• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

:banana::banana::banana:
The trip will be here before you know it!! Better start packing. :lmao:

I know! I'll be dragging the suitcases out soon. :rotfl:

I'll do that happy dance with you too~~!!! :banana::dance3:

Thanks!

Yay for 100 days!!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Not long now!

A little late, but I am joining in. Your trip title caught my attention, since we are also going in May. There will be A LOT of us DISers there! :woohoo:

YAY! :cheer2: for your 100 day mark!

:welcome: There will be a lot of there in May! I can't wait! :woohoo:

YAY FOR 100 DAY!!!! I'LL DANCE FOR THAT! :banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks for the dance!

I LOVED those whales! That's the part that I remember the most. It does stink about the torch not working right. Steve Nash and Wayne Gretzky sure looked kinda nervous when it wasn't working! I think they are getting bigger...especially after the Beijing one. That was really cool.

YAY for 100 days! Less than that now! :banana:

They did look nervous...glancing around and all...I love the Olympics!

:yay:

I don't have any pictures to post today, but I do have a little bit of exciting news:

We've added a day to our vacation! I know, it's just one day, but it's one more day in Disney World!!! Why did we do this? (As if anyone would need to know why!?)
  • We were checking out on a Thursday, so we won't have to miss any additional days of work.
  • We will still get home in time to unpack and have a full day at home before we have to go back to work.
  • We still had a few DVC points to use.
  • Who doesn't want to stay at Disney just one more day?
We originally tried for a night in a Bay Lake Tower studio, but they were full. DH put us on a waiting list. The CM on the phone, however, told Max that we had enough points for a one bedroom standard view at the Boardwalk. :woohoo: So that's what we are going to go with. We have never stayed here before, so let me know all about it! We are not sure what we will do on our extra day now. Some options we have discussed:
  • Going to the beach.
  • Getting one more day's worth of Park Tickets.
  • Spending the day at the pool/exploring the Boardwalk.
I noticed last time I was on the Undercover Tourist website they were offering 6 day tickets at the price of a 5 day ticket. That would be nice. Have any of you guys ever used them? Do you get the hard plastic tickets?

Ahhh, decisions, decisions!

I'm also thinking about making a countdown calendar for the kids. If there was a Home Depot in my town, I'd have already gathered all my Mickey heads for the calendar...But as it is, I'll just have to go a bit further, and be super sneaky to get my materials! :lmao: How many Mickey heads can you sneak at time, I wonder?

I noticed last time I was on the Undercover Tourist website they were offering 6 day tickets at the price of a 5 day ticket. That would be nice. Have any of you guys ever used them? Do you get the hard plastic tickets?

I have purchased tickets from UT before, and had no problems. The tickets came as ordered. They were the paper type of ticket. However, we were staying at the Poly and when I checked in, the CM converted them onto our KTTW.

:cheer2: YAY for getting to add on an extra night!

YAY for an extra dy! I wish we would add an extra day on my end, but Bryan is always ready to head back home.

We were thinking about ordering our tickets from UT this year as well. I have heard nothing but positive things about their business.

I need to work on my countdown as well. Some of my Dis friends have done theirs already too. I'm feeling so slackerish about not having it done yet.

I have purchased tickets from UT before, and had no problems. The tickets came as ordered. They were the paper type of ticket. However, we were staying at the Poly and when I checked in, the CM converted them onto our KTTW.

:cheer2: YAY for getting to add on an extra night!

Thanks! I haven't heard anything bad about them, but didn't *know* anyone who'd used them for tickets before. :goodvibes We may look into that....and keep our fingers crossed that we could have the tickets converted.

YAY for an extra dy! I wish we would add an extra day on my end, but Bryan is always ready to head back home.

We were thinking about ordering our tickets from UT this year as well. I have heard nothing but positive things about their business.

I need to work on my countdown as well. Some of my Dis friends have done theirs already too. I'm feeling so slackerish about not having it done yet.

My DH is never ready to go, but knows the last day means "go home". I'm very fortunate that he lets me go to DTD for lunch & a World of Disney stop before hitting the road. Anywhere else, check out day = leave for home as quickly as possible. :lmao:

I admire all those who do 100 day countdowns! Akkkkkkk! I was so close to a Home Depot today, but wasn't able to go in for my Mickey Heads. :scared1: That's ok, though, the longer we wait, the less work it will be. ;)

Yay, congrats for another day!! How fun. If you want some Mickey heads send me a pm and I will send some your way. The HD is very close to me. I am more of a 30 day count down kinda girl. that cuts down on the "when are we going" chatter :)

HEY!!! I've missed you!! I'm so sorry I missed the 100 day mark! But YAY!! Now you are in double digits! :woohoo: I'm so happy for you! Plus you get an extra day! WOHOO!! :cool1: That's so amazing! I've always wanted to stay at Boardwalk, it just looks fabulous!

Sorry the Steelers didn't make it to the Super Bowl! Neither did my boys!! Haha...I'm such a dumb-dumb when it comes to divisions and stuff. I have a friend who is a huge Steelers fan (Dustin if you read my new ptr! ;) ) and I was telling him how amazing it would be if the Broncos beat the Steelers in a Super Bowl and then he reminded me how that could never happen! I should probably learn the divisions better...:laughing:

I hope you're having a great week!

YAY for another day! I would love to add another day to our vacation. Yesterday my dad said to my mom, "We have to leave Saturday, right? They (my brother and I) have school/work on Monday?" So sad. I wish we could stay until Sunday, but I know I'd be too exhausted after a long drive home (19 or so hours) to go to work the next day if we returned on Sunday night/Monday morning!

Yay, congrats for another day!! How fun. If you want some Mickey heads send me a pm and I will send some your way. The HD is very close to me. I am more of a 30 day count down kinda girl. that cuts down on the "when are we going" chatter :)

Thanks! I will pm you soon...I'd love a few Mickey heads. :goodvibes

YAY for another day!! That's definitely something to be excited about!!! :banana:

:dance3:

HEY!!! I've missed you!! I'm so sorry I missed the 100 day mark! But YAY!! Now you are in double digits! :woohoo: I'm so happy for you! Plus you get an extra day! WOHOO!! :cool1: That's so amazing! I've always wanted to stay at Boardwalk, it just looks fabulous!

Sorry the Steelers didn't make it to the Super Bowl! Neither did my boys!! Haha...I'm such a dumb-dumb when it comes to divisions and stuff. I have a friend who is a huge Steelers fan (Dustin if you read my new ptr! ;) ) and I was telling him how amazing it would be if the Broncos beat the Steelers in a Super Bowl and then he reminded me how that could never happen! I should probably learn the divisions better...:laughing:

I hope you're having a great week!

Yay, it's Kimmy! I'm missed you...your new PTR....is that where you've been? I'll have to go check it out. I don't know where I've been? :confused3

YAY for another day! I would love to add another day to our vacation. Yesterday my dad said to my mom, "We have to leave Saturday, right? They (my brother and I) have school/work on Monday?" So sad. I wish we could stay until Sunday, but I know I'd be too exhausted after a long drive home (19 or so hours) to go to work the next day if we returned on Sunday night/Monday morning!

I know! We always need one whole day (at least!) to recover after vacation. You'd be walking around school in a daze all day. :lmao:

Yay, it's Kimmy! I'm missed you...your new PTR....is that where you've been? I'll have to go check it out. I don't know where I've been? :confused3

Oh no, you are not behind at all! I just started my ptr! I have just been away from the boards...crazy busy with work and life and such! But I'm back now! :goodvibes

Hey there! I just saw your link on the Mayhem with the Mouse thread. Now, I gotta go back and read all the details.

Lisa

Wow, I'm really late in saying this but yay for adding another day to your trip! :banana: Have you made any decisions yet on what you're going to do?

Oh no, you are not behind at all! I just started my ptr! I have just been away from the boards...crazy busy with work and life and such! But I'm back now! :goodvibes

:cool1: I'm glad you are back! I was over on your PTR the other day...I'm glad I wasn't too late to the party. :hippie:

Hey there! I just saw your link on the Mayhem with the Mouse thread. Now, I gotta go back and read all the details.

Lisa

Hi! :welcome: I've seen you over there, too! Sometimes I think you're me because we've got the same avatar! :lmao: I'm going to check out your PTR, too.

Wow, I'm really late in saying this but yay for adding another day to your trip! :banana: Have you made any decisions yet on what you're going to do?

Thanks! :woohoo: No decisions yet, it may depend on another decision which is currently being made, though. It's not as confusing or dramatic as it sounds...:goodvibes

:woohoo: for March! I painted my nails green Sunday night in anticipation. I just love March! :shamrock: Springtime, warmer weather, and my Birthday :cake:, even though I'll be 30 this year. :scared1:

When I saw this post by wdwgirl back in January and clicked on her link at the bottom to the Disney Store's website I fell in love with these T-Shirts!

400000058498MS.jpg

Of course, I had to place an order. I ordered one for each of us in different colors. Max has gray, I ordered purple (Sarah, I noticed when I went searching for your post today that you mentioned getting the purple one...did you?) for myself, Allison has green, and Luke is getting blue. Luke "is getting" blue because his shirt hasn't come in yet. We got ours last week (they were all adult sizes). I'm afraid this must be a popular style because of the backorder status my order was in for so long. I ordered them at the end of January! :scared1: It's really not a problem, though, because we aren't going until May. I just hope Luke's shirt comes in by then. Disney called Monday to make sure we wanted to keep his shirt active on the order. It should be in sometime in April I think (Max spoke with them, so I don't remember the exact date). The shirts are so cute in person, too! I can't wait to wear them in the parks! :cool1:

As for the potential change of plans, this is up to Max. Remember, for Christmas I got him a Richard Petty Driving Experience? He's been trying to decide for a month or so now if he'd rather do the Ride Along. This won't change plans much, but if he does choose the Ride Along, it could potentially change the date he participates. Right now, his Driving Experience is scheduled on our pool day, but Ride Alongs (to my understanding) are 1st come, 1st served basis, pretty much any day. But I'm not doing any more thinking about that until it's a done deal! :laughing:

I hope you are all having a good week! I am looking forward to this weekend. Max is taking me out for a birthday extravaganza! Hopefully, I'll have some pics I can share with you guys next week. :goodvibes

Okay, so now I've gone back and read the entire thread. Well, I'll admit that I did skip through some of the comments but I read all of your trip report installments.

Let's see what all I wanted to comment on.....I know I'm going to leave something out.

You guys aren't that far from us. We are in North Louisiana and, as a matter of fact, were through Little Rock this past November on our way to Branson.

Love all of your snow day pictures. We got snow here on February 12th and I think it had been ten years since we had gotten what we call a good snow....4 inches.:laughing: Our's only lasted a day and a half but we were happy to see that much!

I've been thinking of trying Earl of Sandwich this trip but our son is a super dooper pooper scooper picky eater and doesn't like sandwiches. I hear they have a pizza sandwich which I might could get him to try. :rolleyes:

We are going to Star Wars Weekends for the first time this trip. I know absolutely nothing about Star Wars except for, you know, the basics....Chewbaca (probably spelled that wrong), Luke Skywalker, Storm Troopers and, well, that's about it. Hunter is really excited about going so I guess that means I'm excited too. I'm just worried about the crowds.

Cool Vera Bradley bag! I've been debating on whether or not I should buy a hipster for our upcoming trip. Just wondering whether or not it will be large enough should I need to throw in our ponchos.

I loved it when you said something about going to Disney all those years but then not having seen everything yet. We've gone to Disney 14 times and still find new things to do. I just hate it when somebody makes one of "those" comments...you know the ones...."Don't ya'll get tired of going to Disney World? Haven't ya'll done everything already?". Some people just don't get it.

Congrats on adding another day to your vacation. I'd take two full weeks there if I could but, alas, working in a one attorney/one paralegal law office, I can't be away that long.

I know that I've probably missed something I wanted to comment on but I can't think of them right now. Must be that 44 year old memory of mine.

Love those shirts B! I fell in love with them on Sarah's report also. :goodvibes

Don't know when your birthday is but I hope it's great! 30 isn't too bad. In a few short months I will be more than half way to 40! :scared1: I'm so ready for spring and some warmer weather. :thumbsup2

You and I must have been posting at the same time 'cause I totally missed your shirt/potential change of plans post. I wish I could get my family to do matching shirts or even semi-matching shirts. They think it's "too dorky".:rotfl2:

I saw those shirts while we were there in December. I love the idea of having everyone wear a different colored one! :idea: I may need to borrow that one..........

I love the classic look of those shirts! I can't believe that it's taking so long for Luke's shirt to arrive. You'd think that with the demand, Disney would quickly pop those babies out to send them and get more people to order!

Anyway, having a different color each is cute because then you'll all match without being too matchy-matchy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter