May 16th, 2013 - 3 Night Dream

Most door magnets people make and hang themselves however some ppl also give them as FE gifts also. I have gotten some nice ones that had my name on them! I've also gotten things that represented the state the ppl were from. Can koozies, magnets ect.

Thanks Ashley.
Question about the actual fish extender. I'm assuming I need to make that as well. Are there rules/ guidelines?

Not that I am aware of. You can buy any cute door organizer or make one! You can buy them on eBay also but not sure if u have time to get it in mail now or not!

This a tutorial I found online if you actually want to attempt to make your own fish extender. I cannot post a link so search for:

One Crafty Mama Fish Extender

We took magnets to decorate our door on our last Disney Cruise. My children made magnets with their pictures on them since they were not on the actual cruise with us! Makes it easier for little ones to recognize they are getting close to your cabin on those long hallways. We decorate our hotel room window at Disney as well for those same reasons. :)

Not that I am aware of. You can buy any cute door organizer or make one! You can buy them on eBay also but not sure if u have time to get it in mail now or not!

Ebay and Etsy has quite a few. Some offer quick turn around if you elect not to make changes or get embroidery, etc...

Hi everyone. We are super excited about our first ever Disney Cruise. I am traveling with my husband, 6 year old daughter, and mom. We also have friends traveling with us. I have been reading threads for a year now but just decided to join. We would love to participate in the FE but it looks like what I have been reading noone has organized it. I would love to but think I should sit this one out since I really dont even completley understand it. PLease let me know because I know both our party's would love to participate.

Thanks
Katrina

Hi everyone. We are super excited about our first ever Disney Cruise. I am traveling with my husband, 6 year old daughter, and mom. We also have friends traveling with us. I have been reading threads for a year now but just decided to join. We would love to participate in the FE but it looks like what I have been reading noone has organized it. I would love to but think I should sit this one out since I really dont even completley understand it. PLease let me know because I know both our party's would love to participate.

Thanks
Katrina

Hi Katrina, you can't possibly be as new as me, but I'm doing it! :scared: I figured, I might as well start now and hope for the best. I'm assuming most people taking part in the FE are just happy to be a part of something special. I know I'm not capable of making anything extravagant as I am il-crafty-literate. :rolleyes1 I am just trying to make the trip special for my daughter. Ultimately, it's all up to you, but you'll probably kick yourself for not starting earlier.

So, from a beginner's point of view, get a Fish Extender. This can be as simple as a drawstring bag that you can hang to the Fish ornament in the hallway. (I went to Etsy dot com and ordered one from JoleesPockets.) Next, make or buy something small to give to each participating stateroom. (again, as simple as you want to make it. If I buy something, I'm just going to attach a note from us to make it a little personal). Then look forward to going back to your stateroom to see the little goodies you get. That's it!

Don't let the over achiever's discourage you. Just be glad that they're out there to give you some guidance. Only 21 more days! Woo Hoo!

I am game if both (ashleysm23 & Steven888) of you are!!!!! Not a lot of time but I am always up for a little extra Disney Magic!!! :hyper:

I can PM some of the earlier folks to see if any are still interested.

Do both of you have your stateroom/cabin numbers?

We could possibly do cabin gifts and each take a night, yes??

Our family will have two cabins. :thumbsup2

And my daughter and husband are planning to do the 5k and are trying to strong arm me into walking it. I keep telling them it's a VAY-CAY-SHUN and that sounds like WORK!

I know I don't know anything, but if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I manage over 150 employees so I hope I've learned something in all these years. :thanks:

So is someone in charge... And do we know how many family's there are? I would be game. The other mom traveling with me is interested also. We could do something per cabin, but not sure how many there are total?
Katrina

I have my daughter working on a Google doc to enter the needed info!!! We've been checking out some other threads to see what we need!!! :p

If you would like to participate please private message me the following info ASAP so we can have the most of these last 3 weeks possible to get some things together (borrowed some info from a couple)!!!! YAY!!!!!! I am really getting excited!!!!!

Please private message me the following:
Disboard name
stateroom(s) number
#of adults in stateroom
adult names
# of kids in stateroom
kids names, ages, and sex of child
allergies/conditions
celebrations
1st Disney cruise is also noted

for example, my entry looks like this:
5spens XXXX XXXX (hid cabin #'s) 5 Kathy(40), Paul(43), Linda(65), Sam(22F), Lea(20F) 1 Nick (13M) graduations & 1st cruise ever for some!!!
But in a google doc spreadsheet.

In the past, there have not been many rules and it has worked well.
We agreed to do a family stateroom gift and there are usually no delivery dates/times as long as you give everyone enough time to get their fish extenders up and probably by the afternoon before disembarkment so people will have enough time to pack it up. But as we have only a few families participating, and would like to get some goodies each day, would you like to pick a specific day to deliver (16, 17, or 18) or do we want to each do one cabin gift/goody bag, etc.. per day??? We are fine with either way! :rotfl: Otherwise, deliver your gift(s) whenever is convenient for you.

Please let me know so we can get the list ready and to everyone right away!

I know I don't know anything, but if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I manage over 150 employees so I hope I've learned something in all these years. :thanks:

Thanks so much!!! And same to you, if you have any other questions I might be able to help with! :beach:

So is someone in charge... And do we know how many family's there are? I would be game. The other mom traveling with me is interested also. We could do something per cabin, but not sure how many there are total?
Katrina

I am trying to get the list together!!! Counting those that have recently discussed participating there are roughly about 10 cabins. That is if all are still interested!!!
We are looking forward to giving out some treats while on our family cruise!!!

In the past, there have not been many rules and it has worked well.
We agreed to do a family stateroom gift and there are usually no delivery dates/times as long as you give everyone enough time to get their fish extenders up and probably by the afternoon before disembarkment so people will have enough time to pack it up. But as we have only a few families participating, and would like to get some goodies each day, would you like to pick a specific day to deliver (16, 17, or 18) or do we want to each do one cabin gift/goody bag, etc.. per day??? We are fine with either way! :rotfl: Otherwise, deliver your gift(s) whenever is convenient for you.

Please let me know so we can get the list ready and to everyone right away!

hey Kathy, I, in part am posting this to reach my 10 minimum posts, so that I can PM you. Dang restrictions. :headache: But wanted to throw in my two cents. I really think that stateroom gifts are the best option considering how limited in time we all have. I don't mind at all giving a gift per day! Yes, it makes for more goodies and magic. I guess we should leave it to the majority choice. I am fine either way.

I am trying to get the list together!!! Counting those that have recently discussed participating there are roughly about 10 cabins. That is if all are still interested!!!
We are looking forward to giving out some treats while on our family cruise!!!

Are we currently looking at 10 staterooms? Do we have a cut off date for signing up for the FE? I'd hate to forget someone if they signed up really late.

Ok I can't pm until I get at least 10 posts:

We are interested still. I will try to send you all the info. Are we looking at doing a small gift per room or per person, especially with kids. So for example: my parents would only need one gift for their room, but as for my cabin it might be nice to have a small gift for each of my kids 2 of them) as they vary in age. Just a thought????

@bmgrant, start posting away!
Honestly, for my family, I really only care about getting little gifts for my daughter. I'm used to getting neglected. ;)

For me, if I see small children in the group, i will try to leave something extra for them. This is going to be fun!

Speaking for my family, we are planning a cabin gift per night (16th, 17th, & 18th). Said gift might be a baggie of some goodies you left at home, a craft we have made, or something we have found to be helpful on a previous cruise that you might find helpful as well. If there are children in your group, we will include a couple little goodies just for them. As we are getting so close we don't want it to be too complicated that it keeps people from participating. And we had a couple of groups show interest that only included adults. While most adults won't care what they receive, we cannot leave out those that don't have little ones. Please don't let my comments discourage you. This can easily be accomplished. Everyone loves gum! I already mentioned boxes of easy candy for the movie theater! That would be great for all ages! Who doesn't like to blow bubbles? A foam squishy ball can be fun for a whole group!
I hope no one takes offense at how simple I have implied this can be. I just wanted to make sure anyone who wants to participate will feel comfortable with whatever they provide!!!!

My oldest has informed me that her cabin gifts will have a theme... :rolleyes1

Are we currently looking at 10 staterooms? Do we have a cut off date for signing up for the FE? I'd hate to forget someone if they signed up really late.

Thus far yours is the only pm I have received. I believe needing to have replied to at least 10 posts is not only keeping me from getting messages from some but also keeping them from receiving the messages I have sent.

As for a cut-off---I would like to give a couple of days for others to see we are indeed organizing but would like to say no later than maybe this Sunday evening (April 28th)? That way I can get the list to everyone by Monday morning!!!

Thanks so much!!!! Now to get all the fun ideas out of my head and into some Fish Extenders!!!!

Well I am almost at my 10 posts, so I should be able to pm you soon. I agree with the Sunday deadline, cause I would like to know so I can start putting tags together. It's going to be quite busy at my work in the coming weeks as we celebrate nurses' week.

Sorry guys... Super busy day and didn't have a chance to log on til 11pm. I was the chairman of my daughters school silent auction today. Anyway... We definitely want to participate. We have two families in two separate staterooms. I will pm you all the info now. EXCITED!! Thanks for taking charge!
Katrina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter