MCO immigration

... From a selfish point of view, would they prioritise passengers who have imminent arrangements (such as catching a cruise ship)?
Do you have to reclaim your baggage at PHL or does it go straight through to Orlando from Manchester?
Thanks for your help.

It really depends on the airport and airline as for getting priority. We've seen officials come round the queues check where people are going, and move them, but it just depends. If you are struffling for time, might be best to ask an agent. It also depends on the airline, at Newark, Continental once held a flight for a few of us off a delayed Glasgow flight for a good half hour or so. At immigration there last year there were agents going around and checking where people were going and moving them out to the front of the queue or sent to one of the US citizen desks.

At PHL, as with any US airport when arriving from outside the US, you'll have to reclaim your baggage. Once you go through immigration, you go through into the main baggage hall. At the far end of that is the customs official where you handover your white form, turn a corner, handover your bags at the flight connections bit, and carry on down a ramp and come back round to join the queue at security. From there its on to wherever your flight is, always a good idea to check the gate incase its changed from what is on the boarding pass.

We found PHL fairly easy to connect through. We had a 1hr wait in immigration, largely due to the one flight in front of us having numerous people sent back to fill in forms or taken for secondary referrals. We were speaking though with someone off our flight to Orlando, whose wife came through the week before in 10 minutes. Its just luck of the draw really. That said, I had paid for us to have Economy+ or whatever it was called -seats at the front of economy, no benefit other than that, and you were supposed to board first. However, for when we arrived at PHL it was certainly worth being among the first off that flight.

As far as MCO immigration goes, its been a while since we flew into MCO diret, but the last time we did was in 2009, and arrived into an empty hall, just infront of a BA and LH flight. I think the years before that we had a wait, but nothing excessive. We'll see what happens this year as we are again flying with VS straight to MCO

Eek...... What time did you arrive in MCO the following day please?
We need to be on the ship at Port Canaveral by 13.15 at the latest. Do you think that, if this happened to us, we will make it?
I assume that there will be many other passengers on flight 735 from Manchester going onward to Orlando as well. From a selfish point of view, would they prioritise passengers who have imminent arrangements (such as catching a cruise ship)?
Do you have to reclaim your baggage at PHL or does it go straight through to Orlando from Manchester?
Thanks for your help.

We arrived in MCO very early the next morning. I can't remember the exact time, but it was around 8:30 am I think. It worked out really well, as we'd had a full 8 hours sleep in the hotel and had woken early - as our bodyclocks hadn't yet adjusted to US time. You would definitely make it to Port Canaveral in time, if that happened to you.

It's only happened to us once in a dozen trips. I was even held back in immigration at PHL for 'secondary vetting' once (rather worrying, but it was because somehow my name hadn't been on the flight's passenger manifest!) and we still made it to the flight. We've been there at Easter too when there were huge queues waiting to get through Security and managed to make it onto the flight.

You have to collect your bags in the baggage hall at PHL once you get through immigration. Then you walk through customs, turn right and drop them off again for loading onto your flight to MCO. On the return journey, there's no need to do this and your bags get checked through to MAN.

Be aware that PHL is a very big airport and it always seems like the flight to MCO departs from the furthest gate. It is a long trek across from one terminal to another. Don't get distracted by food and shopping on the way. There are food outlets by the gates and if you have to eat or drink, get something once you are at the gate for the flight to MCO.

We fly out one month today and are back on 12th May. I can let you know how it goes for us this time.

I usually do a live trip report too, so will make sure I keep note of the timings etc from landing in PHL through to the flight to MCO.

Oh juliebro, that would be wonderful!!! I would really appreciate it. You are very kind!!!

When we landed in MCO last September (GLA-MCO Virgin flight mid afternoon) we had a 2hr and 15mins wait simply standing in line shuffling forward.

I had to thank everyone here for the posts about wait times etc because it prepared me and DBF for what we might have (and indeed did) experience. It wasnt a fun experience, but because we were armed with the information and had thought there was a chance we would be caught up in it, we made the best of it.

This year we are on the EDI- LGW - MCO BA flight on the 31st October and I have every expectation that there shall be a wait of some kind.

I'm so thankful for all the wee notes of information people post here, I certainly dont view them as negative or scare mongering - just people helping other people out.

:hippie:

Ciorsdah said:
When we landed in MCO last September (GLA-MCO Virgin flight mid afternoon) we had a 2hr and 15mins wait simply standing in line shuffling forward.

I had to thank everyone here for the posts about wait times etc because it prepared me and DBF for what we might have (and indeed did) experience. It wasnt a fun experience, but because we were armed with the information and had thought there was a chance we would be caught up in it, we made the best of it.

This year we are on the EDI- LGW - MCO BA flight on the 31st October and I have every expectation that there shall be a wait of some kind.

I'm so thankful for all the wee notes of information people post here, I certainly dont view them as negative or scare mongering - just people helping other people out.

:hippie:

This is what We are going to do. What will be will be. Have not experienced much of a wait when been on the early flight but there again it used to leave at 10.30. It now leaves 45 mins later. On the later flight thats when we had the long wait. Not nice especially with my mom in a wheelchair. The line for wheelchairs was run by one very slow immigration officer who also decided to let through internal passengers ration 4:1. Hence the long wait. Still as I said will just be glad we have landed as hate flying and will have my feet firmly on the old terracotta :) going 2 weeks tuesday so hopefully after the easter rush( can but hope lol)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That wait time is hellish, mind you, we met folk last year who had a wait that length split between sat on plane and in immigration. It all depends really on if the flights are on-time or not as to what sort of wait you're likely to get. I've just gone and looked at Sunday 23rd June when we go this year for the VS / BA / LH flights

VS71 GLA-MCO 10.20 - 14.00
VS75 MAN-MCO 11.00 - 15.20
VS27 LGW-MCO 11.15 - 15.35
BA2037 LGW-MCO 11.20 - 15.35
VS15 LGW-MCO 13.00 - 17.05
BA2039 LGW-MCO 13.50-18.05
LH464 FRA-MCO 14:00L-18.05

And, if it was the Saturday 22nd with the extra MAN flight...
VS75 MAN-MCO 11.00 - 15.20
VS27 LGW-MCO 11.15 - 15.35
BA2037 LGW-MCO 11.20 - 15.35
VS71 GLA-MCO 12.05 - 15.45
VS15 LGW-MCO 13.00 - 17.05
VS73 MAN-MCO 13.45 - 17.55
BA2039 LGW-MCO 13.50-18.05
LH464 FRA-MCO 14:00L-18.05

I cannot stand the thought of getting kept on the plane. This has only happened to me once and I had a significant panic attack. I am not a panic attack kind of person but I am very claustrophobic and have to employ a lot of self will to fly. I'd rather queue in immigration, however long that may be for.

I cannot stand the thought of getting kept on the plane. This has only happened to me once and I had a significant panic attack. I am not a panic attack kind of person but I am very claustrophobic and have to employ a lot of self will to fly. I'd rather queue in immigration, however long that may be for.

I am not keen on the idea of being stuck on the plane either.

Overall its not great to be standing but I think as I said if you are prepared for it then its not as bad. Thats the reason why we never make any firm plans like ADRS for our first night just not worth adding to the stress.

I would however like the lines to be a bit more controlled we saw plenty of people line jumping when we last went through. Seem to remember it being better controlled at Sanford.

They seem to be holding you on your landed flight for 30-45 mins to help the long wait in terminals, but then saying up to 1 hour could be possible also... Not Good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter