Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru...

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by JosieCat, Apr 21, 2013.

1. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Really so you never complain about your job? God I wish I was as perfect as you.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat Mouseketeer

To those saying I should get another job, I would suggest you don't know all the facts. :)

#1 I walk to work, so I had to find a place close enough that I can walk there.

#2 I already have another job, and that's being a mom to a special needs teenager. I was lucky enough to find something I can do several odd hours everyday and still be home when I am needed. And, these times change over the summer.

#3 I adore the people I work with - bright, funny people who have become my friends, and do take pride in doing my job well. As I said before, I do like helping people...though the ones who insist on being rude, not so much. And there are some days when I feel like I want to find the nearest wall and smash my head into it repeatedly.

4. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

There is no reason why you should have to explain. We all have complaints about our jobs.

5. LuvsDragonflies

LuvsDragonflies DIS Veteran

This :yay:

My guess is some of these people carp about their jobs/lives on a daily basis themselves. :rolleyes1 If you didn't have a job and collected freebies, they'd give you advice about that too. Like take a job, any job, even if you don't like it.

6. CharityLynn

CharityLynn DIS Veteran

My drive-thru complaint has been sort of mentioned in the thread, here the 2 order windows at McDonald's have just become popular. I have on 2 separate occasions at 2 locations, watched a grown man get out of their vehicle and scream at a car for "cutting" in line. One man was cursing a blue streak at the woman and pounded on her rolled up window. Then flipped her off before heading to his car...my daughter wondered why the man was being so mean.

People need to take a deep breath and lighten up.

Also since people are saying if you have a "large order"..what qualifies as a large order? If you order 5 meals for your 5 family members is that too big for drive-thru?

7. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

And better to complain on a random message board then to your customers.

OP, ignore the people who say you can't complain about your job.

8. Mkrop

Mkrop <font color=coral>I just cant go on demand<br><fon

It says for best results...we use a lot of ketchup around here so it doesnt last very long. As a kid growing up, we always kept it in the fridge. DH does not like it in the fridge, showed me that it was unnecessary, and that has been how we been eating ever since. Now mayo and mustard are in the fridge. It has definitely not been in the fridge when sitting on the table at restaurants or the little packets.

9. design_mom

design_mom <font color=royalblue>I am probably more like my d

Yes, if you're using a lot of ketchup it does not need to be refrigerated. THat's why restaurants just leave it on the table. It will be used before it goes bad. I don't know of any restaurants that leave mustard and mayo on the table anymore (some did when I was a kid), unless it's in the little vacuum-sealed packets. I wouldn't use mustard/mayo (particularly mayo) that have been left sitting like that.

We don't use a lot of ketchup at our house so I keep it in the refrigerator. However, I don't like it cold, so we probably use even less ketchup than we would otherwise (because I'd rather do without than eat my fries with refrigerator-cold ketchup.) It's a vicious circle! ;-)

10. dakcp2001

dakcp2001 <font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie

Just wanted to pipe in. I stopped at Wendys yesterday which I have not done in years, but this thread inspired me to want fries. I ordered a junion bacon cheeseburger 1.69, a value size drink .99, and a biggie fries 1.69. They tell me the total 315. I tell the guy that doesn't add up correctly. He asks me to repeat my order, I do. He tells me it is correct. I get to the pay window. The girl again says 3.15. I tell her this is incorrect. She asks me to repeat my order. I do. I get a blank stare. She repeats 3.15. I tell her it should be closer to 5 and something is wrong with my order. Blank stare. This girl speaks perfect english. But has no idea what planet she might inhabit. I ask her to please READ IT BACK TO ME. SHe does, she has a cheeseburger instead of a junior bacon cheeseburger. I explain how this is incorrect. Blank stare. A gentleman comes over I explain my situation. 2 blank stares. He assures me it will be fixed. I pay. They take 315. I go tot he next window and take my cheeseburger and give up on the future of humanity.

11. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Lol I don't have trouble usually except for Dunkin Donuts.

12. Disney Springs

Disney Springs Mouseketeer

There was a specific McDonalds (drive-thru) location we would go to, where we'd have a reoccurring issue. We'd ask for salt. The drive-thru employee would say, "Salt in bag." We get home and dig through the bag. No salt to be found. :confused3

I should add this specific location had employees working the drive-thru who spoke little english. Huge pet peeve of mine! If you are going to work the drive-thru, learn more english! One time we asked for ketchup, and they gave us tons of black pepper instead. :rotfl2: Anyway, back to the 'salt' story.

After a few visits, with the same dialog, ("Salt?", "Salt in bag."), we caught on quickly that we'd never get any salt. We didn't want to hold up a drive-thru searching the bag for salt, that was never in there anyway! So we started asking for "extra" salt. So now we have salt, but it's not "extra". Had to trick them into giving us salt somehow!

My favorite fast food drive-thru is Chick-fil-A. They are super fast with drive-thru, and they always remember to ask you for any "extras". Always got salt, dipping sauces, salt, etc. Love them! :goodvibes

13. iheartdisney

iheartdisney DIS Veteran

Yep, you loooove helping people. Unless they want ketchup.

14. JosieCat

JosieCat Mouseketeer

If you want ketchup, ask for it. I will push the button and make sure it appears on the screen and they know to include it in the bag.

Don't make it sound like I'm trying to deny anyone ketchup here, because that is not what's happening.

:lmao:

15. JosieCat

JosieCat Mouseketeer

You know, your ketchup seems to be of extreme importance for you. Let me make you a suggestion. Why don't you buy a bottle of ketchup and keep it in your car? That way you will have it, even if you go to a place that doesn't ask if you want any..(or heaven forbid they do ask and should make a mistake).

My husband has severe gluten allergies, so we keep a bottle of gluten free soy sauce in the car so we never have to worry about "will the sushi bar have safe soy sauce for him". Just a little tip from me to you. :)

16. PigletsPal2

PigletsPal2 Queen of the Realm

Some don't belong, you're right. But others just make the day.

My DDs go to their local McDonald's every morning for their fountain sodas. The take-away window cashiers know them by sight and recognize if they've traded cars for any reason. They always have a cheerful word when DDs pull up to the window; once when I was with DD#1 (who, poor child, looks like me), the cashier looked in the car and said "Oh,, you must be the mommy!" Yep, I'm the mommy - and payee when I'm in the car.

Queen Colleen

17. TheAviator

TheAviator <font color=blue>I don't always live dangerously,

I agree with your post, but I could take the other angle on this. If you can't understand english, maybe you don't belong at the other end of the drive through. If I had a dollar for everytime I clearly spoke "I NEED A NUMBER 2, WITH A LARGE COKE, THAT"S ALL" "A number 3 with a sprite?" NO A NUMBER 2 WITH A COKE!! A small Dr. Pepper? :mad:

I swear this happens constantly, and I make a point to speak very slowly, very clearly and very loudly, but half the time I get that in response. :crazy2:

18. HannaBelle

HannaBelle DIS Veteran

OP, I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Perfect example that you cannot make everyone happy no matter what you do!

• I love my cold ketchup from home, I am glad they don't automatically put in the bag.
    • I will ask for things to be added and removed from my order in the drive thru, but I won't do multiple orders.
    • I will ask for for extra salsa or picante sauce, I am a Texas girl!
    • My pets, children and my husband will not be ordering. I love that man but he takes 5 minutes to decide what pizza to order at Little Caesars...they have 2 kinds...cheese or pepperoni!

19. dakcp2001

dakcp2001 <font color=darkorchid>Am I wrong to want a cashie

Dunks never gets your coffee right. They train you early to just drink whatever.

20. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Op I can tell you do like your job but just like the rest of us you have complaints. Don't let the holier then thou group get you down.

21. kevschickee

kevschickee DIS Veteran

Lol yup. I can order a med regular and get a large black.