MAY 2015 Car Rentals

I am coming up with $335 for a full size through Alamo -
picking up on May 31st and returning on June 9th using the VROOM VROOM VROOM code 299851 and $30.00 off AD2338FDF.

Does anyone think I will be able to get anything cheaper than this?

Alamo's rates dipped tonight, I just used the costco code 7014627 and the visa $30 off coupon and got a full size for $175 May 31-June 7.....
The vroom vroom scares me a little, and I do have costco and visa.
Punching in your dates I came up with $231.14 for a full size

Alamo's rates dipped tonight, I just used the costco code 7014627 and the visa $30 off coupon and got a full size for $175 May 31-June 7.....
The vroom vroom scares me a little, and I do have costco and visa.
Punching in your dates I came up with $231.14 for a full size

What's the fear with the vroom vroom rate? Does this not work for people?

I'm new to renting a car and want to get the best rate, but don't want to go to pick up the car and get screwed day of...

Has anyone actually used the vroom vroom code successfully?

Been looking for a one day rental on May 14-15 Mco-Cape Canaveral, and tried using these codes, but they keep saying coupon ID not found? Am I doing something wrong?:confused3

Been looking for a one day rental on May 14-15 Mco-Cape Canaveral, and tried using these codes, but they keep saying coupon ID not found? Am I doing something wrong?:confused3

7014627 it the costco code, and the visa code I grabbed from a post around here was AD2338FDF
The codes are still working right now, and the rates are still what they were last night. $200 cheaper than the night before!
Good Luck

What's the fear with the vroom vroom rate? Does this not work for people?

I'm new to renting a car and want to get the best rate, but don't want to go to pick up the car and get screwed day of...

Has anyone actually used the vroom vroom code successfully?

What little I have been able to find, and I may be wrong, is that it's an international code..
I don't have a passport, or a roundtrip ticket from abroad to produce...

I haven't heard enough about it to feel secure enough to try it. The savings is minimal compared to the rate I got with codes that I am sure I am entitled to.
I'd rather be safe than screw myself

What little I have been able to find, and I may be wrong, is that it's an international code..

I haven't heard enough about it to feel secure enough to try it. The savings is minimal compared to the rate I got with codes that I am sure I am entitled to.

From what I have been reading you should be fine with the code. If you are concerned just try to skip the counter and go to the kiosk. There is a thread over on TripAdvisor about it and people have recently had success.

Also just managed to use the VROOM code and the $30 off to get a lower price for 7 day Mini Van at $265!

So I am having some trouble entering the Alamo codes provided... I continue to get the "coupon ID not found" message as well... in what spaces do I put what codes? Thank you!

Dollar rates are much lower than they were a few days ago. Saved about $130 on a midsize rental on a 5 day rental.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106509&page=4

Here is a thread regarding the Vroom Vroom code from a couple years ago. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling for using the code. There some good debate in the thread. One person indicated that it's for drivers with international licenses.

As it stands I have a reservation now using the VVV code and it's way lower than anything else I could find...but I probably won't keep it unless I can get a definite reassurance it won't get rejected.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106509&page=4

Here is a thread regarding the Vroom Vroom code from a couple years ago. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling for using the code. There some good debate in the thread. One person indicated that it's for drivers with international licenses.

As it stands I have a reservation now using the VVV code and it's way lower than anything else I could find...but I probably won't keep it unless I can get a definite reassurance it won't get rejected.

I found another code that gives the same price as VVV but without the question. I'll post it when I get home.

So I am having some trouble entering the Alamo codes provided... I continue to get the "coupon ID not found" message as well... in what spaces do I put what codes? Thank you!

$30 off goes in Coupon Code and Vroom Vroom code goes in Contract ID.

Best I've seen is $286 from Alamo using the Costco contract ID 7014627 and the VISA $30 off coupon AD2338FDF. This is for a 10-day midsize rental from May 8 - 17.

No movement on rates for me. Still holding the 8 day full size rental with Alamo for $165 taxes in. Wishing Alamo would start edging down!

Booked using vroom, full size $203 (added frequent traveler for SWA, added +$8)

I've used this code in the past without issue as to picking up vehicle but don't recall whether it had the same inclusions at that time...

CDW (not an issue for me) & EP

fyi, the vroom vroom code is old travel agency affiliate code from an AU company. it is not the same code as if you would book on the website bearing the vroom vroom name.

only thing that is causing me some concern is fact that my rental states it includes EP. I won't book using a code that throws in free LDW. not familiar with what EP covers:confused3

EXTENDED PROTECTION (EP)
Corporate owned locations -
Unless included in the tour package purchased by the customer, Alamo offers the purchase of optional EP at a price of $12.95, which provides the renter and authorized drivers up to an aggregate, single limit of $1,000,000 for claims that may be made by others against the renter and authorized drivers for bodily injury, death and/or property damage arising out of the use or operation of our rental vehicle. EP also includes Uninsured Motorist (UM) benefits up to an aggregate, single limit of $100,000. UM provides benefits to the renter and any family member related by blood, marriage, or adoption, who, while physically occupying Alamo’s rental vehicle when it is being driven by the renter or an authorized driver, suffers bodily injury or death caused by negligent uninsured motorist, negligent underinsured motorists, or a negligent hit-and-run driver.

I don't even see LDW info listed on Alamo's site, but since they revamped it over not a surprise. :rolleyes:

imo there may be a level of risk using this code, but I'm using as a placeholder to have 'something' booked & will modify when next best thing comes along.

any insurance agents out there who could clarify?

Today using the Visa and VROOM VROOM codes at Alamo, I am at $308 for a minivan for eight days (23-31 May). The Visa and Costco codes have me at $424. I'll probably end up going with the Costco code - VROOM VROOM is too iffy.

Well, I am back to the drawing board. Jetblue changed one of our flight times by a smidge (leaving one hour later than originally scheduled) and that modification to our current car rental reservation takes it from $165 to almost $250 (and that's for an hour LESS than originally booked).

So, the search resumes. :surfweb:

Best I've seen is $286 from Alamo using the Costco contract ID 7014627 and the VISA $30 off coupon AD2338FDF. This is for a 10-day midsize rental from May 8 - 17.

Hi.. I just looked at your rental dates and an intermediate car on the costco website, is at $253.99.

It seems that if you book directly thru the costco travel site, you get a better deal. I just made my reservation for 12 days for a compact car $338 with Budget. Thru the costco website it is $25 off and save 30%
I just needed to enter my costco member # and last name to see the prices...
And of course show your costco card at pick up.

Just thought I'd let you all know!

Hi.. I just looked at your rental dates and an intermediate car on the costco website, is at $253.99.

It seems that if you book directly thru the costco travel site, you get a better deal. I just made my reservation for 12 days for a compact car $338 with Budget. Thru the costco website it is $25 off and save 30%
I just needed to enter my costco member # and last name to see the prices...
And of course show your costco card at pick up.

Just thought I'd let you all know!

Just goes to show you have to turn over every rock...I went to the Costco website, but the cheapest minivan I can find for my dates is with Enterprise $467 - about $50 more than the price I got off the Alamo site using the Costco code. The Alamo price is $504 on the Costco website.

Well, I am back to the drawing board. Jetblue changed one of our flight times by a smidge (leaving one hour later than originally scheduled) and that modification to our current car rental reservation takes it from $165 to almost $250 (and that's for an hour LESS than originally booked).

So, the search resumes. :surfweb:
Did you add your flight information to the original reservation when you booked?

If so, send them an email or call and explain that your flight arrival has changed. I've had it happen several times in the past and Alamo & Budget were agreeable to keeping the rate.

Was told you have a two hour window to pick up the vehicle. YMMV, I'd call and ask to be sure. Alamo has held a car for us in the past at smaller airports when we had a connection delay even longer but I did call and let them know.

Did you add your flight information to the original reservation when you booked?

If so, send them an email or call and explain that your flight arrival has changed. I've had it happen several times in the past and Alamo & Budget were agreeable to keeping the rate.

Was told you have a two hour window to pick up the vehicle. YMMV, I'd call and ask to be sure. Alamo has held a car for us in the past at smaller airports when we had a connection delay even longer but I did call and let them know.

Thanks for the suggestion, Keisha! Off to email Dollar right now. I haven't been able to find anything even close to my $165 reservation for a full size. I would LOVE it if they would continue to honour the rate!

Will keep you posted :) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter