back and Married!!!!

Well, since I completely sucked at our planning journal, I figured I would do a TR. Even if no one is reading, it is nice to have somewhere to write everything down!!

DAY 1

The day started off just plain bad. I was running waaayyy late for work because like an idiot I thought I could work half a day and drive straight to the airport like the jetsetter I try to be and be completely calm and ready to go. Fail. Epic Fail. I ended up calling my boss and telling her I wasn't coming in, to which she laughed and said "I figured!" Thank goodness she is relaxed and I got everything I needed to done the day before... just in case!

DH had to drive the dog to the dog sitters, which is over an hour away and he got a late start so I knew he would only make it back moments before we had to leave for the airport! Yikes! Luckily I was able to get everything packed and in the car and ready for his return. I was even able to throw in a little cleaning because I hate coming home to a dirty house!!

All day long we kept getting texts and pictures from friends already in Disney and at the parks wondering where we were! I was soooo ready to be down there but sadly we weren't leaving Pittsburgh until 7 p.m!

Finally it was time to go and we met up with three friends at the airport for drinks before our flight. Bumpy flight down (I'm not a good flyer... at all!) but we made it! We grabbed our rental car and stuffed... I'm not even lying... stuffed ourselves in. We crammed 5 adults and 9 suitcases in a Kia Optima! It wasn't pleasant but we made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge safe and sound!

We waited in line forever and watched all of our friends get upgraded to Savannah View rooms and then it was our turn and.... NOTHING! Not even a Congratulations. Despite my shameless attempt at telling everyone we were here for our wedding, the CM was in a bad mood and just sent us on our way. Our room was still really nice and after we grabbed a drink... or 3... at the bar, we headed off to stuff welcome bags!

Praise DH for delivering all of those welcome bags to 4 different hotels at midnight! He is amazing!

Up next... Day 2 and rehersal!!! :cool1:

Happy belated wedding! Can't wait to read more about your trip! Day 1 was already very memorable, huh? :hug:

I'm reading along! I'm excited to see how all of your plans turned out.

Did you end up using the feather centerpieces? I'm interested in doing something similar although not sure it will be in the budget.

Congratulations on being married! I am glad to hear that you had a good trip, and I will definitely stick around to read more about your day!

p.s. - my honeymoon was my first trip staying in a deluxe as an adult, and have decided that I now cannot stay anywhere else because they are so wonderful! So I know exactly what you mean lol

Im reading along and cant wait to hear more and see your pics too! I love the feathers!! :goodvibes

We woke up Thursday morning around 9 and scurried out the door, minus my morning shower, to run to the courthouse to get our marriage license since I totally forgot to do it online. I wanted to be there early because I had images in my head of standing in line for hours on end, pulling my hair out trying to get everything done that day, waiting on angry government employees to tell me I fogot something and we can't get married. In reality, we were in and out of there in 15 minutes. It was awesome. If anyone is nervous about going to Osceola Courthouse, it is great and the people were really friendly!

Kevin dropped me off at the resort so I could finally shower and he picked up his groomsmen and headed off to Men's Wearhouse to pick up the tuxes. After my wonderful shower (I hate the icky feeling you get after flying and then sleeping...) my bridesmaid and saving grace on this trip, Melanie, and I headed off to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy our first day in the parks!

We met up with the family I nannied for in college who came down for the wedding and they had these special fastpasses you could use on any ride. Well, at my shower I had mentioned that Thunder Mountain was my favorite ride, so as soon as they saw me they started screaming that they wanted to ride that with me! But first, they saw Woody and Jessie, so we had to wait in line for that! I adore these little girls and I have never been in Disney with kids, so I was having so much fun seeing how excited they got over everything and teaching them about hidden mickeys. In fact, I rode with 2 of the 4 girls on haunted mansion and showed them the hidden mickey there, well the youngest wasn't in our doombuggy so she didn't hear about it until later. They said for the next 3 hours all she talked about was getting back in there to see it and they looked for them in every ride from there on out! They are so much fun!

We went on a handful of rides, Small World, Haunted Mansion and Philharmagic before it was time for Mel and I to head out and get ready for the rehersal. Perfect timing because they girls were just starting to get cranky and fight over which mickey ears they were each getting! To my surprise, the dad had run ahead and bought me the bridal ears to wear since they said I didn't look "bridal" enough! I have to admit, they were fun to wear around the park! Although I was excited to get to the rehersal I was a little sad we only got to spend a few hours in the park. In hindsight (since it is 20/20 of course!) we should have come down earlier because the day before the wedding was not enough time to relax and enjoy our guests before the big day!!!! We rushed home and I called Kevin about a million times to find out where he was and would he make it on time, only to find out that he was at Chick Fil-A eating and they would be back to the resort in 20 minutes. That was a relief, all I had to do was straighten my hair, change my clothes and put our wedding bins in the car and head on over!

In the meantime I got texts that all of my bridesmaids and my minister had made it to Florida on time and were all checked into their hotels. And this is where my anxiety about the wedding went out the window and I *finally* started to enjoy myself!

Up next.... rehersal, drinks around the world and all of the centerpieces shattering.... But until then I leave you with a few pictures.... Sorry they are huge, I am bad at resizing things!!

me and the girls with Woody and Jessie
OurWeddingWeekend004.jpg
[/IMG]

The boys at the airport enjoying some pre-flight drinks
OurWeddingWeekend001.jpg

The girls and me at the airport enjoying our pre-flight drinks
OurWeddingWeekend002.jpg

So the time finally came to shove everything in bins and head off to the wedding pavillion for the rehersal. Honestly, I was so less than excited for it. I was excited for Epcot after, but not for the rehersal itself. But, we needed it and wanted to do it, so off we went! Thank God for our rental car because we were late about 99% of the trip! :banana:

As we pulled up to the WP, I started getting excited when I realized there were so many people here that I hadn't seen yet. I made sure to get about 90 pictures of our names on the board and then went inside to find everyone. The minister and his wife (we have been friends for about 15 years!) were there and were blown away. They had never been to Disney and could not believe how beautiful everything was.

Long rehersal short, we did what we needed to and went on our way. The only thing we were not able to practice was our friend Kristy singing. She was promised there would be a piano the next day and that she could do a run-through half an hour before the ceremony. More about that later....

As soon as we finished we all headed off to Epcot. My matron of honor had a baby 3 weeks before the wedding (yes she is incredible and drove all the way to Florida with the infant and her family to be a part of her day and I am forever grateful) so she wasn't going to go to Epcot. As we were leaving the WP, she changed her mind, called her mom who was with the baby and gave her instructions and headed off with us! I was beyond excited!! She has never been to Disney and it was all I wanted to do was to get her into a park!

Around 6:30 we met up with our families, and I was even nice to Kevin's mom, who is such a debbie downer and is always complaining about something. We started our drink-around-the-world journey in France and by Germany my husband was drunk. I think he had 3 drinks in every country! There were about 20 of us total so it was a ton of fun. We ended the night with Illuminations in Mexico. As we were heading out to the car (I was clearly driving..) I noticed something wet in Kevin's pocket. He told me not to worry about it until we got in the car. When we got there he pulled out two margartia glasses. The whole front of his pants were soaked with margartia. There were 5 of us int he car and I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life. It was the perfect end to the day!

We dropped my MOH back at POP where she was staying, kissed the little baby because she's adorable, picked up another bridesmaid who was staying with me and headed off to All Star, where my husband was staying. Thank goodness I didn't have to deal with his drunkenness all night! Once we got back to AKL, my 3 bridesmaids and I went out by the fire when I remembered that my centerpieces should have been delivered by now. We had overnighted them from Pittsburgh and they should be waiting.

Well, first the girl told me they didn't have anything but they should get a shipment tomorrow by 4... welll, uhhhh the wedding is at 5!!!! Then as soon as I got back to the room to panic, I had a vm stating they were at the front desk. The same CM miraculously found them this time and sent them up. Excited, I opened the package to find a box of shattered glass. Yep, shattered.... 3 out of 6 of them, totally unsavable even with the massive amount of different glues I packed in case of a decor emergency!

Luckily I am pretty calm and just figured I was going to run to Michael's first thing in the morning at the Loop and grab 3 more. Soooo thankful that I lived in this part of Orlando for a year so I knew my way around! After giving my girls their gifts (they each got Disney mints, their wedding day jewlery and a Coach wristlet) we all crashed. Hard. I was E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D.

At the rehersal
OurWeddingWeekend008.jpg

OurWeddingWeekend042.jpg

Marton of Honor and I in Epcot
OurWeddingWeekend047.jpg

Preparing for our Mexican honeymoon
OurWeddingWeekend054.jpg

Flower girl
OurWeddingWeekend053.jpg

OurWeddingWeekend055.jpg

Up next... wedding day and vendor reviews!!!

Fun pics! You guys look like you were having such a great time! Can't wait to see wedding pics and reviews!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter