May 23, 2009 (5/23/09) E. Caribbean w/Tortola

Bumping us from page 2.

No April's Fools jokes for us yesterday. I wanted to make one of the food pranks from FamilyFun but opted to take the girls to the park instead. We tried to fool DH by turning off the water at the kitchen sink but the girls giggled so much when he got home that he knew something was up.

Didn't win the lottery last night so another day at work...
Ang

LOL...the giggles always give it away!!:rotfl: I wanted to make some of the food pranks too...but with the picky eaters in my house...the hard work would be for nothing...they wouldn't actually eat them. It would have been fun though! LOL

LOL...the giggles always give it away!!:rotfl: I wanted to make some of the food pranks too...but with the picky eaters in my house...the hard work would be for nothing...they wouldn't actually eat them. It would have been fun though! LOL

Heather,

Put these in your "bag of tricks" for next year. I've done these in the past & they are super-easy.

French Fries
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50343

Grilled Cheese
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/feature/famf0303_feat_cheese/

Ang

Heather, here's a picture of our family. Should I make it bigger?

Ang

DSC01484.jpg

Well Kids we may have to cancel outta this cruise Nephew is graduating HS on 5/30 in ATL at 10:00 doubt if we can make it. We will see. It is a year away.

Well Kids we may have to cancel outta this cruise Nephew is graduating HS on 5/30 in ATL at 10:00 doubt if we can make it. We will see. It is a year away.

What does that have to do with taking a cruise!!!

LOL Peter

What does that have to do with taking a cruise!!!

LOL Peter

I agree, just some things in life we have to do. When we cancel we will have a few points in a holding account and will haev to deal with that plus the cost to cancel. :eek:

Hi all!

Scott No fun! Wish you guys could come! We told Alex that if some reason his grad date was changed we would see him when we get off the ship LOL (kidding of course)

We just booked a trip Sept 4-8 for Night of Joy at AKL. Never stayed there before, been there for dinner, so this should be fun. My parents are tagging along. It will be my Dads first time at WDW. They are pretty excited. I'm a little worried about him being comfortable in some of the rides. He is 6'8 and I'm worried his legs will be uncomfortable. Anyone know any tall people that have tips for WDW?

Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday! We are on the way to orlando! We will be spending a couple of days with Mickey checking out the F&G Festival. Then April 17th we will be HOME for a few days! YAY!

I'll have to check out those links for April Fools day next year!!

Ang...great picture!! I'll be sure to update the cruise list this week!!:thumbsup2

Scott...sorry to hear you can't make this cruise!!

PrettyInTink...that is great you will be in Disney soon!!! I LOVE the F&G at Epcot!! I'm not sure what to tell you about your father and his height. We are a pretty short family..LOL Oh, and enjoy finally being back at home.

We had some bad weather on friday!! The schools let out early and we were in line waiting to get DS when the tornado sirens went off (i've never heard them before:scared1: ) All the kids were being let out of school...some actually left...and then they all had to go back inside...and us parents were just sitting out there in the open:scared1: I had NO idea what to do. I called my sis and she said our city was cleared..good!! Then a few mins later the alarms went off again!! The principal came outside to tell us they were NOT going to let the kids go now. And teachers came out waving to all the parents to get inside now! So we did...really fast!! :eek: After a bit we got the all clear and were able to meet up with ds and get home. Only to have to go in the basement for 45 minutes! We finally got to eat lunch around 3pm and the the alarms went off again mentioning our city...so back to the basement for a half hour!! We REALLY have to get a bathroom put in our basement ASAP! LOL Don't you know when you get a little scared you HAVE to go potty!!!:lmao:

My parents got back in town last last night and are tired but happy to be back. They had a great time and it was awesome that my dad got to visit with his family. He honestly thought he'd never make that trip again...and he was able to!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!

When will we find out how long we will have at this port?

Is there more than one area of this Island where ships dock? I was reading some info about the Baths on Tortola/ Virgin Gorda and wondered if this is where we would be. I also saw that they do dolphin swims and experiences on Tortola!!

We are not totally out yet, I will see if it is OK if we make the luncheon or dinner and miss the actual Graduation on the morning of 5/30. Personally I don't need to see a 400 or so other kids make the march, then again I was one of those folks that didn't go to his collage graduation, I went and climbed Mt McKinley, told them I had higher ambitions. LOL , that is the truth.

I can always bring my nephew a T-Shirt from Bombas. LOL

We are not totally out yet, I will see if it is OK if we make the luncheon or dinner and miss the actual Graduation on the morning of 5/30. Personally I don't need to see a 400 or so other kids make the march, then again I was one of those folks that didn't go to his collage graduation, I went and climbed Mt McKinley, told them I had higher ambitions. LOL , that is the truth.

I can always bring my nephew a T-Shirt from Bombas. LOL

Ahhhhh the bomba shack!!!!!

PIT
Scott, will be at the world the weekend you have your trip booked.:lmao:
As will we,and a ton of other folks.

hope to see ya then!!!!

Peter

When will we find out how long we will have at this port?

Is there more than one area of this Island where ships dock? I was reading some info about the Baths on Tortola/ Virgin Gorda and wondered if this is where we would be. I also saw that they do dolphin swims and experiences on Tortola!!

No, just that spot.

You can take the ferry over to Virgin Gorda,

It is like doing St.Thomas / St. John.
;)

We love the Bathes :hug:

Will probably go there, and you cant miss Pussers.
Try a painkiller.....:wizard:
http://www.pussers.com/outposts/webcams

PIT, We will be at AKL also in Sept and I think Bob also. Don't know about others.

Heather I just love F&G. We weren't sure we would be able to make it this year but sure enough, we got a load from LA (LAX) to Orlando (MCO). I'm excited! We will be there Moday night and will stay until Thursday.

Scott and Peter- minimeet? Kevin is going to be so excited that you guys are going to be there! We were holding out for a cancellation on the 5 day cruise but when that didn't happen we decided to go for Night of Joy. Should be fun, we check in on the 4th, out on the 8th. the nights of the 5th and 6th are NoJ, but other than that we are free to meet!
Scott you can totally just make the dinner and come cruise with us. Graduations are BORING. I was the LAST PERSON to be called for mine (last name starts with W) and we only had 127 people graduate (largest class ever at my high school) and I thought I would fall asleep before they called my name! Ambers had something like over 500 people, Alexs will be the same. It is SO BORING, I will be posting on here like this from my PDA:

'Live from Alexs graduation! Grab the diploma and run kid, we got a cruise to go on! 293, 294, 295'

Its insanity. They should split it up into 2 nights. My cousins graduation in Georgia was SO LONG. Then they thought it would be cool to hame Freebird as their 'song' so they all stood on their chairs at the end for the entire 13 1/2 minutes of the song. As if just watching 600 people walk across a field wasn't mind numbing enough. I guess I come from such a smalllcountry podunk place I'm not use to all this large grad stuff. My brother had 44 people in his grad class. He went to a private school though.

ANywho, sorry for the long post, can you tell I'm BORED?

Come on mickey!

PIT, there's availability on the 5 night cruise!

Will not be off the Magic, until the 6th...
Then on to the world....
And believe me for the price we paid for the Roy suite, they will have to drag me off! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

will not be off the Magic, until the 6th...
Then on to the world....
And believe me for the price we paid for the Roy suite the will have to drag me off! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pluss they, DCL will have to count the sheets, fixtures, etc before you are cleared. No Mr Customs Man I really did pack this piano with me before the trip. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I am at work and have three computers rolling along, with Radio Margaritaville cranked up, only one here.

I agree the Graduation will be boring, but that is me. Maybe I will threaten to wear a grass skirt and coconut Bra, set up a generator in the parking lot and crank up some Buffett and Mixer.

Freebird, LOL, Lynard Skyner folks lived in Jackson, WY. LOL really,... Turn it up...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter