May 16th, 2013 - 3 Night Dream

We will be cruising for our first time. We were interested in the fe. It will be myself, husband, DS10, DD8. Can't wait!

Well congrats on graduating. I know nursing school is hard and I started with my Associates and finished up with my NSN last year...so I know you will complete your RN, even if it takes time. This is our 3rd DCL, but first time doing the FE, how do we know everyone that is participating, is there another thread?

Me
DH: Ryan
DS6: Matthew (autistic)
DS1: Zachary

And we are bringing my parents (1st time cruisers) in an connecting state room:

Mom: Joan
Dad: Ben

Thanks and so excited!!!!!

:wave2: Hi everyone! I have clients who will be cruising with you all. They are first timers and not really "Disney" knowledgeable. I am including a fish extender as a gift and was wondering if any of you would be able to help me out:

Here is a little about them: Don & Shelia are taking their son, Christopher, who is disabled. He has a disorder that only ONE other person in the world has! He wasn't supposed to live past childhood, but is now 22 and going strong, even though he has several health problems still. He is in a wheelchair and has a feeding tube.

Here is how I need your help:
1) If you see them around the ship, please give extra special attention to them (especially Christopher).
2) If you would like to, drop off a few gifts for them as a surprise that would be GREAT! They would love that so much.. (if you would like, I can send you a few things to leave for them)
3) You seasoned sailers, if you run into them, please make sure they are having a good time and know what is going on around them..
4) Christopher has always wanted to go to a "club" since he is over 21 now and it is wheelchair accessible, so we are sending him to Skylines- a) would this be the best place to send him for a "tame" experience?

I know I sound like an overprotective Travel Agent, but I just want them to have the most magical time ever! I have already contacted Special Services to make sure they are aware of the situation also.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! :worship: Thanks so much! :) :thumbsup2

Hi everyone

I just booked our family on this trip

Is there a FE going on? If so can someone PM all the details and such

Me; Christina
DH: Sean
4 yr old twins Gabby & Jerome

Hi everyone, this will be our first Disney cruise, with me, my wife, and my 4.5 year old daughter, sailing 5/16. We are so excited. I just joined this forum to find out some info on pillowcases and photo mats. OMG, there is soon much info. I just found out about Fish extenders, although truthfully, I still don't know if I understand it all. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope we run into some nice people on this cruise. Please throw suggestions our way. We are open to everything!

Me: Steven
Wife: Kim
DD: Katie, 4.5 yrs

Our family will be on the Dream for this cruise as well. I see lots of interest in the FE but I haven't seen any recent comments from the person that started this thread. Has anyone received a message? Is anyone else interested in getting this FE together? While I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about all pertaining to WDW, and having cruised with DCL before, I however have not participated in a FE before. I would like to participate on this cruise but my count of those interested in previous posts seemed to be (not including my family) around 30+ adults and 23+ children. Roughly 21+ rooms. Is this a high number?

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream for the 2nd time (also had one cruise on RC). We made this exact trip at the same time last year SOLO!!! It was WONDERFUL!!! Decided to bring the whole family this time and to celebrate our oldest daughter graduating from college!!! And this will be the first cruise for everyone else!

Kathy-40 :rolleyes1 (Gluten allergy)
DH-Paul-43 :cool2:
DM-Linda (or you can call her Meemaw)
DD-Sam-22 :wizard: (the soon-to-be college grad)
DS-Nick-13 :3dglasses
DD-Lea-20 (autistic) princess:

Our family will be on the Dream for this cruise as well. I see lots of interest in the FE but I haven't seen any recent comments from the person that started this thread. Has anyone received a message? Is anyone else interested in getting this FE together? While I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about all pertaining to WDW, and having cruised with DCL before, I however have not participated in a FE before. I would like to participate on this cruise but my count of those interested in previous posts seemed to be (not including my family) around 30+ adults and 23+ children. Roughly 21+ rooms. Is this a high number?

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream for the 2nd time (also had one cruise on RC). We made this exact trip at the same time last year SOLO!!! It was WONDERFUL!!! Decided to bring the whole family this time and to celebrate our oldest daughter graduating from college!!! And this will be the first cruise for everyone else!

Kathy-40 :rolleyes1 (Gluten allergy)
DH-Paul-43 :cool2:
DM-Linda (or you can call her Meemaw)
DD-Sam-22 :wizard: (the soon-to-be college grad)
DS-Nick-13 :3dglasses
DD-Lea-20 (autistic) princess:

My friend and I have done several cruises and did the FE when we brought my children. This is a high number in my opinion unless u do cabin gifts vs individual gifts. I thought the FE was awesome and we cherish all our little trinkets. I wish I could help get it together but I just done have time. I have a 13 week old baby and working OT at our hospital bc we r shirt staffed. However if anyone is interested I could help!

Not much longer now till we set sail!! Everyone in our party had been on a cruise except my husband. This is his fittest. This will however be everyone else's first DCL cruise and I can't wait for them to experience the Disney magic!!

Hi all, Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a FE anyway? I get the general idea of it. Correct me if I'm wrong. Everyone on a list makes little gifts for everyone else and leaves it on their stateroom door? Gifts are craft made? The purpose of it is to connect people who otherwise would be travelling alone? What are the specifics? I'm not very crafty, nor is my wife, but I want to make this trip as exciting as possible for my daughter. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Steven

My understanding of Fish Extenders is that you put any little treats (purchased or crafts made yourself) you want in the bags hanging from the note holder (a fish) outside of each cabin. It could be a one time treat or a daily treat. You would need to know the cabins each participating member is in, as well as appr. ages of those traveling, to do a treat accordingly. For example, you may not want to leave eye patches and tattoos for an all adult party (although no one in our group would mind getting them). I have read about others getting magnets (for cabin doors), little scrapbooks, foods specific to their hometowns, essentials they might need but not thought to bring (first aid, note pads, etc...), or bubbles, stickers, and the like for little ones. There is no specific dollar amount and I have read where some have gone over the top for their treat (embroidered bags or pillowcases, mesh totes for beach day, special magnets from college alma maters, etc...). I would think as we are so close to cruise time a cabin treat would be best!! The only part I am not sure of is how the exchange of information is made (cabin numbers, etc...) and if a meet & greet is always part of this exchange (and how that is set up). :confused3

My understanding of Fish Extenders is that you put any little treats (purchased or crafts made yourself) you want in the bags hanging from the note holder (a fish) outside of each cabin. It could be a one time treat or a daily treat. You would need to know the cabins each participating member is in, as well as appr. ages of those traveling, to do a treat accordingly. For example, you may not want to leave eye patches and tattoos for an all adult party (although no one in our group would mind getting them). I have read about others getting magnets (for cabin doors), little scrapbooks, foods specific to their hometowns, essentials they might need but not thought to bring (first aid, note pads, etc...), or bubbles, stickers, and the like for little ones. There is no specific dollar amount and I have read where some have gone over the top for their treat (embroidered bags or pillowcases, mesh totes for beach day, special magnets from college alma maters, etc...). I would think as we are so close to cruise time a cabin treat would be best!! The only part I am not sure of is how the exchange of information is made (cabin numbers, etc...) and if a meet & greet is always part of this exchange (and how that is set up). :confused3

In my experience those who wanted did have a meet and greet but usually we have all been talking several months. This thread died out for a while :(
As far as getting it together someone usually collects all the info of those participating (cabin numbers, names, ages) and puts it in a spread sheet. Then it gets emailed or PM'ed to those participating a few weeks in advanced.
We are soo ready for our vacation!!! Anyone going the 5k on castaway cay?
Ashley

Thanks for the added info, but now I'm even MORE confused. lol.
If this thread is dead, is there another thread that I am not aware of? I guess it may be too late to participate anyway, but still making an effort.

I am game if both (ashleysm23 & Steven888) of you are!!!!! Not a lot of time but I am always up for a little extra Disney Magic!!! :hyper:

I can PM some of the earlier folks to see if any are still interested.

Do both of you have your stateroom/cabin numbers?

We could possibly do cabin gifts and each take a night, yes??

Our family will have two cabins. :thumbsup2

And my daughter and husband are planning to do the 5k and are trying to strong arm me into walking it. I keep telling them it's a VAY-CAY-SHUN and that sounds like WORK!

Thanks for the added info, but now I'm even MORE confused. lol.
If this thread is dead, is there another thread that I am not aware of? I guess it may be too late to participate anyway, but still making an effort.

I can give you some ideas/examples if you would like! Even a box or two of movie theater treats (Junior Mints, Gummy Bears, Dots, Twizzlers, Goobers, etc..) to take to movie night or one of the shows would be a SUPER find in the FE!!!!! :)

I am game if both (ashleysm23 & Steven888) of you are!!!!! Not a lot of time but I am always up for a little extra Disney Magic!!! :hyper:

I can PM some of the earlier folks to see if any are still interested.

Do both of you have your stateroom/cabin numbers?

We could possibly do cabin gifts and each take a night, yes??

Our family will have two cabins. :thumbsup2

And my daughter and husband are planning to do the 5k and are trying to strong arm me into walking it. I keep telling them it's a VAY-CAY-SHUN and that sounds like WORK!

I completely understand about VAY-CAY-SHUN! I run a health club and the last thing I want to do is run!

I'm game! But I'm leaning on you to give me some direction.:confused3

I have to double check, but I believe my room is #7016. We are traveling with another family, but do not know if they would participate. Unfortunately, they are vacationing in China right now and I can't get in touch with them. My best guess is, they won't because of the limited time.

Yes. Count me in. Ill get u my info today. We also have another party so ill see if they are game!

I really want to do the 5k but I just had a baby and haven't ran in 9 mths! Just starting back and can't decide... I know sometimes it is really hot by 9 am!!

I can give you some ideas/examples if you would like! Even a box or two of movie theater treats (Junior Mints, Gummy Bears, Dots, Twizzlers, Goobers, etc..) to take to movie night or one of the shows would be a SUPER find in the FE!!!!! :)

That is a great idea! Are there microwaves in the stateroom, for popcorn? Any other ideas? I'd hate to disappoint with only one option. Sorry to be so dependent. I'll get the hang of this eventually.

One other question? Are those decorations for the stateroom doors part of the FE or are they just decorations done by the room occupants? The ones I'm talking about are the Mickey ears that are placed around the room number circle. I think my daughter would love seeing it on the door.

Most door magnets people make and hang themselves however some ppl also give them as FE gifts also. I have gotten some nice ones that had my name on them! I've also gotten things that represented the state the ppl were from. Can koozies, magnets ect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter