May Announcement?

WoodysHat

Earning My Ears
Josh on easywdw (love him) alluded to a big announcement the first week in May regarding a DHS expansion - is it Cars Land??

Aloha,

Great question. I had the same ? myself. Will it be a new Carsland? How about a Star Wars expansion? If it was me I would add another Toy Story Mania, expand Star Wars and add Carsland. And when will we start to see some Marvel rides????

guynhawaii said:
Aloha,

Great question. I had the same ? myself. Will it be a new Carsland? How about a Star Wars expansion? If it was me I would add another Toy Story Mania, expand Star Wars and add Carsland. And when will we start to see some Marvel rides????

A couple of billion?

No problem...I would fully expect a may announcement..

...of the official opening date of the Grand Floridian Villas...that is.

And sorry to be the one to tell you that WDW will not be getting any Marvel attractions because of a separate contract between Marvel and the Universal theme parks...

However, Hong Kong Disneyland IS getting Marvel attractions!

WoodysHat said:
Josh on easywdw (love him) alluded to a big announcement the first week in May regarding a DHS expansion - is it Cars Land??

A second floor or copy of tsm would be awesome. Cutting wait time by 30/40%. Tsm is the reason we skip hs. So stupid, but we won't wait 45 min for a ride, and I hate skipping the best ride at the whole park, due to wait time. Maybe fp+ will fix it. But a second tsm would make us choose hs for 1 day and lose our 3rd day on our trips at mk. I cannot imagine it anything bigger than 1 ride with everything else going on.

A second floor or copy of tsm would be awesome. Cutting wait time by 30/40%. Tsm is the reason we skip hs. So stupid, but we won't wait 45 min for a ride, and I hate skipping the best ride at the whole park, due to wait time. Maybe fp+ will fix it. But a second tsm would make us choose hs for 1 day and lose our 3rd day on our trips at mk. I cannot imagine it anything bigger than 1 ride with everything else going on.

Doubling capacity at TSM would be brilliant.
I've done it once in the last 3 trips to Disney.

I would love to see a DHS expansion, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of duplicating Cars Land (I'm sure it would be cool, but would rather something new). I would love to see a Star Wars expansion or a general Pixar expansion.

Aloha,

Um...not any time soon.

Universal has a contract, for IOA, that is basically in perpetuity and covers most of the heavy Marvel hitters. They have the rights to all the characters they currently use and "their families, group affiliations, and rogues gallery" until they decide to relinquish it (which isn't going to happen any time soon).

Disney can not use any of them, in the US, east of the Mississippi. No Avengers, no Spiderman, No X-men. Not all that much left...and not anything Disney would want to harness (at this point) to build attractions based on.

To be clear, I'm simplifying here...but there are whole threads on this subject. For more in depth information, if you're interested, hunt one of those down.

As awesome as an expansion for Star Wars would be, a 2nd TSM or Monster's Inc Roller Coaster (could it be? :rotfl:) would make the most sense. Either one could easily fit into that unused "Hot Set" building...

Can't wait to find out!! :thumbsup2

Um...not any time soon.

Universal has a contract, for IOA, that is basically in perpetuity and covers most of the heavy Marvel hitters. They have the rights to all the characters they currently use and "their families, group affiliations, and rogues gallery" until they decide to relinquish it (which isn't going to happen any time soon).

Disney can not use any of them, in the US, east of the Mississippi. No Avengers, no Spiderman, No X-men. Not all that much left...and not anything Disney would want to harness (at this point) to build attractions based on.

This makes me wonder if that's why they are doing the Guardians of the Galaxy film. None of the characters fall under the character families used by Universal. If the film is a hit, they (presumably) are free to create an attraction.

Josh's description was "earth shattering". That means one of two things...
Either it's going to be really big - bigger than anything mentioned here so far,
Or it's going to be a "limited time magic" quality announcement and Josh was just being snarky....

Josh's description was "earth shattering". That means one of two things...
Either it's going to be really big - bigger than anything mentioned here so far,
Or it's going to be a "limited time magic" quality announcement and Josh was just being snarky....

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hope it really is something more at HS. The park just seems so much less attractive than the others. With the limited attractions, it is a half day for us usually. It would be great to have more to do.

Or maybe it's about Avatar Land and he is throwing you off taking about HS. Sorry had to do it.:lmao:

Link please. I am so tired of Everytime anything about HS is announced, people jump to Carsland. It was supposed to be "confirmed" back in Nov and yet here we are again.

jagfanjosh3252 said:
Link please. I am so tired of Everytime anything about HS is announced, people jump to Carsland. It was supposed to be "confirmed" back in Nov and yet here we are again.

Josh's comments are in his latest blog. Just go to www.EasyWDW.com and read the most current post.
He does not say exactly what it is. He does mention "earth shattering" construction news being announced on May 1st and then, when pressed by his readers in the comments section, goes on to say it will be something in DHS. It's not really like Josh to be coy...so I have a feeling he's not saying more because he's not 100% sure of either the timing or the details.

LaurenT said:
Josh's comments are in his latest blog. Just go to www.EasyWDW.com and read the most current post.
He does not say exactly what it is. He does mention "earth shattering" construction news being announced on May 1st and then, when pressed by his readers in the comments section, goes on to say it will be something in DHS. It's not really like Josh to be coy...so I have a feeling he's not saying more because he's not 100% sure of either the timing or the details.

Thanks for posting the link (and instructions)! I hope he can give more hints if/when he has more info. I'm dying to know what it is!

No offense to "Josh"...but the info provided all seems kids common sense or amateur.

Like a CM who takes pictures with an ipad when they're not working the magic kingdom stroller rental, posts them along with public info...and takes unsubstantiated or common sense "takes" on everything else.

Just how it seems

lockedoutlogic said:
No offense to "Josh"...but the info provided all seems kids common sense or amateur.

Like a CM who takes pictures with an ipad when they're not working the magic kingdom stroller rental, posts them along with public info...and takes unsubstantiated or common sense "takes" on everything else.

Just how it seems

May seem that way to you, not to me.
Josh is right on the money 98% of the time.
Not sure what "kids common sense" would have to do with knowing that a very big announcement concerning DHS and new construction is coming out on May 1.
And he doesn't work as a CM.

Since Disney Springs will be announced tomorrow this doesn't seem too far fetched, and since Josh is right most of the time, I trust him. I'd expect them to announce the tip of it, then they announce more details at D23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter