May 31, 2014 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Meet thread!

Last night I was able to book my excursions for this year's May Fantasy cruise. I have never booked that much stuff, but we are taking first timers on that cruise so there was lots to do. At least I got experience with booking it all so I'll be ready for next year! Although next year we'll be concierge and I honestly don't plan on booking much lol

We are on this cruise (first time on Disney) and have 2 cabins booked - midship deck 7. My husband, son and I are in one cabin and another son, dil and 2 grandkids in the other. Granddaughter will be 8 and grandson will be 5. We'll be flying in the night before, so I have a lot of research ahead - such as finding a motel, best transportation to/from dock (rental car?), etc. Hmmm, I wish we could work it out to have a day at Disney World the day before the cruise.

We are on this cruise (first time on Disney) and have 2 cabins booked - midship deck 7. My husband, son and I are in one cabin and another son, dil and 2 grandkids in the other. Granddaughter will be 8 and grandson will be 5. We'll be flying in the night before, so I have a lot of research ahead - such as finding a motel, best transportation to/from dock (rental car?), etc. Hmmm, I wish we could work it out to have a day at Disney World the day before the cruise.

Welcome! My son will be turning 9 on the cruise and plans on living in the Oceaneer's Lab ;).

Hello we are just off the Magic - literally about an hour ago! While onboard we booked this cruise - so excited. It will be me, my DD 12 -at cruise time and DS 16 - at cruise time! My parents will also be joining us!

Hello we are just off the Magic - literally about an hour ago! While onboard we booked this cruise - so excited. It will be me, my DD 12 -at cruise time and DS 16 - at cruise time! My parents will also be joining us!

Welcome! My daughter will also be 12 at time of cruise and I believe we have a bunch more at that age as well.

Hey Lee Ann

We will have to get our girls to get to know one another. Jaden didn't want to go into Edge because she didn't know anyone. Does your daughter do facebook or email?

I'm so excited. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jaime

Hello - we are also from Southern Louisiana - we live in Houma - we just booked this cruise yesterday while on the Magic - I also have a 11 year old daughter (12 almost 13 at cruise time) and a 15 year old son (16 almost 17 at cruise time). I would have considered her shy until we went on the cruise this past week - I really did not think she would be so outgoing and go into the Edge, but frankly I never saw her unless forced! She made friends with a group of girls and they would do things in Edge and they would look at the Navigator and go do different activities together - movies, trivia things, towel folding, etc. She had a great time - when we got home today she was typing away on her ipod and I said - I guess your friends missed you - she said I am talking to Alley (a girl she met on the cruise). I don't allow her to do facebook yet, but she does have an E-mail - she really doesn't know how to use it - we use it for E-mailing homework assignments to her i-pad. But I am sure she would figure it out real fast. She does do the instant message thing on her Ipod and facetime - only with people I giver her permission to facetime. We had a rather large FE group and we all talked for months and really thought the girls that were around the same age would hit it off, but she really did not hang out with any of them - made her own frinds, but maybe if she knew them ahead of time she would be more comfortable when we got on the ship. I cannot wait - I cannot believe I have stuff all over my living room to unpack and I am sitting here talking about another cruise!!:cool1:

So what deck is everyone on? Are you Fwd, Mid, or Aft? We're Aft on Deck 9 :-)

We are on deck 9 - midship. What I am wondering is how do I know what side of the ship faces Castaway Cay? We are in 9058 - are we on the side that faces Castaway Cay? Just wondering - not that it really matters to me - I plan on being on the island since it will be my first time there, but I guess when we get up in the morning it would be nice to look out the balcony and see it.

Hey guys!! We are in too!! I have a couple more 12 year olds for you!! So far we have Me, DH, DS16, DD12, DD3 and my DM. This will be our fifth Disney cruise!! We cruised on the Fantasy with Jamie (hey!!) in June. We have also cruised on the Magic and the Wonder. My DH and I are going on the Magic in Feb. We also have some friends that we met on the cruise in June that are booked on this cruise also and they have a DD that will be 12 too. The Edge is going to be overloaded with tweens!! I cannot believe how fast this thread has taken off. I kept on checking and couldn't find if anyone had started one and we are already on the second page!! We are excited, just cannot believe how crazy expensive this trip is!! Look forward to getting to know everyone!!

Lee Ann

Noticed you said you were going on the Magic in February - you didn't happen to get home today? If so we were on the same cruise!

Minnie321 said:
We are on deck 9 - midship. What I am wondering is how do I know what side of the ship faces Castaway Cay? We are in 9058 - are we on the side that faces Castaway Cay? Just wondering - not that it really matters to me - I plan on being on the island since it will be my first time there, but I guess when we get up in the morning it would be nice to look out the balcony and see it.

If you.look at the deck plans the ship backs into Castaway Cay. So if you are.on the left side youll see the ocean and if youre on the right you will see castway cay. This is if youre facing the aft of the ship

Minnie321 said:
Noticed you said you were going on the Magic in February - you didn't happen to get home today? If so we were on the same cruise!

We must have been on the sailing before yours. We did the 4 night leaving on Feb 4th. If I don't ever see Galveston again I'll be one happy woman!! We had a blast though. The Magic is still as beautiful as I remember. Our children are the same age! My DD is looking forward to the Edge. They wouldn't let her move up from the lab on our last cruise because there were so many kids!! We are already excited and looking forward to this cruise. Just hoping they don't mess up our school schedule and have to reschedule!! Mississippi is going to begin school after Labor Day beginning with the 2014/15 school year. Some people have hinted that our school district may begin this next school year.

Lee Ann

We must have been on the sailing before yours. We did the 4 night leaving on Feb 4th. If I don't ever see Galveston again I'll be one happy woman!! We had a blast though. The Magic is still as beautiful as I remember. Our children are the same age! My DD is looking forward to the Edge. They wouldn't let her move up from the lab on our last cruise because there were so many kids!! We are already excited and looking forward to this cruise. Just hoping they don't mess up our school schedule and have to reschedule!! Mississippi is going to begin school after Labor Day beginning with the 2014/15 school year. Some people have hinted that our school district may begin this next school year.

Lee Ann

I can remeber when we used to start school after labor day - that was fantastic We actually had three whole months off during the summer! Now it is barely two months. We stopped starting after labor day because the kids needed more education before our state tests in April - what a joke - like it really matters that they start three weeks earlier -and I am an educator and still don't agree with it!! But now we do get off after the second week in May but right back to school the first day of August!!

Hi - we have a group from Phoenix Az joining you all, me (Brendan), DW (Donna), DS and his 2 kids (granddaughter 7 by this cruise and grandson 5 by this cruise), DD and her 7 year old son, step son #1 and his GF (early 20's) and stepson #2 (mid 20's) - 10 in all !!

This will be our 1st Disney cruise - DW and I are going on a Princess cruise in May of this year to Italy and the Greek isles and we usually cruise Princess 0 looking forward to the comparison. This trip is something Donna and I have wanted to do for our kids and especially the grandkids, for some time now.

I am surprised with the number of posts here - I am usually pretty active on Cruise Critic and there's nothing over there for this sailing... Looks like this will be a fun group.

Welcome! My boys will be 8, 7 and 5 on the cruise and my 7 year old nephew will be there as well. They had so much fun last time and cannot wait to make new friends this time:-)

:mic:
Hi - we have a group from Phoenix Az joining you all, me (Brendan), DW (Donna), DS and his 2 kids (granddaughter 7 by this cruise and grandson 5 by this cruise), DD and her 7 year old son, step son #1 and his GF (early 20's) and stepson #2 (mid 20's) - 10 in all !!

This will be our 1st Disney cruise - DW and I are going on a Princess cruise in May of this year to Italy and the Greek isles and we usually cruise Princess 0 looking forward to the comparison. This trip is something Donna and I have wanted to do for our kids and especially the grandkids, for some time now.

I am surprised with the number of posts here - I am usually pretty active on Cruise Critic and there's nothing over there for this sailing... Looks like this will be a fun group.

Brendan,
Our group sounds similar to yours. There's dh & me, a son and dil with their two kids (granddaughter will be 8 and grandson 5) and a son in his late 20's. DH and I cruise fairly often (been on cruisecritic a lot as well), sons have cruised a few times but it will be the first cruise for the grandkids. None of us have been on a Disney cruise, so we are really looking forward to it. Well, at least the adults are looking forward to it. We haven't told the grandkids yet - it's going to be a surprise. Probably not for long though because someone will let it slip - most likely it will be me. :mic:
Sharon

Hey gang!!! Add us to the list!!! It will be DH(39), Me (38), DD (10 at cruise) and DD (6 at cruise) on this sailing with my inlaws next door. It's our fourth DCL-- Love them! We're in 9612 and are totally in for the FE!

We're from Kansas (uh, 14 inches of snow friday with possibly 14 inches more to come tomorrow, which is weird for Kansas), I'm a superfancy Lunchlady at my daughter's school and a travel agent. And, as you've gathered in the last 30 seconds, I'm chatty!

LOVE these Disboard cruise groups. Some of my best friends in the world right now are people we met on here for our 2011 sailing! Hoping to talk some of them into joining us...but ya never know! :)

We are sailing with you guys! Me (old), DW (way younger than me, yea me) DS 13, DS 10. This will be our 6th Cruise. 4 on the Magic and our last on the Dream 5 day double dip. Looking forward to sailing again and so glad that there are so many tweens on board as my sons will love hanging out with everyone. Will have to hunt for the facebook page or if somebody can post the link that would be great.

Were you on the 'first to dream it twice' group back in 2011? That was our Dream sailing then, wondering if we were on there together!

Greetings from freezing St. Louis. We will be joining you on what will be our second disney cruise. (our first cruise will be this June)

DH Mike, DD Sam (9 at cruise time) and me (Steph) can not wait! Only 16 months and 4 days!

My daugther will be 10 on this sailing. May need to get them hooked up as penpals!

We booked this cruise today!

We originally booked the June 14th Eastern, but it was just too expensive. Rebooking to this date saved us a few thousand!!

It will be me, my DW and our three boys. We will be celebrating our oldest son's high school graduation.

This will be our 8th Disney cruise and third Eastern on the Fantasy. We'll also be spending a week at WDW before hand. It should be a fun two weeks!

KSdisneydad--- are you a former Kansan now in CO? :)

So excited to get to know you all! Kayla I'm happy to help with the FE exchange if you need any help.... We can probably figure out a meet when we're a wee bit closer to time.... for our last cruise we ordered silicone bracelets that had our group 'tag-line' on it...and it was fun running into people with the matching bracelets on the cruise and getting to know them! Something else we can look into later down the road!! :)

Off to find the FB group. I live and breathe via my facebook. ;)

Figured I'd start a thread for our cruise! This will be my family's second cruise. We took a 4-night on the Dream this past summer. This will be our 15th anniversary trip for my wife and I and another couple that we're friends with. Exact same day and year for us! Have a 10yo daughter that would love to start trading emails with anyone of similar age and a 7yo son.

Look forward to meeting folks!

For the Facebook page send a friend request to Jason Rader and say it's for the cruise. I'm in Atlanta, GA if you need to filter out all of the other Jason Raders lol!

Still PM me if you have a tween wanting on the tween's email list.

Will your daughter be 10 on the cruise? ours will be.

And our 15 year is that summer too... August 7th. Fifteen years. Ayeyaiyai :) We're not old enough to have been married that long! :confused3:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter