May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Just opened the list to print out with all the room numbers and noticed ours in wrong. MAZA and myself are in 5638, not 5636. Ok it;s next door and I am sure you will work out which one it is by the door decorations, but just in case I thought I better let you know.
Dave

Just opened the list to print out with all the room numbers and noticed ours in wrong. MAZA and myself are in 5638, not 5636. Ok it;s next door and I am sure you will work out which one it is by the door decorations, but just in case I thought I better let you know.
Dave

I will update spreadsheet now. Thanks for letting us know :)

Gosh, its been chatty on here today!

Haven't done much cruise stuff for a few days, been working solid except Monday. Had the weirdest day at work today, ended up in a fight with someone (don't worry, I'm a police officer, not some kind of thug who goes out looking for fights! :rotfl:).

You might not think a police officer getting in a fight is weird but it is for me - I deal with frauds, no-one ever kicks off, and it is probably about 8 years since I last got involved in anything like this. Anyway, fighting and pepper spraying someone who picked up a knife was not my ideal start to the day, although it certainly made it go faster. I do not wish a repeat of it, thats for sure - I'm quite happy in my "boring" office role!

Tomorrow will be a quieter day as I have a hospital appointent in London, so will be missing most of my work day! :thumbsup2 I'm going to pick up a load of London underground maps for anyone that wants one (slightly embarassed to say that I didn't write down previously the cabin numbers of those who did so you might want to send me a message!).

After tomorrow I have 4 days off (hooray!) so will be packing and generally getting everything organised. :)

I'll forget your ice cream cones as long as you pretend you don't see me making my afternoon chicken finger raids!! :rotfl:
:thumbsup2
I haven't had the chicken fingers...yet! My current weakness is Mickey ice cream bars.
My husband almost cried eating his last one on our last cruise. He and one of my daughters has them every night. We even asked for a few in the wrappers and took those home and my husband framed them.
:lmao:
Day one tip,

All of the talk of packing reminds me of a little tip. One of the first things I do is to take out the items needing pressed for formal night and hand them to the stateroom host. It's half the cost of washing and takes the hassle out of waiting for the iron on formal night. They are generally returned on the morning of formal night.

I will be enroute in the air 7 days today
We did it the hard way on our first cruise and followed your advice, given to us by someone else, on our second cruise. And just an FYI for everyone, the dry cleaning fees are VERY reasonable. We ended up having DH's suit cleaned on the cruise for cheaper than having it done here at home.

It's pretty funny, because I never wear dresses "IRL". Because I am always on the floor with kids, I wear pants to work. We rarely go out to dinner at fancy places (save our money for vacations instead!), and there really isn't anywhere to wear formal gowns in Hawaii, so going on a cruise is pretty much the only time I wear them.

I will take notes and see how you girls do it!
I could have written your post. I have a few things that I bought for our last cruise that I haven't worn since! I just never wear dresses :confused3. But I have a few sundresses and am looking forward to wearing them again.

Secret Mickey.

Everybody should have the stateroom number from his/her Secret Mickey.

If this isn't the case email me!!!

Please keep in mind that from now on i'm on vacation so i won't check internet as much as i do at home ;-)

Tomorrow morning we leave for WDW!!!

I'm going to pick up a load of London underground maps for anyone that wants one (slightly embarassed to say that I didn't write down previously the cabin numbers of those who did so you might want to send me a message!).

If you come to the meet and greet, I can just get it there. :thumbsup2 In fact, I think I will be manning the station that you will come to for your name badge. Thanks again for picking some up!

Secret Mickey.

Everybody should have the stateroom number from his/her Secret Mickey.

If this isn't the case email me!!!

Please keep in mind that from now on i'm on vacation so i won't check internet as much as i do at home ;-)

Tomorrow morning we leave for WDW!!!

have a great trip! see you soon :)

Hi all,

Are any of you going directly to the Barcelona airport after disembarkation? Are you using the Disney transfer or doing a private car/shuttle? If the latter, which company are you going with and how much do they charge for an adult? child? Was thinking of booking BCN Travel, but thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

thanks,
Teri :)

Hi all,

Are any of you going directly to the Barcelona airport after disembarkation? Are you using the Disney transfer or doing a private car/shuttle? If the latter, which company are you going with and how much do they charge for an adult? child? Was thinking of booking BCN Travel, but thought I'd ask for recommendations first.

thanks,

DH & I are heading straight to the airport. We booked with Barcelona Airport Transfers for $165. The price is crazy high, but their reviews are good. We have an early flight (11:20 am) and I didn't want to risk DCL transfers. (We used DCL in L.A. after the Hawaii cruise and the bus left 1 1/2 hours late).

We frequently travel with a lovely bunch of ladies and everyone has "crack" chicken fingers in the afternoon. It IS a long time between lunch and second seating.

Serious question, for those folks using a car service, what time did you tell them to pick you up?

Which car service are you using?

I think I'll call our hotel and have them arrange it. Last time we were in Barcelona, the Hilton made the arrangements for traveling to the airport.

We are using Barcelona Days tours to pick us up at 8:30 AM at the pier.

Hi all,

thanks,

We are using Barcelona Day Tours to our hotel. They charged 59 Euros for 4 large suitcases and 2 carry ons. Hope that helps.

:thumbsup2
My husband almost cried eating his last one on our last cruise. He and one of my daughters has them every night. We even asked for a few in the wrappers and took those home and my husband framed them.
:lmao:
We did it the hard way on our first cruise and followed your advice, given to us by someone else, on our second cruise. And just an FYI for everyone, the dry cleaning fees are VERY reasonable. We ended up having DH's suit cleaned on the cruise for cheaper than having it done here at home.

My Hubby counts how many Mickey Ice Cream Bars he eats a day and averages about 4 a day. He actully keeps a counter! And then at the end of the trip, he calculates how much money he consumed in Mickey bars (cost in parks of $4) and then gets very pleased with himself.

The cost of dry cleaning is so much cheaper on the ship than it is here, I have about 6 dresses that need to be dry cleaned that I am bringing for that reason. I will get them sent out the first day with hubby's stuff and then do them again before we leave if they need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZFaJy-XsA&feature=player_embedded

Here is a video that someone took while on the tobbogan ride in Maderia. When we did it I don't remember them ever getting off and pulling the tobbogan. At times they did slow down, when we were passing a car. I don't speak German but I don't think the lady was saying she wanted to get in line to do it again. I would not have missed it and if you get the chance you shouldn't either.

My Hubby counts how many Mickey Ice Cream Bars he eats a day and averages about 4 a day. He actully keeps a counter! And then at the end of the trip, he calculates how much money he consumed in Mickey bars (cost in parks of $4) and then gets very pleased with himself.

The cost of dry cleaning is so much cheaper on the ship than it is here, I have about 6 dresses that need to be dry cleaned that I am bringing for that reason. I will get them sent out the first day with hubby's stuff and then do them again before we leave if they need it.
:rotfl:

BTW I reread my post and it sounds as if we framed the Mickey Bars. We only framed the wrappers :lmao:

Hi all,

thanks,

We did the EBTA cruise two years ago and used the Disney transfers. They had a bus at 7:00 for all the early flight departures. We originally didn't book because our flight left at 10:45. Once onboard, we inquired about getting ground transfers to the airport. That's when they told us they had two buses, one for the earlier flights and one for the later flights. We booked the early bus and had plenty of time for processing at the airport. I am assuming they are doing the same thing this time, as we were allowed to book transfers through Disney again this time.

Debbru said:
DH & I are heading straight to the airport. We booked with Barcelona Airport Transfers for $165. The price is crazy high, but their reviews are good. We have an early flight (11:20 am) and I didn't want to risk DCL transfers. (We used DCL in L.A. after the Hawaii cruise and the bus left 1 1/2 hours late).

I was hoping to share a cab with someone :-) just go and flag one down. Is that naive? Should I be planning for this? I always take my own bag off of the ship so I wont have to search for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZFaJy-XsA&feature=player_embedded

Here is a video that someone took while on the tobbogan ride in Maderia. When we did it I don't remember them ever getting off and pulling the tobbogan. At times they did slow down, when we were passing a car. I don't speak German but I don't think the lady was saying she wanted to get in line to do it again. I would not have missed it and if you get the chance you shouldn't either.

Thanks for the video! I just watched it with my 4 year old - she kept asking "what keeps them safe - are they wearing seat belts ? " She was so concerned with the people's safety - then she says she needs to go to Madeira and do that. At least Kate is now excited to go to Madeira!

Lauri

Thanks for the video! I just watched it with my 4 year old - she kept asking "what keeps them safe - are they wearing seat belts ? " She was so concerned with the people's safety - then she says she needs to go to Madeira and do that. At least Kate is now excited to go to Madeira!

Lauri

Glad you enjoyed it. Are you taking the tram up to the top? The children should enjoy that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter