May 2014 Discout Watch

Just spent Memorial Day week in WDW and loved it so we are looking to return the same week next year, May 23-May 31. We added the dining plan to our package but plan to skip it next year. Too much wasted food and paid adult prices for a 10 year old that doesn't have an adult appetite. Would like to get a discount on the room and tickets again though! We stayed at Riverside this time and we will look to stay there again or maybe CBR.

I know that it's waaaaay too early to see any May, 2014 discounts but I hope that we see some eventually. Right now, I'm stalking the Dis and the Disney site for the 2014 package bookings to be released.

I know that it's waaaaay too early to see any May, 2014 discounts but I hope that we see some eventually. Right now, I'm stalking the Dis and the Disney site for the 2014 package bookings to be released.

Yep, I am going to book as soon as 2014 packages are released and then sit back and wait for the possible discounts.

We're also on the lookout for May discounts! We plan to do 5 days in the parks after our 3 night cruise on the Magic. We're also anxiously awaiting the packages to be released for next year!

Glad to hear that about the dining plan with a 10 year old. Our older daughter will be 10 when we go, and we've debated over getting the dining plan but don't think she'd eat $50+ dollars a day worth of food. It really adds up when they count as adults!!!

We're also on the lookout for May discounts! We plan to do 5 days in the parks after our 3 night cruise on the Magic. We're also anxiously awaiting the packages to be released for next year!

Glad to hear that about the dining plan with a 10 year old. Our older daughter will be 10 when we go, and we've debated over getting the dining plan but don't think she'd eat $50+ dollars a day worth of food. It really adds up when they count as adults!!!

Totally agree with you and Disneylvr - I don't know any 10 year olds that eat like an adult. I have 2 grown boys now, but when each of them were 10 years old, even 12 or 13, there's no way they ate like an adult! When we go back to DW in May 2014 they are both going, and I would LOVE to get FD since they both eat like the grown men they are. ::yes::

This is my first post, but we are going to book as soon as the 2014 rates come out for a week May 19-25! My sisters are both Florida residents so we're curious how discounts might work if rooms are shared with them. Hoping for a good discount either way.

We are looking at end of May/beginning of June discounts as well. DDs school gets out on May 29th.

We were looking at then or possibly early November. I am liking the May/June time frame because there will be less work involved for DD from school. I'd like her to be able to be "guilt free" during the trip or not be overwhelmed with make up work when we get back.

Count me in for the discount watching. :cool1:
We're planning our next trip for the second or third week in May 2014, and would love a room discount since we're cheap eaters and don't use the dining plan.
Watching for codes 10 months out . . . at this rate I'll probably have the whole trip planned and re-planned 10 times over before May. :lmao:

I am hoping for a discount of some kind for May also. We are a military family so I am also hoping for an extension of those discounts as well.

Subbing... booked CSR today and bought my airfare... $350 pp rt from PDX to MCO which I think is pretty good. I could really use a discount though, this trip is one of the most expensive I have ever booked, and we do 10 days in Mexico at all-inclusives and stuff...

we are also planning a May 2014 trip:cool1:

and i am see sawing between booking now and waiting for discounts to come out then calling to have discount applied or waiting till the discounts come out

Watching and waiting

Ann
(pay no attention to my ticker--i still haven't found out how to change it)

Woo hoo! I booked our two week Disney vacation today!

Dellasgirl: In the past, I've not had a problem getting a special offer applied to our existing reservations. To change your ticker, go to the Tickers tab at the top of this Dis page. Create a ticker and copy the link. Go to User CP and click on edit signature. Erase your current ticker and copy the link to your new one. Easy peasy!

I will be camping out here. Hoping for a resort discount pin so we can do BC again!popcorn::

Now that we can't make it in Feb, we are kicking the idea around for a May '14 trip. Oh, were Oh were are the cheap days at WDW gone to?

Since I have been using our DVC points for the last few years, I have not been paying for cash rooms. As we have used quite a few points bringing family with us, we need to pay for some cash rooms next year. Can someone please explain what discounts are available and how to check for them? I've been reading many posts where posters are talking about waiting for discounts. I know about the Annual Pass discounts but don't understand the "pin" codes. Do I just have to keep checking the room rates often ( I already booked 3 days at AOA) and call WDW to change the rate? :confused3

Since I have been using our DVC points for the last few years, I have not been paying for cash rooms. As we have used quite a few points bringing family with us, we need to pay for some cash rooms next year. Can someone please explain what discounts are available and how to check for them? I've been reading many posts where posters are talking about waiting for discounts. I know about the Annual Pass discounts but don't understand the "pin" codes. Do I just have to keep checking the room rates often ( I already booked 3 days at AOA) and call WDW to change the rate? :confused3

From what I understand if you find a discount you can call and have it applied. This last May we had 15% off at AoA which was better than nothing. As far as pins go, from what I have read Disney will periodically send out Pin code offers that are specific to you and non transferable, but no one knows what causes someone to get this, it is seemingly random. There is a stickies on the discounts page that explains it better. Happy deal hunting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter