MAY 2013 - PTR....hooray!!!

My insomnia is back - sleeping at night is so hard for me, yet I could fall asleep in seconds during the day. DH says I'm a bat - and I think he's right!

So, with nothing else to do, i am watching the American Today Show and the temperature in Orlando is 3 degrees - yikes, no Splash Mountain for me in that kind of weather!

It's just over 6 weeks until we leave - how did that happen??

I have booked everything that I can, from restaurants to hair appointments, and now I have 4 days ahead of me over Easter to think and think and think - but I there's nothing else left to plan.....is it too early to get the suitcases out?!

It's just over 6 weeks until we leave - how did that happen??

I have booked everything that I can, from restaurants to hair appointments, and now I have 4 days ahead of me over Easter to think and think and think - but I there's nothing else left to plan.....is it too early to get the suitcases out?!

Helloooooo!!!! I have just read your PTR from the start and thought I would pop in and say howdy! "Howdy"!!!!! I now know I have a personal New Yorkaholic to call upon when the time comes! I know it's a long time until we get there but it's never too early to start, right?

DD and I very much enjoyed chatting to you and are looking forward to the next meet up! You will be able to tell us all about the trip and how fabulous you were strutting your stuff and flicking your hair like a Charlie's Angel!!!!

We are all systems go for September and are even more excited now as we are staying at the Disneyland Hotel! I am bursting at the seams at the thought of it!!!

I am trying to get the Halloween TR finished so I can start the PTR! I spent all day today typing and I swear I now have DRSI - Disney Report Strain Injury LOL.

Will be popping in again now I know where you are!!!

Hey Minnie Sue Oz - chatting with you and your daughter at the dismeet was lovely, and yes, we have a lot more to talk about when it comes to NYC!!

In fact, we just had bagels for breakfast (thanks Costco), so we're getting into the NYC spirit early!

DH leaves 5 weeks from today (conference in Las Vegas) and we can't believe it - 35 days, and then we are 9 days behind him!! DD and I are off shopping today to see if we can pick up a couple of end of summer bargains to pop into the suitcase.

Happy Easter!! :goodvibes

Good Luck with the shopping!! I have just been to our local Westfield and it was crazy busy!!

I have come home with a headache, why did I go......???

I gave in and bought DS some jeans, this has been stressing me, if they don't fit (his body or his ego) no doubt we will be going back on Monday to exchange!

Oh Battymum - 15 year old boys and shopping, ugh!! Our DS only likes certain shops and then we have the taaaaaaallllll problem - he's so long!!

I went to Westfield Miranda and it was like Christmas Eve down there - complete mayhem. :scared: People freak out when the shops are shut for just 1 day (who am I to talk though - I was there too!!). We got DD8 a lovely summer dress for $19 at David Jones - where I NEVER buy kids clothes - so she got a designer dress - for less! Into the wash, a quick iron and it's off to the "holiday" section of the wardrobe, woo hoo! :cool1:

I am so sick of buying clothes they won't wear! I am selling a bunch of stuff on eBay at the moment that we bought in the USA that has never been worn! Not so much of a bargain if they don't wear it.

thank heaven for Jay Jays - the trendy gear at the right price, - I bought DS a black pair of jeans today, surely I can't go wrong with that.

I have twins, one will go shopping and comes home with the latest gear, the other, well... He will pull out whatever is in the drawer.

We have a shop at Miranda called Glue - it seems to suit DS15 without costing a bomb. As for his clothes that we got in 2011, he wore it all - but then grew 4 inches in next to no time, so nothing fit anymore!! I have friends with kids who are a couple of years younger than DS - they loved the hand me downs!!

He is planning some shopping on this trip, the Billabong stuff at the Element shop in Times Square was SO cheap! Also there's Footlocker - our son's version of Mecca, just like Sephora is mine!! :worship::worship: OMG - this gets me crazy excited!!! :woohoo:

Oh yeah I went to Glue store - they have good sales there, but I felt like an imposter - I don't think your allowed in there if your over 20!

My boy wears jeans once or twice a year - he has finally started growing but now nothing from last year fits! :(

Jack barely ever wears long pants - and DH is a Pom and lives in shorts (he wore them to our wedding - it was a very low key event, and they were nice shorts)!!! :rotfl2:

Glue is hilarious - lots of teenagers checking each other out and me just trying to get him to choose something. I'm not embarrassing to be with when I'm handing over the cash or buying tickets to the Goodlife Festival or the football am I?! ;)

Drives us nuts - but is so gorgeous! :)

Yep, that weather would even get my DH out of his shorts!

I can't imagine the amazing things that the Batty family are all about see, and hear, and smell, and EAT!! I smile to myself when I think about what the Japanese reaction to our 6'4", blond 15 year old would be!! :scared1:

Those post-it notes must be dwindling, Battymum!! :)

Wow, what a weekend....

DS15, DD8 and I are flying together to NYC through LA on Delta - all was perfectly fine when I booked it - we had 2 hours to make our connection. NOW - Delta have changed things and we have 90 minutes to make it :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

So, in we went to Flight Centre yesterday to have a chat and see what our options are. I don't know what to think. We are sitting in their Economy Plus seats - which are located at the front of the economy section, so getting off the plane will be quicker than if were way at the back. Also, I am hoping for a "fastpass" from Delta due to our tight connection. (Hoping - definitely not sure that we will get one).

We arrive and leave from the same terminal (5), and in that case, the minimum time that Delta require is 90 minutes - so this could be doable. The girl at Flight Centre actually just did this a month or so ago and she said that it was a bit stressful, but worked out in the end. She said that a Japan Airlines plane had landed just before them and customs was a disaster because of the language barrier. She was still waiting to clear customs with 5 minutes to go before the boarding of her NYC flight!!

We could change until the next flight - 3 and a half hours later - or just cross our fingers and go go go. If we miss the connection Delta will put us onto the next flight available (which still has heaps of seats free).....at the moment!

OMG - as the adult in the situation with 2 kids - I know what the sensible thing to do would be - but I feel as though if I take the later flight, Murphy's Law tells me that we will be through customs in minutes - what to do? :confused3:confused3:confused3

We had a similar connection (VA-Delta) last year and did it easily under an hour. Maybe it was a case of good timing?? From what you've said, the worst case scenario is that you miss the connection and they bump you on to the next flight, which is your alternative connection. I'd definitely risk it and take the earlier connection. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter