May 2, 2013 Disney Dream

Just getting on here. Booking the May 2 cruise this weekend. Still trying to figure out which room we want.

Welcome, so happy to see someone else here. I have never been on Disney before but have been on several other cruise lines, it really depends on what you want to spend and what you want. For less movement you want to be lower and midship, it is always good to look and see what is above you or below for noise and around you for activity. There are several sites that review the rooms on ships.

Welcome!!! Our travel agent talked me into one of the rooms on the aft (room 8684) and i've heard nothing but wonderful reviews about it. So i am keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good room. I think no matter what room you choose you can't go wrong they all look wonderful!
They do say that deck 5 is very noisy. And decks 8, 9 and 11 are rated the best.

I hope everyone is safe with this crazy weather they are predicting! Changed our cabins to the 8th floor Aft. :cool1: Hey Jennie I just noticed you are on 8 too, not too far from us. We have two of the ocean view family cabins. We had second deck but decided I wanted the larger cabin; my daughter will have a crib in her cabin.

anamanxs said:
I hope everyone is safe with this crazy weather they are predicting! Changed our cabins to the 8th floor Aft. :cool1: Hey Jennie I just noticed you are on 8 too, not too far from us. We have two of the ocean view family cabins. We had second deck but decided I wanted the larger cabin; my daughter will have a crib in her cabin.

I hope so too. I just watched a video of the Fantasy being tossed around by the hurricane. It was on yahoo news. They said it had a lot of damage in the shops and restaurants no one was hurt thankfully. We are on deck 8 room 8684 on the aft. My travel agent told me that we would love the oversized veranda.
I've heard nothing but good reviews about deck 8!!

I hope so too. I just watched a video of the Fantasy being tossed around by the hurricane. It was on yahoo news. They said it had a lot of damage in the shops and restaurants no one was hurt thankfully. We are on deck 8 room 8684 on the aft. My travel agent told me that we would love the oversized veranda.
I've heard nothing but good reviews about deck 8!!

Checking in to see if we had any new visits. Got my GD a couple of skirts to wear for the trip and a pink Minnie today to get her in the Disney mood! Hope everyone is OK! Also, trying to decide where to book a Character Breakfast, we can only afford one.

We just got back from a mini vacation and i am worn out!! We are doing a dining plan.. the best advice i got from reading and asking questions online was get the Crystal Palace reservations for 8:05 am that way you can stroll around the Magic Kingdom a bit and take pictures before they let anyone else in. That is one of the breakfast reservations we made, the other we made is for Ohana.

We just got back from a mini vacation and i am worn out!! We are doing a dining plan.. the best advice i got from reading and asking questions online was get the Crystal Palace reservations for 8:05 am that way you can stroll around the Magic Kingdom a bit and take pictures before they let anyone else in. That is one of the breakfast reservations we made, the other we made is for Ohana.

We are booked at Ohana on the Sunday before we cruise since we are not going to a Kingdom that day and are thinking about Crystal Palace on Monday before going to the Magic Kingdom. We are not doing the dining plan since we do not normally eat three meals a day and we think we come out better just doing pay as we go. So which hotel did you end of booking? :dance3:

We did the dining plan with just two meals per day and we ended up booking the all star movie resort for our hotel.

My daughter and I will be on this cruise. It will be our first cruise and there is so much to plan before May. I am planning this as a surprise for her as I will be starting a MSW program two days after we return and I wanted some good quality time before life completely changes for us... Looking forward to some fun in the sun

My daughter and I will be on this cruise. It will be our first cruise and there is so much to plan before May. I am planning this as a surprise for her as I will be starting a MSW program two days after we return and I wanted some good quality time before life completely changes for us... Looking forward to some fun in the sun

Hi Welcome, This board is really quiet right now, really excited to see someone new join us! I will be traveling with my daughter, SIL, and two Grand children. I am afraid I am more of the Disney fan then they are. This is their Christmas present from me. I have been on several cruises but will be my first Disney! Annette:cool1:

Oh, I forgot to ask : Where are you from - My family is from Virginia. Definitely looking for some fun in the sun!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm just hoping i can keep it a secret for 5 months..,

anamanxs said:
Hi Welcome, This board is really quiet right now, really excited to see someone new join us! I will be traveling with my daughter, SIL, and two Grand children. I am afraid I am more of the Disney fan then they are. This is their Christmas present from me. I have been on several cruises but will be my first Disney! Annette:cool1:

Oh, I forgot to ask : Where are you from - My family is from Virginia. Definitely looking for some fun in the sun!

We are from California.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm just hoping i can keep it a secret for 5 months..,

Wow, that is a long time, we are telling my grandchildren Christmas but it will be hard for my GS to wait he is only 5. My GD will not understand, she is only a year now , she will be only 19 months. My GS has been on one other ship when he was 2 1/2 and he loved it. we went to Alaska. He keeps asking when we are going on another big ship.

Welcome! We are so happy to see new people on this thread. We were starting to wonder if anyone would be joining us!
I will be on the cruise along with my two boys, we will be celebrating their birthdays.
I wish i could hold a secret for 5 months but there is no way!!!

jennyjones78 said:
What a perfect Christmas present!!! I can't keep my mouth closed for that long! This will be our first cruise and we will be doing two days at DW before the cruise. Will you be doing the fish extender? I am looking forward to someone that is experienced with Disney cruises to get some info on how they do things.

Hi Jennifer, my name is Janet and I'm totally interested in doing the fish extender? I have never gone on a Disney Cruise but have been doing a lot of research and would love to do this....

fitnessmouse said:
Not much activity on this thread yet.

If all goes well, we'll be on this cruise. It will be our 4th cruise, first time on the Dream:thumbsup2

Have you ever participated in the fish extender?

Have you ever participated in the fish extender?

I have never done a Disney Cruise but borrowed the idea and did one something like it on my group cruise on another cruise company and we had about 15 cabins participating and we had a lot of FUN!

We did Booty bags and based them on Pirate's treasure. I made treasure map to the participating cabins, it was a 7 day cruise. It was so exciting to come back to the cabin and find a goody there. Some cabins left recipes from their home state, or a little token from their state/country. I have some of the goodies in my scrapbook collection if I ever start working on my cruise pages.

Also, there is a FB group that has a lot of great ideas. I am definitely in, so we are up to 3/4 cabins. :beach:

I am so excited to be doing the fish extender. I have already started to plan what gifts I want to get/make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter