May 19 - 24, 2014 San Diego to Vancouver

Thnlk

DIS Veteran
Looking forward to this cruise. We start the summer with the Califonia 5 day and finish with he Panama repositioning.

Alright, I have been waiting for someone to start a thread for this sailing, but it hasn't happened yet, so I will go ahead get this going. I will be glad to keep up with those sailing and will add any links needed.

My SIL and I will be boarding the Wonder in San Diego, going on to Vancouver and then staying on for the May 24th Alaskan sailing. Since we are flying into San Diego, I hope to get lots of tips on hotels for the night(s) before, maybe a spot to pick up some wine before boarding and things to do in San Diego. I have been there, but it has been years, and I visited the zoo, the Wild Animal Park and shopped at Horton Plaza. But it has been so long that any of this would be new again to me.

So, I hope some others join me here soon.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** In case you have not seen the discussion here or on FB, this cruise will be docking at the Ballantyne Pier in Vancouver, not at Canada Place. So, if you have made transportation arrangements for Canada Place, you may need to see what your options are.

So, who is on this sailing: Updated thru April 14, 2014

While this list indicates people participating in the FE, the official list is being organized by Kew423

RweTHEREyet FE and SIL, PeeBee, B2B on May 24 Alaska sailing, Deck 7

Frodo UK and wife B2B on Alaska May 24 Alaska sailing

Tink1963 (Venetia) and Bubbagrump (Bubba)

Thnlk- Tracy & Heather, B2B on May 24 Alaska sailing

VowRenewal 13, DH, DD29 B2B on May 24 Alaska sailing FE

Scottrob and DW LuckyPenny B2B with May 24 Alaska sailing

Himmin and DH B2B B2B with May 24 Alaska sailing

N365PA and wife, Sarah (Hamm1207) B2B with May 24 Alaska sailing FE

Atheneze and DH B2B with May 24 Alaska sailing FE

RayofRedondo B2B with May 24 Alaska sailing FE

Sherri675, DH, Chad FE

Marla Hellwig and DD Kara (23)

~~~~

DisneyGirl55, DH, DS 12, B2B with May 19 Cruise to Nowhere sailing FE

~~~~

Ichute, DW, DD8, DD5

CruisingFamily4, DH, DDs 5; CruisingFamily4s sister, DH, DN6, DN5; Grandparents

taaren, DH, DS6 FE

Huney1, dh, dd (7), ds (5), and baby dd (18 months) FE

Rounderjd, DW Nicole Kristal

luvdamouse91 & DH

Kew423, Kristen, DH (Robert), (DD Alexandrya, 18) DD (Megan, 9), Mother in Law (Sharon) FE

Melhealy FE

Paula, DH (Jason), DS-18 (Quintin), DS-15 (Tristan), DS-9 (Hayden), DD-3 (Jaida) (ages during cruise) FE

funfor4, hubby, son 5, & one expected this Aug FE

Disneyland Dreamer, DH, DS(9), DD(9) FE

Calfan (Laura) and CaliforniaGirl09 (Monica)

Hedy and Mom

HeyCali,DH, DS(5), DS(2) FE

StacieRN, DH, DD(14) DS(12) FE

mainstreetmagic, dd FE

debbierudd1, DH FE

DVHTU and spouse

Jessicaerv and DH, Charles, DD Jocelyn, almost 4 FE

Lilpooh108 Granddad and DD (5)

markheardjr and wife

SRanes and GS, Ryan (6) FE

MeggyMagic and Mom, MassDisLovers FE

LadyPoo (Patty), Misti, 2 grandkids

NWMom and daughter

Twindaddy family Gina, Julia, Grace FE

Nerick8 and DH

808Mom DH, DS7 and DD5; FE parents and youngest sister; sister and BIL

TMP5 DH,DS18, DD10, DS7

SpaceCanada and DH

JMH and DS (5)

IleneF and DH, Murt; friends, Susan and Alan

Cmnbwdw1971 DH, DD(10), & DS(8); & parents

Skfields DH, DS (6), inlaws

Nicolecook DD(5), DSis, DD(6) FE

Sandyam76 DH

Momma2, DH, 3 kids

DreamsComeTrue22 Steve, Mary Jane, Sarah FE

jzortegaDH, DS (9) DD (7) DD (4),and both sets of Grandparents

HappyGeekGirl We are a crazy mixed family of 7 in 3 cabins. C1: Dad/Gpa, Mom/Gma, Sis(14) C2: Bro/Dad(31), Daughter(5) C3: Bro(29), Me-SO(29)

MyLove4Disney and daughter

navyislandMommy Hubby, DD14, DD11, DD9, DD2

twinklemeesh DD5

Happy Bulls my hubby, & 2 sons, ages 4 & 6. The boys are so excited!!!

alicefreak 11 yo, sister, parents.

3:00 PM on Embarkation Day - Promenade Lounge - Meet and Greet - See Ya There.

So where are we going:
1 San Diego, California Sail-a-way 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea
3 San Francisco, California 8:00 a.m. 9:45 p.m.
4 At Sea
5 At Sea
6 Vancouver, Canada Disembark 8:00 a.m.

Important Dates:
March 5, 2014 - Final Payment for San Diego cruise is due.

Dates for on-line check-in, excursions, Spa & Palo Dining available for San Diego cruise if final payment has been made
March 5, 2014 for first time Cruisers (75 Days prior to sailing)
February 18, 2014 for Silver CC Member (90 Days prior to sailing)
February 3, 2014 for Gold CC Members (105 Days prior to sailing)
January 19, 2014 for Platinum CC Members/Concierge (120 Days prior to sailing)

INFORMATIONAL THREADS/LINKS THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL

Info regarding transportation between Canada Place and the airport:
http://www.vancouvershuttle.ca/cruise-transfers.html

Information regarding power outlets on The Wonder:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3248035

Clickable link that shows hotels that are near the Port of San Diego:
http://hotelguides.com/attraction-maps/california/map-hotels-near-san-diego-cruise-port-ca.html

For those staying on for the Vancouver - Alaska sailing:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3064884

and about Alaskan beer: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251806

While this thread was asked of the Fantasy, I thought some of it applied to the Wonder as well:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3073393

Here is a Cruise Critic thread that appears to have lots of San Diego information. I searched San Diego and several posts came up that I plan to check out when I get the chance...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

Suggestions of what to do in San Francisco:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3097769

One person's "San Francisco in a day suggestions", from 2007, but probably still relevant:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1656345&highlight=san+francisco

I am sitting here watching a movie that takes place in San Francisco and they have shown the Golden Gate bridge several times and it made me think that in about a year we will be sailing underneath her.

We are also doing this cruise. :cool1:As a B2B with the nine day Alaska cruise.

We are Tink1963 (Venetia) and Bubbagrump (Bubba)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:

Have a great cruise!

Thnlk is Tracy and Heather. We did Alaska last September out of Seattle. We booked this cruise becuse we had been talking about going to the Napa valley. Never thought we would take a cruise to wine country.

Hi Everyone :)

We will be joining you all on this cruise also. Traveling in 3 rooms are the follow families:

Me
DH
Daughter (age 5)
Daughter (age 5) Yes, twins :)

Sister
Her Husband
Niece (age 6)
Niece (age 5)

Grandma
Grandpa

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. (1st was to Alaska July 2012, 2nd was to Western Caribbean Jan. 2013). It will be my parents 2nd Disney cruise (Although at time of sailing they will have completed 20 cruises). This will be my sisters families first cruise.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and I will hopefully get my sister signed up with the Disboards!

Hello all!

We will be joining you - and this will be the 2nd leg of a B2B (we're also booked on the "Cruise to Nowhere" on the 17th). So while those of you going on to Alaska will be doing the happy dance, I'll be crying in my Cheerios when we reach Vancouver. :sad2:

Sailing will be me, DH, and DS, 12.

This B2B will make cruises #4 and #5 - so finally GOLD status! :cheer2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

-Leslie

Hello all!

We will be joining you - and this will be the 2nd leg of a B2B (we're also booked on the "Cruise to Nowhere" on the 17th). So while those of you going on to Alaska will be doing the happy dance, I'll be crying in my Cheerios when we reach Vancouver. :sad2:

We did Alaska last year out of Seattle and enjoyed it a lot . We've always wanted to do B2B and thought about doing the 2 day also. We are doing Panama in September and decided to save the money for that.

Welcome to all the newcomers. I was beginning to think that some of us would be having the ship to ourselves. I have updated the Whose sailing thread, if I have left anyone off or have anything wrong, please correct me.

disneygirl55, aren't those B2Bs the best. We'll wave to you from the dock as we board in San Diego. Will you get off the ship to do anything in San Diego or will you reboard as quickly as you can?

We did Alaska last year out of Seattle and enjoyed it a lot . We've always wanted to do B2B and thought about doing the 2 day also. We are doing Panama in September and decided to save the money for that.

The Panama canal sailing is on my bucket list. One day...

We're booked on this cruise, too! Right now I've booked DH, DS6 (will be 7 when we sail) and me, but it might end up being just me and DS6 (and maybe a friend?).

I moved my dummy from the Spring 2013 same Repo, to the Fall 2013 West Coast Repo, and finally to this cruise and I think its going to be a keeper! Now that we're living about an hour east of SF, its easy to get to SD and home from Vancouver, and I should have more than enough vacation time racked up by then! (DH may not since he'll be moving in May, which is why he may not join us.)

I was really pleased with the price compared to the same cruise in 2013, and its right at the end of the school year so I'm hoping DS's teacher will be okay with him missing a week (Hey its only first grade, right? And it always seems that the last few weeks are just wrap up anyways.)

Wow, I'm jealous of everybody's B2B's. I wish we could afford one but next year its definitely out of the question since we just moved and have to acquire appliances and furniture for our new house. Maybe in 2016 .... *sigh*

We'll probably just go to SD for one night before, I've been fortunate to get to do a lot of tourist stuff there in the last few years since a friend of mine works for the SD Zoo and has been an excellent tour guide whenever I'm in town. :thumbsup2

I'm hoping to get a night or two in Seattle at the end ... ideally head over to Victoria for a day and night after disembarking, then ferry to Seattle for a day or two and take a flight from Seattle back home to the Bay. But that might be too ambitious, so odds are good I'll settle for just Seattle before flying home Monday and going back to work Tuesday (my work week runs Tues-Sat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter