Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru...

With all the complaints, I think I'll add a compliment.

We don't get it often, but from time to time, DD#2 and I crave KFC. Admittedly, our order is easy and the same for both of us, a 2-pc meal, both pieces drumsticks, cole slaw and mashed potatoes. And KFC has NEVER, in the five years we've been going there, messed up our order. And they ALWAYS include napkins and "silverware."

I told the manager about how efficient his staff is, and he gave me a phone number and asked me to advise corporate. I did call corporate and the next time I went to KFC, the manager remembered me and thanked me!

Queen Colleen

I love this and also I didn't know you could get 2 drumsticks!!!

You know, your ketchup seems to be of extreme importance for you. Let me make you a suggestion. Why don't you buy a bottle of ketchup and keep it in your car? That way you will have it, even if you go to a place that doesn't ask if you want any..(or heaven forbid they do ask and should make a mistake).

see, here is an example of the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business. This was my first mention of ketchup. i just found it funny that you were so anal to the other poster about NOT offering at your establishment that I had to mention it. Tongue in cheek of course.

see, here is an example of the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business. This was my first mention of ketchup. i just found it funny that you were so anal to the other poster about NOT offering at your establishment that I had to mention it. Tongue in cheek of course.

Your tongue is making you difficult to understand, could you put the missing words in there to help it make sense for me please? Not offering what? and I guess you made quite the impression with your one mention of ketchup? :confused3

I might also, tongue in cheek, mention that I find it amusing that you are amused by the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business, while lacking the attention to detail in your capitalizations in your post. :rolleyes:

Dear Fast Food worker: When I order a bacon-grilled chicken sandwich "Meat and cheese only" - bacon is meat! :confused3

And Mc Donalds, for the love of french fries, PLEASE turn off the automated message when the drive through is closed!

OP, seems like you need to relax a little. It's not a personal attack on you when people don't meet your drive through requirements. That whole walk a mile thing...

It was not your first contribution to the thread. So, I did recognize your handle there but didn't really have time to set you apart.

As a person who works in the drive thru everyday for.... hmmm coming up on three years now, why did you assume I can set, make or change policy? (Does my shiny crew trainer name tag confuse you? I can only do what I am told to do and paid for. I I know this because I have made suggestions and been told that I am being ignored because I cannot move up the ladder because of personal choice).

I tried to make it clear. Asking if you want ketchup, or giving it freely has been deemed a waste. I am told to only ask about the things that our touchscreens prompts. If ketchup is a priority to you, ASK FOR IT. Because we will not ask. You can also ask for it at the second window if you forget, as I do my damnedest to make sure we have a lot of it there, exactly for that reason.

Otherwise I am usually off making ice cream, smoothies, shakes, McFlurries, frappes, mochas, lattes, coffes, oatmeals...or maybe stocking, taking cash in the back window, preparing Happy Meal boxes, salad dressing bags, or even making fries....

We're not just standing around with our fingers up our noses, waiting for you drive up. (Please don't drive up and immediately start saying "heLLo? HeLLoO??" because my passive aggressive side does make you wait extra seconds just for being annoying when you do).

I try to assess what my co-workers need and help them to have what they need BEFORE they are at the point of getting it themselves. (I am talking about those who hand out the orders at the second window here) And, it's not one or two things, I have to be a little scattered, what with hearing voices in my head all day.....

If you go to the drive thru - please think of this and maybe cut the person on the other end a little bit of slack. They might be doing other things when you drive up and have their hands so full they cannot even reach up and press the little ear button, so they can say "hi! I'll be with you in a moment!"

:cool1:

And hey...if you wanna turn this into a "ask the person who works the drive thru" thread...I am okay with that.

:)

Dear Fast Food worker: When I order a bacon-grilled chicken sandwich "Meat and cheese only" - bacon is meat! :confused3

And Mc Donalds, for the love of french fries, PLEASE turn off the automated message when the drive through is closed!

OP, seems like you need to relax a little. It's not a personal attack on you when people don't meet your drive through requirements. That whole walk a mile thing...

LOL. Yeah maybe.

But there still are some very basic drive thru "rules" that are no longer recognized.

Turn OFF your radio.

Roll down your window.

The driver and ONLY the drive orders.

Do not be on your cell phone when ordering.

Other than that, the rest were all humor and you'd be surprised at how many people do not seem to know those basic ....rules.

We have two bacon chicken sandwiches, available with grilled chicken, Do you want the BLT or the CLUB? You're already confusing folks by ordering your own thing and not something on the actual menu. (I would guess you want the BLT, grilled, bacon only - and would suggest if you order it this way, your chances of getting it right will likely increase.)

Your tongue is making you difficult to understand, could you put the missing words in there to help it make sense for me please? Not offering what? and I guess you made quite the impression with your one mention of ketchup? :confused3

I might also, tongue in cheek, mention that I find it amusing that you are amused by the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business, while lacking the attention to detail in your capitalizations in your post. :rolleyes:

:cheer2:OUCH!!! Slapped by the grammar police!!!!:banana:

Just wanted to add, my first official job (at 14) was at McD's... even back then we were taught to "suggestive sell" (ie: would you like fries wth that?) A skill, that I have found useful my working life (from waitressing, to retail and banking). But we also were taught to conserve in efforts to save money.
A 6 piece got ONE sauce, 2 ketchups only, not too many napkins, etc.etc.etc. (of course this was all unless more is requested) I can only assume that the switch to NO ketchup unless requested happened sometime since my Hot, Green Polyester Shirt days!!! :confused3

I think that as an effort to stop being "the big bad unhealthy guy" they even stopped asking "would you like to supersize that?" (at least my local store doesn't ask) Of course, along with all of the other "healthier options" they have added.

Which brings me to another point... These menus are EXPANSIVE now. Gone are the days of a choice between 6 styles of burgers, 1 chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets or a fish filet (and the special of the season, like the McRib:sad2:). There are just sooo many choices that it does make it harder for one to peruse the menu and order promptly and efficiently. I can only imagine the nightmares it causes for staff each time something new gets rolled out!!!!

I can't get over all the hostility on this thread.

I know. I get the feeling that some of these people have never worked in customer service a day in their life. I've never worked fast food, but I completely understand the frustration of having to deal with both "management/corporate" and the public. No one is happy no matter what you do and you take a ton of crap from both sides.

I understand the frustration when the person taking your order doesn't seem to speak or understand english very well, but guess what...they're the only ones who seem to take those jobs. My teenage daughter has friends who have worked fast food and the stories they tell are insane. The people who work there are absolutely abused by management. I told dd that she should only consider working at a fast food place as an absolute last resort. She takes her abuse as a cashier elsewhere.

I also am not happy when my order gets screwed up, but I'm certainly not perfect either.

I completely get the op's frustration. I think all anyone who works with the public wants is a little courtesy and consideration.

I can't get over all the hostility on this thread.

I know, it's hysterical. All over ordering in a drive thru. People will get their panties in a bunch over anything. I love all the "rules" that people are supposed to know and abide by. Of course, they are all unwritten rules and ones that are subjective to location and a variety of other things, but darn it you better follow them!!!! :rotfl2:

The one about carrying a bottle of ketchup in your car has to be the most out there advice I have ever heard. :lmao: I can imagine that is going to taste real good when it goes rancid after sitting in the closed up car during the hot and steamy summer. Yummy, a little botulism to go with your fries today? I would think it would be easy to ask if someone would like ketchup or salt with their order if they happened to have ordered fries, but heck, I am just glad that they get the order right, let alone any of the extras. Even when you do ask if something is in the bag, such as ketchup or sauce, they say yes and then it's not in there. It would be nice if fluency in the English language was a job requirement, but apparently it's just a warm body is all that is needed.

Hey, look for the silver lining. One poster now knows they can order two drum sticks at KFC. It's the little things.

Heidict said:
I know, it's hysterical. All over ordering in a drive thru. People will get their panties in a bunch over anything. I love all the "rules" that people are supposed to know and abide by. Of course, they are all unwritten rules and ones that are subjective to location and a variety of other things, but darn it you better follow them!!!! :rotfl2:

The one about carrying a bottle of ketchup in your car has to be the most out there advice I have ever heard. :lmao: I can imagine that is going to taste real good when it goes rancid after sitting in the closed up car during the hot and steamy summer. Yummy, a little botulism to go with your fries today? I would think it would be easy to ask if someone would like ketchup or salt with their order if they happened to have ordered fries, but heck, I am just glad that they get the order right, let alone any of the extras. Even when you do ask if something is in the bag, such as ketchup or sauce, they say yes and then it's not in there. It would be nice if fluency in the English language was a job requirement, but apparently it's just a warm body is all that is needed.

This is dripping with hostility

spacemountainmom said:
I know. I get the feeling that some of these people have never worked in customer service a day in their life. I've never worked fast food, but I completely understand the frustration of having to deal with both "management/corporate" and the public. No one is happy no matter what you do and you take a ton of crap from both sides.

I understand the frustration when the person taking your order doesn't seem to speak or understand english very well, but guess what...they're the only ones who seem to take those jobs. My teenage daughter has friends who have worked fast food and the stories they tell are insane. The people who work there are absolutely abused by management. I told dd that she should only consider working at a fast food place as an absolute last resort. She takes her abuse as a cashier elsewhere.

I also am not happy when my order gets screwed up, but I'm certainly not perfect either.

I completely get the op's frustration. I think all anyone who works with the public wants is a little courtesy and consideration.

I love this

I don't usually have issues with fast food workers. Its a tough job, mostly they are kids and seniors. They work with the public so they get my sympathy and yes, pity. Just wish some of those kids wouldn't sound so surly and bored LOL.. Ive learned that at times, drive thru aren't the best for special orders and such and its just hard to communicate through well when you aren't face to face.

That said, my issues are usually with the customers, not the workers. ;)

This is dripping with hostility

Hostility? Where am I being hostile? I am making fun of a thread and some funny things there were posted on it along with some frustrations that I have noticed as a customer going through a drive thru. How is that hostile?:confused3 Maybe it's the tone that you are reading it in that it making it sound hostile?

Heidict said:
Hostility? Where am I being hostile? I am making fun of a thread and some funny things there were posted on it along with some frustrations that I have noticed as a customer going through a drive thru. How is that hostile?:confused3 Maybe it's the tone that you are reading it in that it making it sound hostile?

Maybe the last comment about a warm body. I read hostility through out your post.

Maybe the last comment about a warm body. I read hostility through out your post.

Well, I can assure you that it was not written with hostility as the intend. Trust me, I work with the public everyday, so I understand and sympathize that it can be a frustrating and thankless job.

I noticed that you have a DD named Danica. How did you come up with that name? That is our 5 months old name, named after my sister who pasted a few years ago. You never see that name.

Well, I can assure you that it was not written with hostility as the intend. Trust me, I work with the public everyday, so I understand and sympathize that it can be a frustrating and thankless job.

I noticed that you have a DD named Danica. How did you come up with that name? That is our 5 months old name, named after my sister who pasted a few years ago. You never see that name.

I love that name!!! My hubby like Nascar and I wanted a name that isn't that popular so I thought of Danica Patrick. I am so sorry about your sister. :grouphug:

LOL. Yeah maybe.

But there still are some very basic drive thru "rules" that are no longer recognized.

Turn OFF your radio.

Roll down your window.

The driver and ONLY the drive orders.

Do not be on your cell phone when ordering.

Other than that, the rest were all humor and you'd be surprised at how many people do not seem to know those basic ....rules.

We have two bacon chicken sandwiches, available with grilled chicken, Do you want the BLT or the CLUB? You're already confusing folks by ordering your own thing and not something on the actual menu. (I would guess you want the BLT, grilled, bacon only - and would suggest if you order it this way, your chances of getting it right will likely increase.)
:)
The employees at Chick Fil A have trained me well... Grilled chicken club, add provolone, no lettuce or tomato. Means grilled chicken with bacon, provolone and pickles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter