May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

For those of you that have checked in already, have you found any excursions to be sold out already in San Francisco. I wouldn't expect so, but was curious.

We booked our San Diego hotel last night. The trip is starting to feel real.

My husband has fantastic FE gift ideas and him and my brother are geeking out to take the best FE gift idea to a higher level. I'll try to keep them attached to reality, but if their idea works you'll have some really cool FE gifts. Oh, boys and their toys! Even if their idea doesn't work, the original idea on its own is pretty neat too.

Now, to finalise what we're doing in San Diego the morning of the cruise - doing some more sightseeing or heading straight to the ship? We're spending time with my parents in Southern California before the cruise and we may opt for a later boarding time to have a few more hours with them.

Where did you end up booking? I have the Hilton San Diego airport booked, but keep hoping to find something descent with a better rate.

OK, I think I got everyone updated on the first page--we have had quite a few people join us in the last week or so, and welcome to all of you. I wonder how close the ship is to getting full--I think last time I looked there was no availability left in my category. Please check your info and let me know if I need to make any changes. :goodvibes

I just emailed an updated FE list. If you want to be a part of the FE but didn't get an email please send me a PM or email me.

Thanks,
Kristen:banana:

Just booked onboard activities for CaliforniaGirl09 and me. We are doing Palo brunch on Tues., Palo dinner on Thurs. and the Chinatown Walking Tour & San Francisco by Night port adventure. I also booked the Absolute Spa Ritual for me. I don't usually go to the spa on cruises, but since we have 3 sea days on this cruise, I decided to indulge. I also worked on some of our online check-in but can't choose a port arrival time until tomorrow morning. What did everyone else who was able to book tonight choose?

Hello Everyone:

If anyone is interested in a somewhat challenging hike in San Francisco, consider this.

I'm planning on hiking to Coit Tower, which entails 350 stairs and many inclines, but what a view! From there we will hike to the Presidio to the Walt Disney Family Museum. After touring the museum we will head back.

The San Francisco landmarks included in the walk are Ghirardelli Square, the Palace of Fine Arts park and Pier 39. We will see many eclectic SF neighborhoods.

I did this same hike two years ago when the Wonder was doing the California Coast cruises. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Hello Everyone:

If anyone is interested in a somewhat challenging hike in San Francisco, consider this.

I'm planning on hiking to Coit Tower, which entails 350 stairs and many inclines, but what a view! From there we will hike to the Presidio to the Walt Disney Family Museum. After touring the museum we will head back.

The San Francisco landmarks included in the walk are Ghirardelli Square, the Palace of Fine Arts park and Pier 39. We will see many eclectic SF neighborhoods.

I did this same hike two years ago when the Wonder was doing the California Coast cruises. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

You have fun. My herniated disk would not allow me to do this. I will wave when I go by on the bus. :wave2:

Just booked onboard activities for CaliforniaGirl09 and me. We are doing Palo brunch on Tues., Palo dinner on Thurs. and the Chinatown Walking Tour & San Francisco by Night port adventure. I also booked the Absolute Spa Ritual for me. I don't usually go to the spa on cruises, but since we have 3 sea days on this cruise, I decided to indulge. I also worked on some of our online check-in but can't choose a port arrival time until tomorrow morning. What did everyone else who was able to book tonight choose?

I booked almost the exact same things for my SIL and myself, minus the Absolute Spa Ritual, instead I did two massages.

Confused on how you could book excursions but not pick a PAT--I thought the start dates to do both were the same day. I did mine last night and got 11:00

Hello Everyone:

Sounds nice but too many stairs for me. I would have had to start training for that last year!

We are doing Alcatraz and Sausalito and then just doing whatever we want for the rest of the day. Our daughter is doing Muir woods and Sausalito. Might have to book Palo because of the 3 at sea days. Will probably book something at the spa on the Alaska cruise or after we get on board.

105 days till our adventure begins!!!!:goodvibes

I booked almost the exact same things for my SIL and myself, minus the Absolute Spa Ritual, instead I did two massages.

Confused on how you could book excursions but not pick a PAT--I thought the start dates to do both were the same day. I did mine last night and got 11:00

I think the issue was actually that we hadn't both completed our onboard account info and so it wouldn't let me go on to the next step of picking a PAT. We got it straightened out this morning.

Hello Everyone:

I am interested in the hike part, but not necessarily touring the Walt Disney Family Museum since I was there recently with my family.

Well I booked Palo dinner for Tues, and Palo brunch for Friday. I learned my lesson about doing Palo dinner the last night because you miss the last evening show and it's usually the best. We also booked the hop on hop off tour in SF. I wish I could see the Navigators though so I'd know if I'm missing something on Tues or Fri when we have Palo. :confused3 I can't seem to find them anywhere. I was also able to pick a Port time. We fly in the same morning, that plane had best be ON TIME!

We still aren't sure what is happening in Vancouver. I know we want to do Granville Island but not sure how to get there. Do we need to rent a car?

We are going to stay in Vancouver until Monday and we aren't getting a car. I'm hoping to rely on their public transportation.

So, Penny and I have never done a B2B before. I was filling out the paperwork for this cruise and wondered how it was done for a B2B. Do you disembark in Vancouver, go thru check-in again and then re-board (unless you want to spend some time in Vancouver) ?

We are doing Palo dinner on Tuesday, Sonoma Wine Tour on Wednesday and Brunch on Friday. I think Penny has booked a couple's massage on Tuesday as well.

When we took the Alaska cruise last year, we spent a day at Stanley Park. We were staying at the Pan and it was a nice walk from there.

All,

I sent an updated FE list on Feb 2.
If you didn't get one and should have gotten one please email me kew423@msn.com.

The Subject in the email really needs to have FE in it or it will probably not be opened or read.

Someone tell me about this brunch I keep reading about.

Don't watch this if you are hungry. There is a $25 charge and it is for 18 and older.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=497DBA9CDE8C4F78CFA7497DBA9CDE8C4F78CFA7

So, Penny and I have never done a B2B before. I was filling out the paperwork for this cruise and wondered how it was done for a B2B. Do you disembark in Vancouver, go thru check-in again and then re-board (unless you want to spend some time in Vancouver) ?

We have done a B2B in Port Canaveral-we left the ship, went right back up the escalator, checked in again, got new keys, waited in the concierge area and then boarded just as people were filling the terminal. We could either go and stay in our cabin or we could use the pool, walk the decks and have access to Cove Cafe. We could not be in and out of the cabin as they have the hallways blocked off and they didn't want us crossing over the ropes.

In reading trip reports where people have done a B2b in Vancouver, they had to leave the ship, go thru customs and then could either do an excursion and board later or wait a bit to get back on the ship as soon as possible. Those that went right back on the ship said that they were coralled in Cove Cafe with no other option. I am leaning more towards doing something in Vancouver, but my DH and nephew are joining us there and I kind of want to be at the ship when they arrive. So I dunno. I sure don't want to be stuck in Cove Cafe for several hours--would rather be in my own cabin.

Well I booked Palo dinner for Tues, and Palo brunch for Friday. I learned my lesson about doing Palo dinner the last night because you miss the last evening show and it's usually the best. We also booked the hop on hop off tour in SF. I wish I could see the Navigators though so I'd know if I'm missing something on Tues or Fri when we have Palo. :confused3 I can't seem to find them anywhere. I was also able to pick a Port time. We fly in the same morning, that plane had best be ON TIME!

IleneF, for quite a few of us, that will not be our last night as we are continuing on to Alaska. that being said, I do enjoy the Till We Meet Again Show very much and absolutely loved "If I Were Not Upon the Sea", but I have read they do not do that anymore on any of the ships.

As far as Navigators, I am thinking that there might not be any available to see as this is considered a special re-positioning cruise, but if there is something out there that is similiar, I would like to see them as well.

I'm dying to do the Palo brunch, but can't check in for another month :(. Hoping to get brunch any day and nursery time for my 18 month old to match :)

I'm dying to do the Palo brunch, but can't check in for another month :(. Hoping to get brunch any day and nursery time for my 18 month old to match :)

If you aren't able to book the brunch when you do your check-in, then be sure and check as soon as you board. They do hold reservations back for booking on board and people do change their schedules around and cancel.

I am interested in the hike part, but not necessarily touring the Walt Disney Family Museum since I was there recently with my family.

Hello Calfan:

Since you are interested in the hike only let me suggest this. Hike with me to the museum and then you go on your own. I will be stopping by AAA later this week and can pick up two copies of a San Francisco street map, one for each of us, so you can feel confident you can get back to the ship (I'm assuming you are a casual visitor to San Francisco, like me).

Let me know if this works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter