May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Not actual dates, but the ride hours on the WDW site now show available until July for BTMR. I realize this is still rumor until any confirmation is out, but I'm hopeful as our May dates have shown no hours available for the past couple months.

I hope this is true!! We are taking a family with us that has never been and I would love for this ride to be up, especially since Soarin' will be down.

Menus have been released for F&G kiosks!!! Sounds like a mini food & wine! I have an ADR at Teppan Edo and considered cancelling and just eating all the special food! But then nah, I'll just eat it all!!!

Not actual dates, but the ride hours on the WDW site now show available until July for BTMR. I realize this is still rumor until any confirmation is out, but I'm hopeful as our May dates have shown no hours available for the past couple months.

If this pans out to be true, I will be SO HAPPY!!!!!!! I'm so going to miss Soarin, so this would help make up for it just a little bit!!

I'm also anxiously awaiting an actual date for the frozen ride. Maybe worst case scenario, we'd be there for a soft opening?? Come on Disney, announce some dates!!

If this pans out to be true, I will be SO HAPPY!!!!!!! I'm so going to miss Soarin, so this would help make up for it just a little bit!!

I'm also anxiously awaiting an actual date for the frozen ride. Maybe worst case scenario, we'd be there for a soft opening?? Come on Disney, announce some dates!!

It's true!! Disney has confirmed the refub has been pushed to August!

As a cheater in this thread (I actually get there 4/28) I've made my FPP arrangements and I'm pretty stoked. After doing a trip almost 2 years ago where we tried to see "all the things" and had all 4 of the grandparents, this trip makes me feel like I must be missing something. I've got days with no fastpasses booked because nothing warrants it using a touring plan.

I'm so thrilled that the BTMRR refurb got pushed back. Now I'm hoping that some of the other dreams fall into place, Rivers of Light?!?!? Frozen Ever After soft opening? Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris?!?!? Also hope to maybe hop into Skipper Canteen, though we've got plenty of table service dining planned for this trip already. I'm sure most of those soft opening hopes will fall short but I kinda think the smart money is on Earth Day for RoL premiere so that could happen.

As a cheater in this thread (I actually get there 4/28) I've made my FPP arrangements and I'm pretty stoked. After doing a trip almost 2 years ago where we tried to see "all the things" and had all 4 of the grandparents, this trip makes me feel like I must be missing something. I've got days with no fastpasses booked because nothing warrants it using a touring plan.

I would still book the most popular rides in each park. You never know it might come in handy.

Hey everyone! Counting down the days over here... but I have a quick question I was hoping you guys might have the answer to! This is our first trip with magic bands!!! Do our photos link to our magic bands like they used to the photo pass and we have the option to buy them or is that only when you buy memory maker?? Its just my husband and I this trip, we are not big picture takers but might want to buy just a few if any.....not really wanting to spend the money on memory maker for just a few pictures! Thanks for your help!!

I have not seen a thread yet for May 2016.
We were booked for this Aug but have to bump to May of 2016.
I plan to keep an eye on trip reports from this May to get an idea of crowd levels. And to see when the May discounts come out.
Who's with me?
Planned a last minute birthday trip for my daughter the end of May! First time goin . Super excited but also nervous since its last minute and haven't been able to get any reservations at character dinings

I have not seen a thread yet for May 2016.
We were booked for this Aug but have to bump to May of 2016.
I plan to keep an eye on trip reports from this May to get an idea of crowd levels. And to see when the May discounts come out.
Who's with me?
Also was wondering what rides I should def use our fast passes for?

Also was wondering what rides I should def use our fast passes for?

How old is your daughter? We typically do FP for the bigger rides; like Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc. But that's only if your daughter is tall enough to ride those.

Planned a last minute birthday trip for my daughter the end of May! First time goin . Super excited but also nervous since its last minute and haven't been able to get any reservations at character dinings
What a nice surprise!! I am no expert on fp but if you go the theme parks thread there is an excellent source of info on this topic.

How is everyone's planning going?? I was nervous about fastpasses since we are offsite, but we got all that I wanted except 7dmt, however I checked this morning and a spot came up but I didn't take it, bc we are doing to DVC tour & will get 3 there anyway. And I didn't want to change my touring plan again. Idk. I might yet, if I see it open up again!

I did end up cancelling Teppan Edo, so we can just eat at the food carts for dinner. TE will be there next time, and doing both would be wasteful, we are t big appetites, so we wouldn't have room to try the carts AND have a big dinner. Just didn't make sense. I also added 1900 for our arrival night dinner, which we haven't done before, so I'm excited for that.

We ended up getting base tickets rather than waterpark plus passes. Bc TAW didn't have a 5 day option, and I didn't want to pay extra for 6 ($200 more for all 5 of us) when I knew we couldn't squeeze in another day. So I bought base tix from UT instead. Got an email with the numbers, linked to MDE then linked in the couple new magic bands we got, put some skins on the ones we are reusing... Now, I need to start packing! I started stockpiling the sunscreen but that's about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter