MB and FP+ a few complaints

ton80

Red Dot stuck in a Blue State !
Hello,
We just returned from a week long stay and the 2 most annoying issues we had were:

My MB had to be reset multiple times when entering a park.
CM would "ask" me questions like where were the tixs purchased at, what was the last park entered, how many days on the tix. This kind of makes you feel like a criminal ??? This did not happen to my DW or DS... only me.

FP+ Disney needs to change this so you can reserve the 4th,5th etc from your phone instead of going to the park and reserving them. Later on in the day all the HL attractions were out of FP+ and many had waits of 90+ mins. :furious:

Hello,
We just returned from a week long stay and the 2 most annoying issues we had were:

CM would "ask" me questions like where were the tixs purchased at, what was the last park entered, how many days on the tix. This kind of makes you feel like a criminal ??? This did not happen to my DW or DS... only me.

FP+ Disney needs to change this so you can reserve the 4th,5th etc from your phone instead of going to the park and reserving them. Later on in the day all the HL attractions were out of FP+ and many had waits of 90+ mins. :furious:

You'll find those that will come along shortly and somehow blame you for what happened. ;)

Yes, FP+ has issues and there needs to be major changes done to their IT department (the main problem).

From what I have been reading, the CM's don't seem to be handling problems that well. Customer satisfaction also seems to be declining when it comes to CM's interactions.

We had to have the reset..different card and different persons in our party. I know why mine didn't set correctly--my finger nail got caught in the scanner so I was off center. It didn't bother me--I pulled my id card and it was so quickly to get in. No questions asked. CM was helpful while I was waiting for the Magic reset CM.

DH didn't remember which hand he used for the initial scan. But actually it wasn't his band that caused the problem. The person in front got a blue and went right through--it sent up an error. He was asked what park we had gone in and he looked at me with the deer in the headlights look. I refused to answer (he trained me about security). It was actually funny to us. He looked at the CM and said "I rode RnR Coaster 3 times"

And then the 3 year old got a blue. He just shoved his hand up and poked Mickey and it turned green.

I am sorry you had not pleasant CM and had to suffer through this. We saw a lot of folks who would just ignore the blue mickey head or the CM who asked them to try again. I think those are the folks that set the tone for the day.

Phone availability would only heighten the problem that you experienced. The easier it is for people to book their additional FPs, the faster they will "sell out". The only reason why Disney makes people go to kiosks now is to slow them down and provide a bit of a speed bump in the system. Otherwise, all the FPs would be scooped up while people were seated in rides, or in line for other rides, or sitting down eating a meal, or lounging by the pool, or riding the bus, or riding the monorail, etc. The depletion of FPs would happen much, much faster that way. A classic case of: "Be careful what you wish for". While you are riding Space Mountain with your phone carefully tucked away, someone else would be on the PeopleMover booking that very last FP for Splash Mountain. Or worse yet. Someone who isn't even in the park at the moment, (and who may not actually make it to the park for the day), might grab that last FP. By requiring that both of you physically be in the park, and making both of you go to a kiosk, there is a bit of a "race" to get the FP at the kiosk, but you are both on even footing.

I was pleased with our FP+ experience. Our 3rd FP started at 4:30 for SDMT, and we were able to get 3 additional FP+ after that. The headliners were indeed not available, but BTMR was available, and so was Haunted Mansion and Pirates, and the speedway (I hate standing in that line, so that was one of the additional FP+'s) and Buzz. Space and Splash and SDMT were all gone, but we enjoyed those rides earlier in the day and did the 'second tier' rides later with FP+.

Edited to add: We had waits of about 10 mins at the kiosks, around 5:30 PM and later. We went to the Tomorrowland kiosks, they seem to be almost across from each other there.

Hello,

Not so sure doing it from your phone would alleviate the problem. Since you can't book your 4th till you've used 1,2 and 3 that is at the earliest Noon on a 9am park opening day. On your busiest days all the HLs are typically gone by Noon so it wouldn't matter kiosk or phone.

The person in front got a blue and went right through--it sent up an error... We saw a lot of folks who would just ignore the blue mickey head...

To me, Disney made a serious error in using BLUE as the "No-Go" or STOP color.

If GREEN is the "OK" or GO color, then the "No-Go" or STOP color should be RED. Simple.

What the heck does BLUE mean to most people?

Hello,

I am sorry you had those problems entering the park. I hope Disney works the kinks out of the system so the "glitches" are fewer and farther between.

Lots of people (including myself) agree that it would be WAY more convenient if we could book the 4th (and later) fastpasses from the app. Kiosks seem to be a clumsy way to handle booking these. I'm hopeful they'll change this soon.

The fact that headline attractions were out of FP+ later in the day and had long wait times is to be expected. Things were this way with FP-. It's a supply and demand thing. I'm always surprised when people are surprised by this. It's for this very reason that people try to make their FP+ selections as early as possible. It's why people used to run all over the park collecting FP-. It's why there are so many "touring plans" and strategies. Popular attractions have long wait times so people try to find the best ways around those long wait times.

Lots of people (including myself) agree that it would be WAY more convenient if we could book the 4th (and later) fastpasses from the app. Kiosks seem to be a clumsy way to handle booking these. I'm hopeful they'll change this soon.
How would this prevent people from booking FPs for a park they aren't even in? If you were in Epcot all day using your FPs at 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00 and were anxiously awaiting the moment when you could book your 4th FP for the Tier 1 ride that you haven't yet gotten a FP for, would you want people who are in AK who used their FPs at 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 to get a jump on you and use up all the Epcot FPs? Especially if it turns out that they change their minds and don't even bother to hop over to Epcot? No, it is actually a much better system to force people to be in a park before they hoard all the passes.

Phone availability would only heighten the problem that you experienced. The easier it is for people to book their additional FPs, the faster they will "sell out". The only reason why Disney makes people go to kiosks now is to slow them down and provide a bit of a speed bump in the system. Otherwise, all the FPs would be scooped up while people were seated in rides, or in line for other rides, or sitting down eating a meal, or lounging by the pool, or riding the bus, or riding the monorail, etc. The depletion of FPs would happen much, much faster that way. A classic case of: "Be careful what you wish for". While you are riding Space Mountain with your phone carefully tucked away, someone else would be on the PeopleMover booking that very last FP for Splash Mountain. Or worse yet. Someone who isn't even in the park at the moment, (and who may not actually make it to the park for the day), might grab that last FP. By requiring that both of you physically be in the park, and making both of you go to a kiosk, there is a bit of a "race" to get the FP at the kiosk, but you are both on even footing.

Yep; when I see this now it reminds me of the earlier user reviews that all said "Fastpass+ is great! They just need to get rid of the tiers and allow us to book more than 3".

I don't ever see them allowing you to book same day FP's on your phone. They do not monitor people as they exit the park so as earlier posters have said, you could hit your 3 FP's by noon and start booking your next park as you took the boat, bus or monorail to that park. Even the old sytem required the physical presence of a ticket to get the FP. At least with the new system only one person needs to go to the kiosk to acquire a FP for everyone in the group.

I was surprised that I waited in line with a local who had an AP and she showed me about 10 MB she had in her backpack that had FP's on them for her groups use during the day. They belonged to friends who had booked FP's on them even though the band was not even used for a person to enter the park that day. So effectively her and the four other girls in her group had 9 FP's each for the day to use. Since they could only book at I think the 30 day mark they could not get early FP's for 7DMT but they had plenty for other rides.

There are still glitches in the system and I was very unhappy with the low number of kiosks and the lines overall I was not displeased with the system. I mena we could not get multiple FP's for the headliners we did find ourselves going on rides and to attractions that we had bypassed for many visits and it was good to rediscover a lot of those.

If GREEN is the "OK" or GO color, then the "No-Go" or STOP color should be RED. Simple.

So true. Blue = fail is an odd option. They need a sound too. Ding ok, buzz fail. You have those like DH who are color blind and can't tell what color they change period. There isn't enough color area for him to get an idea or tell if it's blue or green.

I agree with this. Especially with so many people now trained by their iphones to know that blue means everything is working perfectly. In imessage green means you or the person you're messaging is out of a service area and your message was sent as - ugh - a text message.

So now to me green = fail and blue = working as it should!

How would this prevent people from booking FPs for a park they aren't even in? If you were in Epcot all day using your FPs at 10:00, 11:00 and 12:00 and were anxiously awaiting the moment when you could book your 4th FP for the Tier 1 ride that you haven't yet gotten a FP for, would you want people who are in AK who used their FPs at 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 to get a jump on you and use up all the Epcot FPs? Especially if it turns out that they change their minds and don't even bother to hop over to Epcot? No, it is actually a much better system to force people to be in a park before they hoard all the passes.

I didn't say they should let people book their 4th from a different park ... just that you shouldn't have to stand in line at a kiosk. :confused3

I was surprised that I waited in line with a local who had an AP and she showed me about 10 MB she had in her backpack that had FP's on them for her groups use during the day. They belonged to friends who had booked FP's on them even though the band was not even used for a person to enter the park that day. So effectively her and the four other girls in her group had 9 FP's each for the day to use. Since they could only book at I think the 30 day mark they could not get early FP's for 7DMT but they had plenty for other rides.

That is easily fixed by requiring the band to be activiated at the park, prior to the FPP becoming valid. I'm surprised they haven't fixed that already. I guess you could go out and come back in wearing the additional bands, but at least it would require additional time.

That is easily fixed by requiring the band to be activiated at the park, prior to the FPP becoming valid. I'm surprised they haven't fixed that already. I guess you could go out and come back in wearing the additional bands, but at least it would require additional time.

Are these people with annual passes or something? Tickets have to be attached on the MB to book FP+ right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter