May 23, 2009 (5/23/09) E. Caribbean w/Tortola

Laura, Thanks for teh weather report, last I looked they were saying rain on Sunday, Oh well I sweat enough to make it look like it rained.

My sister and BIL are in Newnan.

Yes flying Delta, no probs yet. At least it is a direct flight. The Crown Room makes those delays more tollerable.

If ya haen't been and I see you are, AKV's ROCK!!!!!Club Level is fun, but we haev decided with a 1 bdr don't really need it. That is for us, but worth the experience for sure.

I'm jealous - your sister is about an hour closer to WDW than we are!!! :rotfl:

Not doing a villa this trip; we have one of those 4th floor savanna view rooms booked! We love AKL/AKV :love: and have stayed there many times. :cloud9:

Have a safe trip and good luck in the 1/2! pixiedust:

Thanks everyone!! We are still flying high with the good news!!

I have heard about all the delays and cancellations with Delta/American lines. Here in Birmingham they said there were a few flights cancelled to the Atlanta area...and one lady had to rent a car and drive the 8 hrs to get there.

Good luck in the marathon this weekend Scott!!

Thanks everyone!! We are still flying high with the good news!!

I have heard about all the delays and cancellations with Delta/American lines. Here in Birmingham they said there were a few flights cancelled to the Atlanta area...and one lady had to rent a car and drive the 8 hrs to get there.

Good luck in the marathon this weekend Scott!!

Delta says things will be "back to normal" by tomorrow. :confused3 Last night there were hundreds, if not thousands, of people stranded at Atlanta-Hartsfield-Jackson Airport because of all the cancellations; and I think what upset the stranded travelers more than anything was the lack of communication. :headache: Delta's management needs to do a better job of trouble-shooting these emergency situations.

ANd they , Delta, are closing some of their Crown Rooms, 9 to be exact and one is the Denver location. BUmmer for us.

All went well and we are in ATL. Weather is great.

Heather that's great news! I will keep your family in my prayers.

Welcome to the south, Scott and Lynn! Enjoy Hotlanta and good luck on the run!

Not much going on today. We are driving into Sacramento to deliver this load, then off to LA to pick up a load that goes all the way to Hanover, Maryland.
As soon as we get to Sacramento we are takiing the pup for a long walk.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Hi all!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday. The weather will be beautiful here today but not so great this weekend. Why, oh why does it have to rain on the weekends?

Ang

Happy Saturday!

Thanks again!! Parents made it to FL in good time driving yesterday and are having fun visiting all the family there.

It is supposed to rain off and on here today also. Actually they said rain last night into today...but its just been cloudy so far.

Happy Saturday!

Thanks again!! Parents made it to FL in good time driving yesterday and are having fun visiting all the family there.

It is supposed to rain off and on here today also. Actually they said rain last night into today...but its just been cloudy so far.

Heather

HaPPY SATURDAY EVENING TOYA ;)

Not much going on here!
just watched about 3 hours of the travel channel on cruisng!
AHHHHHH :goodvibes

Jenn is making cupcakes with buttercream frosting :woohoo:

Turning into a real Paula Dean!
:lmao:

We watched a couple of those with Samantha Brown the other day, and also the making of the Queen 2!!

Yummy...cupcakes (with buttercream frosting)!

I'm on a baking/cooking strike this week!! Since it is only the 3 of us this week, I'm having left overs alot...and very easy cooking!! (even going to order out once or twice maybe...lol:rotfl:

I just got the Cricut in and have been trying to figure it all out. (for those of you who haven't seen the infomercial...it is a machine for scrapbooking/ arts and crafts..it cuts out lots of things for you!!) :woohoo:

ING ATL ½ Report: Or How We Spent our Sunday Morning,

Up at 00315, temp in the mid 40’s and it stayed that way for the whole day. We woke to the rhythm of a pouring rain, as it was a rainy night here in Georgia, donned the race kit, packed a cooler with water, drinks, and food, and drove into ATL. Found a parking place ½ block from the end of the race, it was a kewl lot with porta potties, score!!!! We were mega early, sat in the car till 0600. The rain was a light drizzle at that time, as we made our way into the porta potties. Got done there and headed to our corals, this was a little tough as there were changes due to the recent storms and the necessary changes as a result.

The day we went to the EXPO we noticed several of the buildings with broken windows and repairs ongoing, A race volunteer told us that Centennial Park will need to be re-sodded because of the broken glass.

I still and will always get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye when our national anthem is played. I thank the good lod for all the brave men women past and present who made the great sacrafice so we can enjoy such events.

I was in Corral 6 and Lynn on Corral 7, the rope was dropped and there Lynn was next to me till the start.

The course was nice in that it took us through many historic areas of ATL, with neat old houses, and tree lined streets, the spectators were great. I missed not having the race clocks at various mile markers, I only recall seeing a race clock at the start/finish. THE VOLUNTEERS WERE GREAT. Water stops were plentiful and well manned. We did not notice any shortages of water or Gator Aide (I think that is what was offered). The course was pretty hilly, I heard several folks saying”another hill”.

The weather stayed overcast and there was no rain, the wind was cool and strong at times. Just like Wyoming. Saw some pretty cold people at the end, hypothermic for sure in the med tent.

The finish was well organized, lots of water, lots of food, Apples, Bananas, yogurt, cookies, pretzels, muffins, and bagels. Publix provided as a sponsor.

Lynn and I both garnered PB’s, 2:39 for me and 3:10 for Lynn. It was a fun Race for us THANKS ATLANTA.

Hey Scott! Glad you and Lynn had fun in Atlanta! Congrats to you both on the PB's - that's great! Sorry it wasn't a nicer day -- a few degrees warmer would have been nice. :confused3

CONGRATULATIONS,
SCOTT & LYNN!
That's awesome about each of you having a personal best....fabulous times! :woohoo: :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

Scott, congrats on the race! Thanks for the report.

The weather around ATL was hit or miss this weekend. It was pouring on Saturday mid-day. I thought that the girls soccer game would be cancelled, but the field was dry. I don't think it rained in our area at all yesterday.

Ang

Happy TuesdaY Heather....

Happy Tuesday!!! I've slept most of the day away!! Bad headache/sinus stuff today. But I"m well rested now! woo hoo!!:cool1:

Any April fools day pranks happen to anyone today? I made DH promise NO APRIL FOOLS day jokes on me today. So he did some yesteday....switching shoes around in the house, moving books around..just enough to make me think I was loosing my mind! LOL :rolleyes1

Bumping us from page 2.

No April's Fools jokes for us yesterday. I wanted to make one of the food pranks from FamilyFun but opted to take the girls to the park instead. We tried to fool DH by turning off the water at the kitchen sink but the girls giggled so much when he got home that he knew something was up.

Didn't win the lottery last night so another day at work...
Ang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter