• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

And on that note, I'm very impressed at your packing finesse since I keep having to repack our bags. Aren't the medals ridiculously heavy?

I was able to buy a beautiful shorter dress this weekend, so no gowns for me this time. But now I think I'm overpacking by bringing two formal dresses, two semi (one for Palo), another dress cuz I like it (haha), and one pair of pants with three nice tops.

Are you gals bringing that much??? I feel like it's too much, but I can't recycle four things for 14 days!

I think what you are packing sounds great! It is hard to wash the more formal attire. I bring more of the dressy clothes and less everyday clothes knowing I can do laundry :laundy:

For Champagne Girls,

I have never been part of this and am trying to learn, so. . .are we wearing tiara's and pink boa's? Anything else needed for this event. It sounds like so much fun!!!!

I am looking for the history link now. . .

For Champagne Girls,

I have never been part of this and am trying to learn, so. . .are we wearing tiara's and pink boa's? Anything else needed for this event. It sounds like so much fun!!!!

I think we are just supposed to wear pink. And Noel is bringing extra tiaras and boas if you don't have any. Right?

For Champagne Girls,

I'm not a Boa or Tiara wearing gal but I will be "pinked" out. :)

I'm not a Boa or Tiara wearing gal but I will be "pinked" out. :)

Hehehehe. . .I don't own anything pink, tiara's or boa's. Figured I hit the dollar store or hit up my friends with little girls to see what I could come up with.

Are you gals bringing that much??? I feel like it's too much, but I can't recycle four things for 14 days!
15 dresses pack! Well 14 since one I am wearing on Sunday!

Stevie, which kind of Kilt Wearer are you? Do you or Don't know (and you know what I mean :) )
So last time I was in Scotland, I got somewhat tipsy( and by somewhat, I mean hammered!) and started asking guys this question and then the following day discovered the photographic proofs on my camera. My Scotish friends have never invited me back for New Year's for some reason? I just don't understand why?:confused3

I have also been busy planning a random Disney trip in September that came up like 4 days ago. I wanted to do the 2 day cruise on the new Magic in Ocotber and we reserved our room but somehow everyone else decided on a just Disney trip, I finally caved when they promised me they would pay for me to dive in the living seas and do the Safari Adevnture thing in Animal Kingdom. Now my nephew (age 10) really wants to get Jr. PADI certifed so I need to find some money to pay for that before September. I spend today figuring out dining.

FE Lists and updated cabins that have been assigned if anyone missed any previous posts about this -- please click on the link Sarah sent via PM on DIS to see your updated spreadsheet if you haven't already. :) A few more stateroom numbers are needed if these can please PM me or post here:

Daisy - all complete
Donald #1 - the monkeylady is needed (Tracy)
Goofy - all complete
Mickey - all complete
Minnie - all complete
Pluto - all complete
Walt - need AashleySEG

binkytell is on her flight Wednesday to Houston to board the Magic on Friday -- so I am filling in the last stateroom numbers as they come to the Google doc link she sent out a while back :) By clicking on the link she sent out previously, it will show you the most updated list.

As a reminder, padalyn will have the markerboard at the 3:00 meet-and-greet at Promenade in case anyone has last-minute changes or upgrades. You'll want to cross-check your list for those. :thumbsup2

Hehehehe. . .I don't own anything pink, tiara's or boa's. Figured I hit the dollar store or hit up my friends with little girls to see what I could come up with.

I'm not a girlie-girl... but bought a $3 pink tshirt at Hobby Lobby and a $4 boa using the mobile 40% off coupon (that lost about half it's feathers due to a 2-year-old in the shopping basket...). Borrowing my kindergartener's tiara that is 100% plastic. :thumbsup2 And flip flops ;)

I will be back at my home this coming Sat. - then I can really stress about packing for both the cruise and the following 3 weeks in Europe. Plus I've got a lot of loose ends to finish so it will be a really hectic week - did I mention that I'm now having insomnia !!! Can't wait to embark on the Magic !!!!!!!

I'm not a girlie-girl... but bought a $3 pink tshirt at Hobby Lobby and a $4 boa using the mobile 40% off coupon (that lost about half it's feathers due to a 2-year-old in the shopping basket...). Borrowing my kindergartener's tiara that is 100% plastic. :thumbsup2 And flip flops ;)

Have a few extra boas and tiaras, first come, first serve!

Wow, you are on top of it all!
She really is :goodvibes

Dee,

I asked my better half and she informs me that some people do wear Tiara's on formal night, however I don't, I just wear a skirt.:rotfl2:
:love:

We were there for the Military Tattoo! What a great experience that was!:goodvibes
My husband has a military tattoo :rotfl2:. Different kind, I know.

I've been doing everything EXCEPT what I ought. Instead of thinking about THIS trip that begins in 9 days, I'm tweaking travel plans in Jan/Feb and June 2014! :rolleyes: (Okay - I really don't want to exercise, either! :teeth:)
:rolleyes1

One more thing...we can prepay for gratuities once we board, right? Forgot to do that, too!
I prepaid ours ::yes::. I did it back when I was getting 5% on all Disney purchases, so I paid for everything that I could :rotfl:

Stevie, which kind of Kilt Wearer are you? Do you or Don't know (and you know what I mean :) )
:rotfl2:

I dread packing ... not quite sure how to pack for a 2 week cruise, then 8 days of a fairly rugged Ireland tour (surely there is an REI in Dublin?), then 10 days "exploring" either London, Scotland, Norway or Austria? Guess I'd better figure it out REALLY QUICK!

But ... I *do* plan on packing one floor length and one cocktail gown :-)

And of course my tiara, which I intend to don while in an Irish pub!

All into a 27.5" suitcase and one carry on .... I see a game of Tetris in the near future.
:worship:

So last time I was in Scotland, I got somewhat tipsy( and by somewhat, I mean hammered!) and started asking guys this question and then the following day discovered the photographic proofs on my camera.
:lmao:

So far I have 6 cocktail dresses with another 2 as maybes with 2 3/4 length trousers and 7 tops all laid out always take too much. Spare bedroom looks like a jumble sale ttxx

You all are going to be sooo disappointed when you see me. I'm taking a pair of black dress pants with a few different shirts and about 5 daytime outfits. We will be sending our laundry out & you will be seeing me in the same clothes.

You all are going to be sooo disappointed when you see me. I'm taking a pair of black dress pants with a few different shirts and about 5 daytime outfits. We will be sending our laundry out & you will be seeing me in the same clothes.
I'm a forgetful person, so I won't remember if I've seen your outfits before ;). You can hang out with me and feel new each day :rotfl:

I'm a forgetful person, so I won't remember if I've seen your outfits before ;). You can hang out with me and feel new each day :rotfl:

Great plan! I'll take you up on that! Maybe you'll forget how many ice cream cones I eat too he he he

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter