• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 19th 2011, Three Day Dream Cruise

Wow, I did not know there were DISers close by! we had table #3 second seating :) We actually liked that table. In RP, it was in a semi private room and was very relaxing and quiet. Both AP and EG were both in the forward port side and away from the babble of the main dining room. Now if we had the server from table #4 we would be happy! Both of those guys were really interacting with the table, ours (though fine) were straight-laced (from Hungary). Getting ready to book the Magic 2 night cruise out of NYC for 2012 (which was not available for booking on the cruise :()

Wow, I did not know there were DISers close by! we had table #3 second seating :) We actually liked that table. In RP, it was in a semi private room and was very relaxing and quiet. Both AP and EG were both in the forward port side and away from the babble of the main dining room. Now if we had the server from table #4 we would be happy! Both of those guys were really interacting with the table, ours (though fine) were straight-laced (from Hungary). Getting ready to book the Magic 2 night cruise out of NYC for 2012 (which was not available for booking on the cruise :()

Being in the "babble" of the main dining areas is actually what we like and that was probably why we did not like our seats. One example was the real quick in and out by one princess in RP. It seemed like before anyone even really knew she was there, she was gone. Now, I have boys so they probably did not mind, but to me, there was nothing special about the "special restaurants" when we were off away from everyone else. My kids actually complained when we had to get ready to go each night. The table right next to us (#1) seemed to be having the same issue and even came to dinner the last night (at AP) without their children and actually seemed much more relaxed. Their kids looked just as miserable as ours the previous two nights. We kind of wish we would have done that too, but that was actually the only restaurant where they did have something special going on (Crush talked to us for a few seconds).

We also commented on how interactive the servers were nearby too. It sounded like there tables were always laughing and having a great time. Like you said, our servers were fine, especially liked the assistant server as he was always smiling, but just a bit too series for our taste. I was even talked into changing my dinner selection one night because he suggested that was not the best choice and kind of talked me into it, which made me feel a bit foolish for ordering my first choice and not the one he had suggested. LOL

What rotation were you? We had RP, EG, AP.

We had RP, AP (Least liked entrees!) and EG. Second seating. If you were second seating and started with RP, I would have guessed the rotation would be the same ? My two older girls did not want any characters interaction, so it was fine. Families younger girls, those tables could have been a problem. Maybe that is why they put at that table. But later when all the Princesses were out in the atrium, my daughters ran around getting pics with all of them. go figure! It started with Snow White. We have a pic of my oldest in the castle dinner with her homemade SW costume on when she was very young. She wanted another pic when she was grown up. Once she got that pic (and my younger one DD13 got one too), they got into it as well and they just went to every one. :)

We had RP, AP (Least liked entrees!) and EG. Second seating. If you were second seating and started with RP, I would have guessed the rotation would be the same ? My two older girls did not want any characters interaction, so it was fine. Families younger girls, those tables could have been a problem. Maybe that is why they put at that table. But later when all the Princesses were out in the atrium, my daughters ran around getting pics with all of them. go figure! It started with Snow White. We have a pic of my oldest in the castle dinner with her homemade SW costume on when she was very young. She wanted another pic when she was grown up. Once she got that pic (and my younger one DD13 got one too), they got into it as well and they just went to every one. :)

Weird. We definitely had RP, EG, AP rotation. We seen the princesses in the atrium, but just took some pics from above as my boys would not admit to wanting to hang out with them, although my 6-y/o kept saying how pretty they were. :)

one princess' back as she peeked in at RP and then was gone before anyone even really noticed her. :(

I went to RP for breakfast the morning after eating at RP for dinner, and asked to be seated in the main part of the dining room b/c of where I sat the night before I saw nothing! So then the waiter said "Didn't you see the Princesses last night?" and I said "Princesses? What Princesses?" and he said "They were at each dining time." I said "No..." and explained again to him where I was seated for dinner. And he said "Oh, well, I apologize for that. But they do only visit the main part of the dining room." Or something to that affect. I was totally shocked by that statement!

When I go again, I probably will not waste my time in the restaurants but will see about booking Palo and then just eating at Cabanas or the counter service places on Deck 11. Animator's Pallet will be the ONLY one I visit again, as I really liked the restaurant and menu but would strongly request a table w/ a view and not one right inside the entrance.

However the next time I'm able to cruise most likely will be after the Fantasy comes out. I will no longer do 3 day cruises. Goes by way to fast and doesn't feel like a vacation at all. I had thought that w/ my 1st 3 day it was just b/c it was my first time. But after my 2nd 3 day I just simply don't like the rush-rush-rush of it all. So I will wait and do a 7 day or at least a 5 day on the Fantasy. I have a trip planned for Germany next summer, so no cruising funds for next year and then the Fantasy will be out so I think I'll just wait for that ship.

I went to RP for breakfast the morning after eating at RP for dinner, and asked to be seated in the main part of the dining room b/c of where I sat the night before I saw nothing! So then the waiter said "Didn't you see the Princesses last night?" and I said "Princesses? What Princesses?" and he said "They were at each dining time." I said "No..." and explained again to him where I was seated for dinner. And he said "Oh, well, I apologize for that. But they do only visit the main part of the dining room." Or something to that affect. I was totally shocked by that statement!

That is kind of what I figured happened. There was one who peeked her head in, but she turned right back around and was out of there. :(

When I go again, I probably will not waste my time in the restaurants but will see about booking Palo and then just eating at Cabanas or the counter service places on Deck 11. Animator's Pallet will be the ONLY one I visit again, as I really liked the restaurant and menu but would strongly request a table w/ a view and not one right inside the entrance.

However the next time I'm able to cruise most likely will be after the Fantasy comes out. I will no longer do 3 day cruises. Goes by way to fast and doesn't feel like a vacation at all. I had thought that w/ my 1st 3 day it was just b/c it was my first time. But after my 2nd 3 day I just simply don't like the rush-rush-rush of it all. So I will wait and do a 7 day or at least a 5 day on the Fantasy. I have a trip planned for Germany next summer, so no cruising funds for next year and then the Fantasy will be out so I think I'll just wait for that ship.

I think that is what we would do if we booked again too. No more three-day cruises for us. We did not get to do enough and by the time we were getting into the swing of things, it was time to go.

I think that is what we would do if we booked again too. No more three-day cruises for us. We did not get to do enough and by the time we were getting into the swing of things, it was time to go.

Same here. Exactly. I was soooo tired after the cruise and it was to be a vacation. *lol*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter