May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

Hey guys!

I haven't done an update in a bit because I haven't been doing much in the way of trip planning. However, I do have a small but very important step taken care of! Before I show you what that is, I wanted to share some of the pictures from our snow last week. The snow started out as sleet late late Thursday nite/Friday morning. So late, in fact, that school wasn't officially canceled until 5:30 Friday morning. It snowed most of the morning, took a break during the afternoon, but a couple hours later in snowed and snowed well into the night. We lost power for about 12 hours, but all was well in the end and we had the best time! I don't think it has snowed this much here in several years. Here are some shots:

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

I built this fort Saturday. It's still trying to hang on to life!

IMG_4382.jpg

We went sledding on Sunday.

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

This guy is the fort guard.

IMG_4438.jpg

This is what they look like today, almost 1 week later.

And that's about all the snow we have left. Everything else has been melted by all the rain we've gotten yesterday and today. :sad1:

And now for an essential part of my future Trip Report: the notebook. I'm looking for a small, spiral bound notebook, flip top. I don't want the spiral on the left edge, but on the top. That way I can just flip it open and jot down where we are, what we're doing, wait times, meal choices...all that good stuff I didn't get on my last TR. The best part? I found it!

IMG_4420.jpg

The perfect notebook!

I like all the colors, but think I'll use either the red or the black for this trip, since they are the most "Mickey". If I find the right things, I may even decorate it. We'll see how inspired I get! :laughing:

Plus, it fits perfectly in the outside snap pocket on my VB! :woohoo:

IMG_4434.jpg

There it is, just enough room for the notebook and pen!

Here's a picture to illustrate the notebook's size. It really wanted it's picture beside a 'Throwback Mountain Dew', but I guess we're all out!

IMG_4435.jpg

I'm off now to get the kiddos from school. This weekend I'll be preparing for our big Super Bowl party. Even though the Steelers didn't make it, it's going to be a great game! I'll just have to save the black/gold decorations for next year. :goodvibes

I wish we had the space to do something like build a fort with snow! Haha, I think it's more feasible for us to just have the fort guard, but it wouldn't have anything to guard!

WOW, that snow disappeared so quickly! I hate when it rains, and it gets all slushy.

LOVE your notebook info! I recently got a flip-top notebook with Fairies on it from Michael's, but there are no lines inside. I took pics of it already, but I haven't written about it for my PTR yet. I didn't even realize that it really would be so much easier to have a flip-top; if I didn't get it and saw yours, I'd definitely think about getting a diff one!

And technically you have 3 choices because the lime green is the most "DIS" :D

WOW! It looks like you got more snow than we did!! And YAY for finding the notebooks!!! :woohoo:

I wish we had the space to do something like build a fort with snow! Haha, I think it's more feasible for us to just have the fort guard, but it wouldn't have anything to guard!

WOW, that snow disappeared so quickly! I hate when it rains, and it gets all slushy.

LOVE your notebook info! I recently got a flip-top notebook with Fairies on it from Michael's, but there are no lines inside. I took pics of it already, but I haven't written about it for my PTR yet. I didn't even realize that it really would be so much easier to have a flip-top; if I didn't get it and saw yours, I'd definitely think about getting a diff one!

And technically you have 3 choices because the lime green is the most "DIS" :D

:lmao: And I was thinking the snow lasted a pretty long time!

Oh, what a bad DISer I am! :scared1: Using the lime green one because of that never even crossed my mind...I should be banished. :scared:

I may just have to use that one 1st.

WOW! It looks like you got more snow than we did!! And YAY for finding the notebooks!!! :woohoo:

We really enjoyed the snow...we even got more than my MIL who is only 40 minutes away.

Thanks! I'm excited about the notebooks. :goodvibes

I love the snow fort! Last year my DB19 and three of his buddies built a snow fort including a roof...more like an igloo...that all four of them could lay in! It was huge!

I am bummed about not being able to cheer for the Steelers this Sunday as well, but at least it will be a stress free Super Bowl! Last years game was stressful enough to last for several years! I think my blood pressure is still coming down from the end of that game!

I love the notebooks! Hmm...that is something I will need to start looking for...I love shopping for things like that!

Crazy how fast all the snow melted! That's kind of what it's been like here all winter. Not that I'm complaining, the past 2 winters have been AWFUL! Like over 100 inches of snow for the season. :scared1:

I think you should definitely use the red or black notebook...they do seem like Mickey! If you do decorate it you have to show us! :thumbsup2

Hiya, just checking in and asking you to come over to my PTR for a ? Link in my siggy

I would go with the black as it would be the easiest to decorate!!!

We have about 22inches of snow at the point. It snowed last weekend and stayed cold all week and since Thursday night we have had snow then sleet then more snow then sleet then rain and since early this morning it has been snowing HARD. The news is saying we could expect another 6 inches of snow today... We had snow the weekend before christmas, and we still had a little snow left from that, but just sporatically... I'm beginning to wonder is there is even any grass left lol

You go the week after DH and I! How exciting seeing your pictures of snow really makes me miss it. I have to drive to it now...and I'm lucky if it stays in the mountains for longer than 2 months. :) I can't wait to read your trip report.

Looks like you guys had fun in the snow. We got about 3 flurries this afternoon but a few states north of here got a couple feet! Maybe we'll be lucky and get a dusting before spring.

I'll be different and vote for the red notebook.

I love the snow fort! Last year my DB19 and three of his buddies built a snow fort including a roof...more like an igloo...that all four of them could lay in! It was huge!

I am bummed about not being able to cheer for the Steelers this Sunday as well, but at least it will be a stress free Super Bowl! Last years game was stressful enough to last for several years! I think my blood pressure is still coming down from the end of that game!

I love the notebooks! Hmm...that is something I will need to start looking for...I love shopping for things like that!

Wow, I bet it took them a long time to build a snow fort that big!

You're right about it being a stress-free super bowl...I might actually like that kind better. :rotfl:

Thanks! It's fun to shop for anything for Disney...

Crazy how fast all the snow melted! That's kind of what it's been like here all winter. Not that I'm complaining, the past 2 winters have been AWFUL! Like over 100 inches of snow for the season. :scared1:

I think you should definitely use the red or black notebook...they do seem like Mickey! If you do decorate it you have to show us! :thumbsup2

:scared1: That much snow would shut us down for a looong time. :lmao:

I will surely show you my "finished product"!

Hiya, just checking in and asking you to come over to my PTR for a ? Link in my siggy

I just went over there....I would love a DIS meet...never had one before! :woohoo:

I would go with the black as it would be the easiest to decorate!!!

We have about 22inches of snow at the point. It snowed last weekend and stayed cold all week and since Thursday night we have had snow then sleet then more snow then sleet then rain and since early this morning it has been snowing HARD. The news is saying we could expect another 6 inches of snow today... We had snow the weekend before christmas, and we still had a little snow left from that, but just sporatically... I'm beginning to wonder is there is even any grass left lol

I was thinking that about the black one, too. Wow! Sounds like a blizzard to me. I can't imagine having that much snow. I would definitely need some real snow boots and pants for real snow like that. :laughing:

You go the week after DH and I! How exciting seeing your pictures of snow really makes me miss it. I have to drive to it now...and I'm lucky if it stays in the mountains for longer than 2 months. :) I can't wait to read your trip report.

I'm going to go check out your PTR...I can't wait for our trip. I bet the snow is pretty up in the mountains! :goodvibes

Looks like you guys had fun in the snow. We got about 3 flurries this afternoon but a few states north of here got a couple feet! Maybe we'll be lucky and get a dusting before spring.

I'll be different and vote for the red notebook.

We did have fun. 3 flurries! :lmao: That's about what we are used to. I hope you do get some...the last couple of years ours hasn't come until February anyway.

It's going to be a tough decision on which notebook to take...popcorn::

I'm going to go check out your PTR...I can't wait for our trip. I bet the snow is pretty up in the mountains! :goodvibes

Oh it is! Haha but I'd like it to be right outside my front door. :) I used to live in Northern Japan and it was always snowing and I really miss it now that I'm in the desert!

However, seeing them on my way to work makes up for it a little bit. :)))

Great snow pics B!! Love the fort! You did a great job. We got a lot of snow but it didn't pack well at all. :sad2: Love the notebook too! Great find! I bought the girls two from Hobby Lobby for last year. They were actually small sketch pads. They worked great. I customized them with stickers from the scrapbooking section before our trip and after our trip I put a pic of the girls with the character on the adjacent page. That worked out great. The characters made a big deal out of seeing stickers of themselves already on the pages. The kids got a little extra attention for it. :goodvibes Oh I almost forgot! Thanks for joining the Mayhem thread! I had my first DIS meets last year and loved it! :thumbsup2 Hope to meet you in May! :goodvibes

Oh it is! Haha but I'd like it to be right outside my front door. :) I used to live in Northern Japan and it was always snowing and I really miss it now that I'm in the desert!

However, seeing them on my way to work makes up for it a little bit. :)))

Snow right outside your door is nice. :goodvibes We're getting more right now and I'm absolute shock!

Great snow pics B!! Love the fort! You did a great job. We got a lot of snow but it didn't pack well at all. :sad2: Love the notebook too! Great find! I bought the girls two from Hobby Lobby for last year. They were actually small sketch pads. They worked great. I customized them with stickers from the scrapbooking section before our trip and after our trip I put a pic of the girls with the character on the adjacent page. That worked out great. The characters made a big deal out of seeing stickers of themselves already on the pages. The kids got a little extra attention for it. :goodvibes Oh I almost forgot! Thanks for joining the Mayhem thread! I had my first DIS meets last year and loved it! :thumbsup2 Hope to meet you in May! :goodvibes

Thanks! It didn't pack well Friday but Saturday it did a bit better. That's a great idea for autographs...I may have to something like that for the kids this year instead of the blue books they sell in the parks...I am very excited about the MAYhem thread...Hope to meet you, too! :)

Would you believe me if I told you we are in the middle of another snow day? :scared1: I know! It has been snowing steadily almost all day, on top of what it did overnite. School was canceled and we've been outside playing...I'll post some pictures later! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter