• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

You sound like a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll be a big help to the Disney newbies like me! :)

KSdisneydad--- are you a former Kansan now in CO? :)

Yes, I'm a Chiefs fan living in Broncos country. We used to live in Olathe. Moved out here about 6 years ago.

We're a bit jealous of your snow. We bought a new snow blower last October and we finally got to use it on our big "blizzard" today - about 3 or 4 inches of snow. :confused3 We could really use the moisture you're getting in KS.

My parents still live in KC and they've joined us for several of our DCL cruises, but they won't be on this one.

:mic:

....None of us have been on a Disney cruise, so we are really looking forward to it. Well, at least the adults are looking forward to it. We haven't told the grandkids yet - it's going to be a surprise. Probably not for long though because someone will let it slip - most likely it will be me. :mic:
Sharon

Sharon,

We decided to let the grandkiddo's know about the trip - we showed 2 of them the Disney Cruise DVD our TA set us last week and they loved it. My youngest GS Jake kept saying - 'hey - there's Woody!" lol.

We will be flying into Orlando I presume the day before the cruise - other than staying with Uncle Walt in the MK, where do folks usually stay the night before boarding? We didn't sign up for the transfers - should we have ? Thankfully there's time to make all the travel arrangements and I'm hoping to have enough Hilton points to get us all the needed hotel rooms pre-cruise - at least for one night....

We will be flying into Orlando I presume the day before the cruise - other than staying with Uncle Walt in the MK, where do folks usually stay the night before boarding? We didn't sign up for the transfers - should we have ? Thankfully there's time to make all the travel arrangements and I'm hoping to have enough Hilton points to get us all the needed hotel rooms pre-cruise - at least for one night....

We haven't made any pre-cruise arrangements either but will probably be flying into MCO. I think I read somewhere that the Disney transfers are $35 each way, so I am looking for an alternative since there's 7 of us - either car service or rental car. (I think I read somewhere that you can sign up for the transfers up until 3 days before.)

But I guess it isn't too early to be figuring out where to stay the night before since I definitely want to arrive a day early. Unfortunately, I won't have the Hilton points. And no relatives in the area with extra floor space. Drat. :rotfl2:

We haven't made any pre-cruise arrangements either but will probably be flying into MCO. I think I read somewhere that the Disney transfers are $35 each way, so I am looking for an alternative since there's 7 of us - either car service or rental car. (I think I read somewhere that you can sign up for the transfers up until 3 days before.)

But I guess it isn't too early to be figuring out where to stay the night before since I definitely want to arrive a day early. Unfortunately, I won't have the Hilton points. And no relatives in the area with extra floor space. Drat. :rotfl2:

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach last time. Not bad for a place to just crash the night before the cruise.

We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in Cocoa Beach last time. Not bad for a place to just crash the night before the cruise.

Thanks Jason! I'll have to check that out. Did they possibly have a shuttle from there to the dock?

on our last cruise, we had Disney transfers from the Beach Club to the port.... and we were the last ones picked up and didn't get on the ship till close to 3p.m. That was kind of a bummer!! There was six of us, and then two DIS friends...we decided that next time, it may be a better deal to do a van/driver to take us to the port. If you have a larger party size, it may be worth the little extra money to do something besides DCL transfers from a WDW resort. I like getting on the ship EARLIER! :)

I've had clients rent a car for a week and park it too. Lots of options to consider!

Thanks Jason! I'll have to check that out. Did they possibly have a shuttle from there to the dock?

Not sure as we drove down from Atlanta. We could see the ships from the parking deck though. A taxi shouldn't be much if they don't have a shuttle.

So excited to get to know you all! Kayla I'm happy to help with the FE exchange if you need any help.... We can probably figure out a meet when we're a wee bit closer to time.... for our last cruise we ordered silicone bracelets that had our group 'tag-line' on it...and it was fun running into people with the matching bracelets on the cruise and getting to know them! Something else we can look into later down the road!! :)

JnDRader is going to plan a meet n greet :-) but I like the idea of the bracelets!!

I can remeber when we used to start school after labor day - that was fantastic We actually had three whole months off during the summer! Now it is barely two months. We stopped starting after labor day because the kids needed more education before our state tests in April - what a joke - like it really matters that they start three weeks earlier -and I am an educator and still don't agree with it!! But now we do get off after the second week in May but right back to school the first day of August!!

Went to WDW 1972 and Disneyland 1954. Hoopty Do Review 21 times.

Now hooked on DCL Cruises. Will be the old guy with video camera. Yes Minnie321 you did not go back until after Labor Day.

Disney Magic Feb 9-13 2013

Well Hello fellow cruise mates. We will also be on this sailing.

there will be myself, DH Shannon, DD Jaden (13 at time of sailing) and DD Madi ( 9 at time of sailing).

This will be DH and I's 3rd cruise, 2nd on Fantasy and DD's 2nd cruise. We sailed on the Fantasy in June 2012. That was supposed to be a once in a lifetime cruise, because of the cost. Well, that turned into booking a dummy date onboard, knowing we would have to wait til 2014. We really enjoyed the Eastern itinerary.

I will PM my info for the FE. My girls really enjoyed handing out gifts and receiving. My only suggestion is if a large number of families want to participate, please split into groups. We had 3 groups which were still quite large. The ship is really BIG.

Can't wait to get to know everyone.

Jaime

LSU CLASS OF 68 will be at 18 and over pool to discuss all things LSU football. First Game Oct 31, 1959.

After all the time watching sail always on web cam from Fishlips will have go and eat their. It is a long ride for us this trip. Will probably do two nights on road going.

Had great time on Magic out of Galveston. But DCL is moving on from that location in 2014. Was a 5 hour drive from house. :)

Watching to see if we do FE this trip.

Looks as though it's still too early to book most motels. I tried to price a few and they only had pricing through February 2014.

My family of five will be on our first cruise ever. So excited for it to be the Disney Fantasy Cruise! Our 3 boys will be 12, almost 10, and 1. We are taking the cruise with our best friends which is so very exciting. This will be our 2nd Disney vacation together. Can't wait!!

My family of five will be on our first cruise ever. So excited for it to be the Disney Fantasy Cruise! Our 3 boys will be 12, almost 10, and 1. We are taking the cruise with our best friends which is so very exciting. This will be our 2nd Disney vacation together. Can't wait!!

Welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter