MCO immigration

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by RDP, Mar 13, 2013.

1. RDP

RDP DIS Veteran

Has there been any recent change in practice at MCO recently to explain the lines and wait times people are quoting? We waited around for approximately 1hr last November are things getting worse or is it hit and miss?

1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

4. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

some friends of ours recently waited under 1 hr they said. They were in Economy in a 747 half way down the plane! So not too bad, and still quicker then going in-direct:) It does off course depend also on when your flight lands. Last september we waited about 1 1/2 hours and were right at the back of the 747 and landed the same time as a huge flight from Brazil, but got in the hall before them, as we took off 3 hours late (as per normal with VA flights we are on:confused3)!! Pretty sure we'd have added an hour to that if they'd got there first. I suspect that we would have waited some what longer under the same circumstances today! Having said that I still rather wait a couple of hours in MCO then fly indirect...unless the price is right!!;)

5. irisheyes123

irisheyes123 DIS Veteran

I'm dreading having to do immigration in mco in June we are flying british airways. I just hope the wait won't be really bad.

6. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

Oh no, heard something about this recently! Dreading spending 2-3 hrs in Immigration with DS!! We're flying VA and arriving (all going to plan!) at 5pm. Last time we flew Aer Lingus and got in at 4pm, queues were mad and we waited about 3 hours. Really hope to avoid that this time if at all possible - any tips?

7. scoobydooby

scoobydooby Dreaming of next Disney trip

I've only ever waited more than half an hour once when two 747s arrived at the same time. Waited an hour that time. There's only so many people they can hold in immigration due to fire regs so they will have to staff according to at least that minimum need.

8. wayneg

Hopefully you will hit a good time to land.:goodvibes

9. wayneg

They are getting around it by holding on the plane for 30-60mins before disembarking. Long threads on other forums if you have a look. Some very unhappy travellers.

10. Kath2003

Kath2003 DIS Veteran

You can see typical wait times here: http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

Looks about 40-50 mins on average lately. When you compare that to other airports, it's slow...We are connecting through BOS this year, average wait times there recently seem to be 10-30 mins.

11. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

We landed on time on the VS15 in December and there was few passengers in front of us from a Jamaica flight my we were through in about 15 mins from PE.

However the worst is if you are coming in on the VS27, VS75 or BA flights as they are scheduled to land close together and if end up the last to land you could have a very long wait.

12. catherine

catherine <font color=red>Hey not fair, you guys already hav

I was just thinking that I'm happy that I can go through the line for US citizens with the rest of my family and then I read this! :faint:

13. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Yes, that was a concern of mine last year. We were lucky in that we landed half an hour early so we beat the other two flights and were through in 15 minutes. Then waited an hour for the belts to open for our luggage due to severe thunderstorms ..... you can't win :lmao:

Seriously though, this is why I prefer indirect. Adding on 3 hours to your travel time by going indirect effectively is only an hour longer and I'd rather be traveling than standing in a boring line almost there, but not quite :rolleyes:

14. Radley

Radley Earning My Ears

Oh this is going to be fun with a baby and no pram! We fly in school holidays so I imagine its going to be nice and busy. Oh well I'm sure it will be worth it once we are out the airport lets just hope we don't have a 3 hour queue to get there!

15. wayneg

Hopefully you will be OK in PE, get off first and run:rotfl2:

16. Radley

Radley Earning My Ears

Haha can you imagine me zooming off the plans and Luke struggling behind with all the bags.

17. wayneg

Once you are on the cruise it will be all forgot.:goodvibes

18. Radley

Radley Earning My Ears

I'd like to say roll on the next 2 weeks but we've still got to do half our ADR's. Then again after the cruise we'll probably be all fooded out.

19. luke

luke Señor Mejor

Sounds like any time we go anywhere...

:goodvibes

20. luke

luke Señor Mejor

Only a third of our ADR's to do now :)

:goodvibes

21. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

On our last trip it was quite busy, but there was a guy walking round and pulling families with small babies straight to the front. (Not sure if this is something they do frequently or not). We were lucky to be included in this as I was pregnant and had a tired 2year old in my arms lol.