May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
videogal1 said:
Yes, France...I think I'll maybe take a train to Paris and visit DLP again....It depends on how many Service Dogs I have with me...

Hi Lynda (and everyone) :wave2: ,

Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP. Harry has never been to Europe. I was at DLP for my 50th in 2000, so looking forward to seeing the new park and showing Harry around Paris before we fly home.

Do I understand correctly that you have a service dog in training :teacher: as well as Cash now? Will you be teaching this one to read, also? Cash "wow"ed us at the talent show last time we cruised together!

BethE

Sorry, I did not mean to step on anyone toes. I simply started a thread with the list on the first page. Simply stating board name, dining and stateroom catagory or number that was already posted. If you do not wish to have your name there, than let me know and I will remove it. This morning I added to the bottom of the first post titles for the Ports of Call. So that as people find useful information they would like to share with everyone, I could then add what post number it is. With the summer just around the corner and people take vacations or new cruisers join, there could be lots of pages to catch up on. I am willing to try and keep this up to date as best I can. We all know how long the threads get as the months pass by. It would not doing anyone any good if the information is not found as the first post but, found on page 6 of the thread. Please forgive me if I have hurt anyones feelings, I only tried to make it a little easier.

Have a Magical Day!

Tinkerbel129 said:
Sorry, I did not mean to step on anyone toes. I simply started a thread with the list on the first page. Simply stating board name, dining and stateroom catagory or number that was already posted. If you do not wish to have your name there, than let me know and I will remove it. This morning I added to the bottom of the first post titles for the Ports of Call. So that as people find useful information they would like to share with everyone, I could then add what post number it is. With the summer just around the corner and people take vacations or new cruisers join, there could be lots of pages to catch up on. I am willing to try and keep this up to date as best I can. We all know how long the threads get as the months pass by. It would not doing anyone any good if the information is not found as the first post but, found on page 6 of the thread. Please forgive me if I have hurt anyones feelings, I only tried to make it a little easier.

Have a Magical Day!

Hi Lori

No mashed toes here - just my opinion. Keeping track of everything is a big job. Thanks for taking it on.

Ken

kpros said:
Off the first page already - can't have that.

I noticed that we seem to have 2 lists going. I would suggest that we go with a more private list like Debbie is willing to setup and not the public list in the other thread.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

agree, agree, agree
:love:

Perhaps group activity stuff like lists of people wishing to do Palo Brunch, Palo, regular dinners, or excursions together would be easier to find and manage on a public list and private stuff...sailaway stuff, small group lists, weight loss/gain records, etc on the private list?...So much to do...So little time...
Who is organizing Palo Brunch?
or tea?
Group Surial? :rotfl2:

EpcotKilterFan said:
Well I think I have the cruise roster page figured out! Thanks to some friends that are far smarter than I :rotfl2:

So if you would like to be included in the cruise roster for the Eastbound Repo Cruise please PM me with the following:

DIS board name
First Name - Relationship - and age (or something close to the age ;) ) for all of those in the cabin
Hometown
Stateroom number
Dining
You may include a photo if you would like I will send you an e-mail address in the PM for the photo if you would like it included.

This list will be updated as best as I can. You are under no obligation to be included on the list. It is just a fun way to see who is cruising and to get to know everyone! :banana: :grouphug:

I will keep the link in my signature and if there is going to be a "master" list of activities it can be placed there.

Hopefully in a few days we will have quite a list!

Debbie

For which ever or what ever list:
Carolyn (39 and holding) DW
Alex 53
Lake Mary, FL
First dining

And we are crazy enough to be on the first Med cruise as well.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: Alex

BethE said:
Hi Lynda (and everyone) :wave2: ,

Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP. Harry has never been to Europe. I was at DLP for my 50th in 2000, so looking forward to seeing the new park and showing Harry around Paris before we fly home.

Do I understand correctly that you have a service dog in training :teacher: as well as Cash now? Will you be teaching this one to read, also? Cash "wow"ed us at the talent show last time we cruised together!

BethE

Hi Beth...

Ooo, The DIS does Paris....I like the sound of that...I haven't seen Paris since my month-long European fling for my 50th "several" years ago...Time to do it again...Wonder if I have the stamina...sigh...

It will be a while before Little Bee does any real fancy stuff but, maybe, if I can iron out the logistics of bringing her, I could borrow a few DIS-ers to help train her on the ship to recognize words on paper?...Right now, though, I'm trying to figure out how on earth I can fly solo with two Service Dogs...It would be a blessing to have Little Bee along to haul my luggage on a fold-up cart and for Cash to help me walk (Bee's shoulders won't be ready to do that until she's 2) because using the scooter to haul luggage is very difficult size-wise. I got yelled at by a DCL rep at the L.A. port for not bringing my own luggage assistance and I know I can't afford to pay someone's fare just to fetch and carry for me...Cash can't do both, though, and porters just aren't always around (the reason for the yelling at the port last May).. My TA and I are working on it...The main problem seems to be the flight from Austin to Orlando and the return from Europe to Austin...not enough footspace for two dogs at the feet of one person... My other double dog friends are married...double the footspace...sigh...

Got a year to work on it, though...
:love:

We are booked on the 5/12 cruise also.

This is so exciting. DLP sounds like a great idea

seaulater said:
We are planning on using FF mileage with Delta also on an open jaw ticket. I need to mark my calendar 331 days out so I can call and book the first day. 50,000 miles each is what they have already told me at Delta. No problem there, I've got plenty of miles!

thanks, Linda. I wanted to know that. It is 40,000 to Hawaii (coach) and 70,000 for (1st) and I thought it would be somewhere in that area

Happy we have the miles also. Even better

BethE said:
Harry in Michigan and I will also be on the eastbound repo cruise and we also plan to take the train to Paris and visit DLP.

BethE

Train from Barcelona to Paris :

$75.00 second class has sleeper compartments
$125 First class has recliner seats

Train Hotel Elipsos
Value Tourist T4
Value fare in tourist section provides passengers with a T4 cabin that contains 4-berth sleeping facilities in 2nd class.
Sleeperettes are only available on Pau Casals (Barcelona-Zurich) and Salvador Dali (Barcelona-Milan). 14-day advance purchase required
Fare 50% exchangable or refundable up to 3 days before departure if no segment has been used.

Catch train at Barcelona-Estacio De Franca ....Overnight express departs at 9:05PM and arrives at Austerlitz station in Paris at 11:55AM.

These are March '06 times..the info was for my trip this month (April '06) so things will change (times and pricing) by next year but you cannot get info until a few months before tickets are issued.

I got a great Barcelona tour book put out by the Discovery Channel. It's called an INSIGHT GUIDE and has great info and MAPS!

:wizard:

We're leaving tomorrow for Spring Break. We're taking the kids to Vero Beach and WDW. I'll catch up with you all again next weekend.

videogal1 said:
Train from Barcelona to Paris :

$75.00 second class has sleeper compartments
$125 First class has recliner seats

Train Hotel Elipsos
Value Tourist T4
Value fare in tourist section provides passengers with a T4 cabin that contains 4-berth sleeping facilities in 2nd class.
Sleeperettes are only available on Pau Casals (Barcelona-Zurich) and Salvador Dali (Barcelona-Milan). 14-day advance purchase required
Fare 50% exchangable or refundable up to 3 days before departure if no segment has been used.

Catch train at Barcelona-Estacio De Franca ....Overnight express departs at 9:05PM and arrives at Austerlitz station in Paris at 11:55AM.

These are March '06 times..the info was for my trip this month (April '06) so things will change (times and pricing) by next year but you cannot get info until a few months before tickets are issued.

I got a great Barcelona tour book put out by the Discovery Channel. It's called an INSIGHT GUIDE and has great info and MAPS!

:wizard:

Lynda... Thanks for this info! :thumbsup2 Joe + I would Love to to DLP after this trip, but not quite sure how to go about planning it... time... logistics, etc. Thanks for beginning the process for my tired mind! Just too much excitement for one week! :rotfl2: I am taking some Airborne :rotfl: and getting into bed... an early night. Between work and other planning, I think a good night's sleep is in order. Can't wait to meet Little B!

first timers... can't wait to see your jackets with all of your firsts! Of course you're going to do the FIRST Med Cruise... Hey, how could you pass up that opportunity... after all, when would you get another chance to do a first here with DCL... What fun you will have! :yay:

littleowensmommy... ENJOY your getaway! :Pinkbounc

bonzie1 said:

Lynda... Thanks for this info! :thumbsup2 Joe + I would Love to to DLP after this trip, but not quite sure how to go about planning it... time... logistics, etc. Thanks for beginning the process for my tired mind!

A TA (I talked to Daun Flynn, traveldepot.com, a friend who is also a double service dog user, is doing the RCCI transatlantic trip this month I had to cancel and did all of the planning) can get the rail tickets and up-to-date information. The Barcelona book gives some more info and there is a great site on-line that discusses the trains coming and going from major European cities like Barcelona and Paris. You can take either a taxi or the RER from Paris to Marne La Valle, where DLP is. I wanted to stay a few nights, again, at the Sequoia Inn at DLP, their version of Wilderness Lodge, but I see that there are newer places so maybe I'll take a risk...The DLP website is pretty complete but I will use a TA again to make the reservations there, I think. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

pooh_think.gif

O.K. Why should I let Lee talk me into the eastbound med repo cruise? :confused3
I know the points/money are less than the 10/11 day cruises.
Will 6 days at sea not get boring?
All of the other cruises we have taken were slam dunks. I really need to be convinced on this one. Alright Georgie....why should I? Anybody?

Bob

I got the cat I wanted two 9's large portholes and connecting.

I really thought about the med cruise after, but with a 2 year old and 4 year old, I think this might be just a little too much. BUT a stop to paris might work.

What do you do with yourself and your luggage from 7AM to 9PM train?

BobandLee said:
pooh_think.gif

O.K. Why should I let Lee talk me into the eastbound med repo cruise? :confused3
I know the points/money are less than the 10/11 day cruises.
Will 6 days at sea not get boring?
All of the other cruises we have taken were slam dunks. I really need to be convinced on this one. Alright Georgie....why should I? Anybody?

Bob

Because you gotta!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: pirate:

(How was that for a reason) And if ScottH is not crusing with us, where else will we get our Jimmy Buffet references :rotfl2:

Actually 6 days at sea sound wonderful :woohoo:

You will make the right decision Bob!

Debbie

Thanks to all that have sent me their information!

We have a nice list started and many more to add. You can use the link to welcome new members and tell them to PM me.

I am open to adding whatever to the site. But be aware, I am a newbie at web design! So be gentle ;)

Here it is: Repo cruise roster

If there are any changes or additions, just let me know. I will update it as I can. Soon, I am going to set up a seperate e-mail just for this info and I will put that out there too.

Debbie

pixie3 said:
I really thought about the med cruise after, but with a 2 year old and 4 year old, I think this might be just a little too much. BUT a stop in paris might work.

What do you do with yourself and your luggage from 7AM to 9PM train?

1. Get together with a group of DIS-ers who will be doing the train and rent a hotel room near the station for all the luggage for the day...
2. or take it to the train station and stash it in an individual family locker and leave it until traintime...

That gives you a day to sightsee...do Familia Segrada or see other Gaudi landmarks.. or shop. Personally I think that with little ones you and others might do better to get a room for the day to rest in and use as a hub....Best yet if it has a restaurant...

The street maps in that Barcelona tour book are great for locating things you might want to see. It shows all the METRO lines...most are fairly accessible, which is one thing I was excited about touring there...(scooter) or stroller for kiddies...

Get the book, get the book. It will help you determine the areas you might want to tour and the METRO lines or taxi locations used to get there...Great pics, too...

Lacking any excursion info, it was a good way for me to eliminate what I wasn't interested in and to keep sight of what was in the areas I'd be able to get to in the time I had... Guess the cancelled cruise wasn't such a total loss after all!...

ok, ok, ok....No METRO..Take a taxi...Me, I have to do the METRO probably because finding a taxi that will take me, the scooter, the luggage, and, possibly, not one but two huge dogs will be impossible... even the METRO may not be such a good idea unless I stash my stuff first...sigh, more complications...... lots of time to problem solve...Maybe there's a private shuttle company near the port...

Bedtime now....BOB, six days at sea is a joy...Think of the murder mystery to be solved...

:wizard: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter