May 2014 Discout Watch

A very very reliable source posted that January through mid-April discounts will be released on October 8th. Sounds like us May travelers are getting closer and closer to a possible special offer. At least I'm hoping so!

we are going 4/27-5/5...hope that promo applies to us!!!

Last year we had to wait until Jan 3rd for the May deals, although I think Disney visa holders got it on Dec 31 or Jan 1 ... can't remember, just know the wait between Disney visa holders and the general public nearly killed me :)

Last year we had to wait until Jan 3rd for the May deals, although I think Disney visa holders got it on Dec 31 or Jan 1 ... can't remember, just know the wait between Disney visa holders and the general public nearly killed me :)

I just went back and looked through my travel documents/emails for our May, 2013 trip. I was able to apply the Disney Visa offer to our reservation on December 27th and received a confirmation on December 28th.

I'm prepared to pay rack rate if I absolutely have to but would love love love a discount of some sort.

My husband has a Disney visa through chase, but he is not planning....shocker!! Will he get an email or something about these codes for discounts, or does he have to log into the credit card site?

My husband has a Disney visa through chase, but he is not planning....shocker!! Will he get an email or something about these codes for discounts, or does he have to log into the credit card site?

I very rarely get notifications of the WDW special offers from Chase. I'd suggest that you keep an eye on the Disboards because there's usually someone who will get wind of an upcoming promo and will post it on the boards.

I very rarely get notifications of the WDW special offers from Chase. I'd suggest that you keep an eye on the Disboards because there's usually someone who will get wind of an upcoming promo and will post it on the boards.

Any good "chase" code threads out there? I have been checking the normal discount threads too. Thanks for the info!!

Think our trip will be in the middle of two code time frames. Last week of April through early May.
We already have a room booked as of yesterday, but the CM told me to watch for codes for this time frame around the beginning of January.

Joining in the May 2014 discount waiting list....after our Nov trip we plan to go back 1st and 2nd week of May....

if we don't get a good discount we will stay offsite...

Does anyone know if there are any weeks in May that are typically blacked out? We're May 4-10.

we are going 4/27-5/5...hope that promo applies to us!!!

The upcoming promo will be available for dates of January 5-March 5 for stay play and dine...and January 5-April 12 for room discounts.

So your dates would fall beyond that and perhaps in the next round of promos offered.

Hopping on board the May watch train, we want to book 7 nights starting 5/17 for my DGS's 7th bday. DH and I just got back from a pretty sweet adults only trip, but I was missing my boys something fierce. Can't wait to get back.

3 questions-

Are the chase discounts for the CC holders only or do the debit cards count too?

We will likely have to book 2 rooms at a moderate-can you book more than one room with a discount?

Does anyone know what dates were covered last May?

Hopping on board the May watch train, we want to book 7 nights starting 5/17 for my DGS's 7th bday. DH and I just got back from a pretty sweet adults only trip, but I was missing my boys something fierce. Can't wait to get back.

3 questions-

Are the chase discounts for the CC holders only or do the debit cards count too?

We will likely have to book 2 rooms at a moderate-can you book more than one room with a discount?

Does anyone know what dates were covered last May?

I don't have answer to most of yor questions, but I know last May there was a 30% discount for some rooms.

Also, I don't know how many you are traveling with, but I wanted to suggest you look into the family suites at AoA too. They may price better than 2 moderate rooms and are just fantastic!

I don't have answer to most of yor questions, but I know last May there was a 30% discount for some rooms.

Also, I don't know how many you are traveling with, but I wanted to suggest you look into the family suites at AoA too. They may price better than 2 moderate rooms and are just fantastic!

There will be 5 of us total, my 2 "adult" sons ages 29 and 19, DGS who will be turning 7, DH and myself. I think that AoA sounds great, especially the Lion King rooms, but I am worried about the beds there. One is on a pullout couch right? Oldest DS is about 5'5 and Pooh sized, youngest DS is 6'2 and more Goofy sized, lol. I just want to make sure that everyone is comfy at the end of the day.

So there are how many rooms? And there are doors between the rooms? Guess I need to do some research on these. Also can you tell me about the bus service? We have had wonderful bus service at CSR, only once in our 3 trips there have we had to stand and that was at park close. DH is concerned about space and bus service mostly.

I had an email from Disney today offering me this "great deal" for May rates. By great, I mean about $1less that the full price on their site now for May. If they have my email address and dates I am looking into on their site, don't they think I am aware of a good deal. They even provided a 3 digit letter code in the email to make it appear as though it was something special. Slightly annoying....

Subscribing as well. I'm already booked at the Dolphin with the nurse rate, but would love a good discount for WL or AKL. Never stayed there before and I'm ready to try them out if the price is right!

I had an email from Disney today offering me this "great deal" for May rates. By great, I mean about $1less that the full price on their site now for May. If they have my email address and dates I am looking into on their site, don't they think I am aware of a good deal. They even provided a 3 digit letter code in the email to make it appear as though it was something special. Slightly annoying....

One whole buck huh? I don't have a clue why you didn't bust the door down to take advantage of that great deal. Seriously, I wouldn't give up hope yet. We have gotten some sort of special offer for at least three of our last trips (and several more but I'm too lazy to go back and look as past reservations :laughing:) Knowing that doesn't make me less anxious to see if there will be something that we can take advantage of. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter