May 2021 - Ride Construction

dl0015

Mouseketeer
We are planning on going during May 2021 and I am curious as to what new rides will be running. Tron? Any others?

Thank You

We are planning on going during May 2021 and I am curious as to what new rides will be running. Tron? Any others?

Thank You
Hopefully Remy Ratatouille in France inside Epcot is going by then. I think if we weren’t in corona times it would open before year end but Rumor is Disney will table it till 2021. Also at Epcot will be gaurdians of the galaxy. And a new restaurant at Epcot, Space 220.

I saw yesterday that Tron will NOT be ready for even the 50th Anniversary. It makes one wonder what the rationale is at Disney anymore. Once the parks reopened there should have been no reason why Ratatouille shouldn't be open by now, or at least by Thanksgiving. For Tron, there is no excuse not to be open by next summer, and if Disney really wanted them done in time they could do it. They are purposely putting off completing these attractions IMHO, but I don't know why. And cost cutting is a piss-poor excuse as the majority of the capital outlays have already occurred. If they don't want to spend money why all the proposals for new stuff over the past couple of years? Sadly COVID has become an excuse to not get things done rather then innovative and determined people finding a way to make it happen despite the obstacles put in their path. And that decision comes from the top.

I saw yesterday that Tron will NOT be ready for even the 50th Anniversary. It makes one wonder what the rationale is at Disney anymore. Once the parks reopened there should have been no reason why Ratatouille shouldn't be open by now, or at least by Thanksgiving. For Tron, there is no excuse not to be open by next summer, and if Disney really wanted them done in time they could do it. They are purposely putting off completing these attractions IMHO, but I don't know why. And cost cutting is a piss-poor excuse as the majority of the capital outlays have already occurred. If they don't want to spend money why all the proposals for new stuff over the past couple of years? Sadly COVID has become an excuse to not get things done rather then innovative and determined people finding a way to make it happen despite the obstacles put in their path. And that decision comes from the top.
Optics and investment return. Disney does not want to open a ride when they're supposed to be controlling crowds, bad press. Also, they need to keep some things in their back pocket to try to lure guests next year when crowd limiting goes by the wayside.

I agree with The Southern Belle. And honestly, it takes Disney a lot longer to build stuff than it does in the normal world. :lmao:
Since MMRR opened in March, the waits for that have been high. It is possible they don't have the ability to social distance a line for Remy.

New rides? I would love to just see existing rides operating again.

I was at MK Sunday. Already closed was the train, Tom Sawyer island, the riverboat & People Mover. Haunted Mansion went down mid-morning but did get running again. Space Mountain also went down mid-morning & when I left at 1:40ish I don't think it had re-opened yet. Bummer, but I am a somewhat local AP so I'll be back. Unfortunate for those on their vacation.

I also saw Tron was going to be delayed (although it appeared to have more constructed since I saw it in July). Don't know how the new rides at Epcot are coming along (was there in August). I can't see Disney rushing to roll out any new rides right now. Can't really advertise/market new stuff when you have a limited capacity.

Hopefully Remy Ratatouille in France inside Epcot is going by then. I think if we weren’t in corona times it would open before year end but Rumor is Disney will table it till 2021. Also at Epcot will be gaurdians of the galaxy. And a new restaurant at Epcot, Space 220.
I really don't expect to see these open until Disney can have larger crowds in the parks. If crowds are limited, there is no benefit to opening them as DIsney can't get the attendance boost that new attractions bring.
Read that Space 220 will open Spring 2021 now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter