May 2016.. Let the planning begin!

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I have not seen a thread yet for May 2016.
We were booked for this Aug but have to bump to May of 2016.
I plan to keep an eye on trip reports from this May to get an idea of crowd levels. And to see when the May discounts come out.
Who's with me?

Going May 2016 also! Have been curious about Memorial Day weekend. Was wondering if anyone had experience with crowds during this time and if just skipping the parks during the weekend and going a few days before and after is a better plan?

Going May 2016 also! Have been curious about Memorial Day weekend. Was wondering if anyone had experience with crowds during this time and if just skipping the parks during the weekend and going a few days before and after is a better plan?
I was looking at crowd calendars for this year. Trying to map out dats for next year

We are going may 2016 as well. It will be a celebration for my daughter & her boyfriend's college graduation. It will also be my granddaughter 's first trip to WDW. She will be 2 or 3 depending in which week we choose

We are going in May 2016! We will be celebrating my daughter's fifth birthday. She said to me this morning "mommy I think you're more excited to go to Disney then me. " I am a born planner so I will be following along and digging into all the research. We are leaning towards getting a villa so I can have a kitchen.

We went during this time in 2011 when free dining was offered, and found the crowds not too bad. We stayed for 9 nights and on the hotter days we'd swim during the day and then head to the parks that had evening magic hours about 2 - 3 pm. Had a blast!

I'm graduating from college in December 2015 and planning on going in May with my boyfriend. It'll be my first trip since I last went in 1999... I think I'm more excited now than I was then!

We're planning on staying one week in the middle of May, including the first SWW. With the new movie coming out in mid December, the crowds will probably be brutal, but we're looking forward to it all the same!
sSW_sith.gif

We normally go in September, but we're going to try May this 2016. Very excited for the Flower and Garden Festival. Has anyone been to the Festival in May?

I am looking to plan for May 2016 as well. I was looking at Spring Break in April but I think in May as soon as school is over heading to DW would be awesome.

We normally go in September, but we're going to try May this 2016. Very excited for the Flower and Garden Festival. Has anyone been to the Festival in May?
We were there in 2011, and it was wonderful. That was before they did the food booths though, I'm worried about Food & Wine level crowds now.

We did memorial day weekend and the week of memorial day in 2014. It was wonderful. We were prepared for the parks to be full and we didnt really think it was bad. We are planning for 12 days over memorial day weekend/week for 2016! We can't wait!

May 2016 here too. I've spent the day making a spread sheet of rack rates and making a budget. We're going to make this a two week vacation--something never done before! I'm excited. We'll be going end of May when the kids get out of school.

We went the same time a few years ago. I don't remember Memorial Day crowds being horrible. It seems Disney is always crowded. The thing I remember the most is the rain--it was constant. But we're on a school calendar so end of May it is. I'm jealous of those of you who can go late April/early May. It's a great time to visit for low crowds and great weather.

Does anyone know when rack rates for 2016 are released? And when do spring discounts come out? I'd like to stay deluxe, but we may have to spend half our time in a mod.

I'll be going late April/early May! I think the rates for packages are released in the summer. I am flexible with dates, which almost makes it harder. During daughter's April break? Take her out of school? I don't know what flights are going to be like, but I need to have the package booked at least 6 months ahead for reservations... any suggestions on how you guys might plan this?

Also planning a May 2016 trip for 10 days/9 nights (!!!!!) :earboy2: . Originally was thinking 5/6-5/15, but have recently been considering 5/13-5/22, but now thinking 4/29-5/8 (any feedback?). I guess flexibility is good in this case. It'll be my first time at DW since '91. Can hardly contain my excitement and haven't even booked the hotel yet (although my plan is to reserve the hotel soon using a travel agent). Does anyone know if you use a TA that you can still plan things yourself like dining reservations and buying PH passes or does the TA do all that?

History has shown that Disney will release a discount for spring '16 in late Nov to early Jan (if they do). I just hope they do and I qualify for it. I will definitely be telling the travel agent to be on the lookout, although it seems that most TA advertise they search for discounts for you. We're planning to stay at the Polynesian Village Resort, but would really enjoy the 30% discount, otherwise might switch to a moderate hotel. Crowds do seem lower in May via touringplans.com, but already thinking of the potential rain (not that I would let it ruin my trip).

There's so much information out there that planning a trip is a little overwhelming. I really want to make the most of this trip and I know reservations (whether for dining or FP+ for attractions) is key. Any info for a DW newbie would be great! :simba:

My daughter and I will be going and possibly one of my friends. Leaving May 21, 2016!!! :cool1::Pinkbounc:jumping3: she loves Disney as much if not more than I do.
It will be her only break before starting her 4th year of med school, she is already counting the days and looking forward to a nice vacation. I can't wait either :goodvibes probably will stay 6 nights at the Yacht Club and would love a discount, we already have a room only reservation. Waiting for the packages to come out, is that usually July?

What were the crowds and temps like?

Temps were prefect IMO, 80-85 as highs not to humid and cooler at night, we even needed to buy a blanket for DD one night in EPCOT.

Crowds for us weren't bad, I went to MK on a not recommended day but still didn't find it bad, and we had an infant so did Fantasy land. Longest wait for us was the safari in AK at 20 minutes, we got there about 20 minutes after rope drop. I don't think any other ride I waited more then 10 minutes (we FP headliners or skipped them).

We FPed the following PP, pooh, Sorain, Mine train, Buzz, A&E, Dumbo, we didn't even use 2 FP in EPCOT because the standby lines were so short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!