May 2013 Car Rental - Best deals?

Just checked again, and was able to get my Alamo midsize rental for May 10-21 for $191, down $30 from last time. Both were using the $30 coupon and the AP discount code. Hope it goes down a little more, but $191 for 11 days works for me!

We ended up going a round about way. Mini van from Alamo at airport from the 4-8. $145 from Costco. Grandparents are leaving Wed. The 8th And will return van to airport. We will also be picking up a full size from National at Shades of Green on the 6th even though we don't need it until the 8th and returning at airport for $38 on the 11th. If we got the mini van for the week, it would have been $275. I think it's worth it for a difference of $95!

Right now I have my 7 day minivan reservation through Dollar for $258 with my AAA special rate. Using the recently posted Alamo codes the rental would be $306. So Alamo would be a little more for us but it sounds like we would probably have a faster check out and better vehicle if we went with Alamo. Not sure if I should stick with the lower rate I have now or not.

Thanks for posting that Alamo prices had finally come down! We were able to save $40 switching from Dollar to Alamo for our mid May trip. :cool1:

I always forget about the AP code for Alamo, Is it better than the 10% off with Insiders?

I leave tomorrow and have to say, my rates never got better than what I booked months ago. I never got a "last minute" drop in prices. Since I leave April 30 I've been subscribing to both the April and May threads. This happened to me in late January for that trip. Those rates never got better too and no "last minute" drop in prices there either. I've already accepted that my price was the price I was going to pay, but secretly I kept hoping for a better price. I only rent through National and Alamo now, so that does slightly limit me. I've rented through Budget, Dollar and Hertz and perfer not to use them anymore. Nothing horrible to post about them other than the long lines, the hard sell for insurance, and the vehicle conditions. I even crunched the numbers for picking up at SOG and the price was not much better considering I needed a minivan for the second half of the trip. The savings was just a couple of dollars and not worth the hassle. Good luck to all and I hope the prices get better.

Did you find the cars at hertz tobe not in good condition?

Did you find the cars at hertz tobe not in good condition?

I didn't find the cars at Hertz to be bad. Actually the only company that I've found the cars to be pretty banged up has been budget. My DD had to point out all of the issues prior to renting with them last year, plus Budget added insurance even though she told them no, then she checked the total and noticed they added insurance anyhow and she pointed it out and they said, oh we must've not taken it off. Once they fixed it, she signed, but you really have to be careful when going to the counter for any of the companies now and know your price before signing. My only issue with Hertz was the hardsell to try to both get us to pay to upgrade and to buy insurance.

I always forget about the AP code for Alamo, Is it better than the 10% off with Insiders?

I've been using the AP code and generally it is the same as the insider. It is better than the Visa code and the last time I checked my rental is was better than the SW code too. In case anyone is interested, the DVC code is not very good at all.

I've been using the AP code and generally it is the same as the insider. It is better than the Visa code and the last time I checked my rental is was better than the SW code too. In case anyone is interested, the DVC code is not very good at all.

Lol I didn't even know we got a DVC. Discount

I thought I read somewhere that there wasnt a standard row at MCO for Alamo, can anyone confirm that? I am using a dbl upgrade coupon and that would make a compact upgrade to a full size.(triple upgrade)

Does anyone know what kind of fullsize are at Alamo other than Impalas'?

I thought I read somewhere that there wasnt a standard row at MCO for Alamo, can anyone confirm that? I am using a dbl upgrade coupon and that would make a compact upgrade to a full size.(triple upgrade)

Does anyone know what kind of fullsize are at Alamo other than Impalas'?

Correct - there are no standards at MCO so if you book a standard you will choose from the mid-size section.
:)

Is this correct or is it the Full size section?

If you book standard you will choose from the full size lot. The other poster was not correct. Going from standard to mid-size would be a downgrade. We have booked standard from Alamo and have always been directed to the full size aisle.

I didn't find the cars at Hertz to be bad. Actually the only company that I've found the cars to be pretty banged up has been budget. My DD had to point out all of the issues prior to renting with them last year, plus Budget added insurance even though she told them no, then she checked the total and noticed they added insurance anyhow and she pointed it out and they said, oh we must've not taken it off. Once they fixed it, she signed, but you really have to be careful when going to the counter for any of the companies now and know your price before signing. My only issue with Hertz was the hardsell to try to both get us to pay to upgrade and to buy insurance.

Exactly the opposite for me. Hertz car was just a few hundred miles on it & no hard sell.
I guess YMMV.

I'm sure it's posted but I can't find it. Can someone tell me what thhe Alamo $30 off coupon is from? AD2338FDF is the coupon I'm refering to. Do I have to print something or be a member of somewhere?
Thanx

If you book standard you will choose from the full size lot. The other poster was not correct. Going from standard to mid-size would be a downgrade. We have booked standard from Alamo and have always been directed to the full size aisle.

I was going to use the double upgrade coupon too. If I do that even though I book a compact, with the coupon it would put me to a standard. Would I at this point still choose from the full-size row?
TIA

I'm sure it's posted but I can't find it. Can someone tell me what thhe Alamo $30 off coupon is from? AD2338FDF is the coupon I'm refering to. Do I have to print something or be a member of somewhere?
Thanx

It is a Visa coupon code and technically you are to pay for the reservation with your Visa if you use it. There is also a Mastercard version, AD2335FDC if you prefer to pay with a Mastercard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter