May 11, 2013 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Itinerary B

Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself. After 2 prior 4-night cruises on the Dream (and some careful scheduling/planning), my family including me, DW, DD(12), and DS(10) will be on the May 11, 2013 Fantasy 7-nighter! Really excited to get a full week on the ship and very excited about the different itinerary vs. the 4-nighters. I've done some work in Grand Cayman in the past and cant' wait to show my kids a bit of the island for a few hours (especially the amazing snorkeling right off shore!) Checked the Cayman Port Authority schedule, and we're the only ship scheduled in port as of now that day so it should be a bit easier around town.

Don't know if we'll be doing FE since, frankly, we're not that creative of a family, but definitely like to get a chance to meet up with folks that I've met on the boards during the cruise.

Looking forward to talking with everyone as we get closer. Also, is there a FB group? I thought someone mentioned one previously, but I can't find it on FB. For my last cruise in May, I found that an easier way to stay in touch.

Can't wait!

Hi everyone!

We have been booked for this cruise since January 2012, but I just located this forum. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We did a five night WDW vacation for my DD's 3rd birthday, and we had a spectacular trip, from the "first class" transport from the airport to the resort, to everyone, I mean everyone, wishing my daughter a Happy Birthday.

This time, we are celebrating Mother's Day (May 12), and I can't wait.

We would love to participate in the FE. FiestyFairy, thank you for sharing the link that explains what FE is all about and organizing it. This is a great way to build the anticipation! We are traveling with the grandparents, but I don't think they will take part in the FE.

Here's our info....

DH: Chris
DW: Katherine
DD: Kaitlyn (age 5)
Stateroom: 9176

We are so excited, and can't wait to make more Mickey Memories!!!!

Hi everyone!
This time, we are celebrating Mother's Day (May 12), and I can't wait.
We are so excited, and can't wait to make more Mickey Memories!!!!

Katherine,
Welcome! We are also looking very forward to this cruise. The only stop on the trip that we have seen before will be Castaway Cay :-) We are excited to see the historical sites in Cozumel and Costa Maya. I have wanted to see these things for years:-)

If you haven't participated in an FE before, you are in for a treat! My daughter and I are both adults and have never taken children on a cruise with us, but we love finding surprises every time we come back to the cabin :-)

The cruise is starting to seem a bit closer, and soon it will be time to finish paying and then get ready to go. I look forward to meeting you and your family.

Mary

Hi All! Just wanted to introduce myself. After 2 prior 4-night cruises on the Dream (and some careful scheduling/planning), my family including me, DW, DD(12), and DS(10) will be on the May 11, 2013 Fantasy 7-nighter! Really excited to get a full week on the ship and very excited about the different itinerary vs. the 4-nighters.

Can't wait!

Hi!
I know what you mean about looking forward to the 7 night cruise. We had only done 4-nighters until last October, when we went on our first 7-night cruise to Mexico on the Wonder. We have been on two 7-nighters now (we went to Alaska on the Wonder in May 2012) and the difference is really significant. On the 4-nighters it seemed like we had just barely gotten on the ship and it was time to get off. The 7-night is great as it gives a little time to get settled and not feel so rushed. We're looking very forward to the May cruise, and look forward to meeting you and your family.

Mary

Praise2Him said:
I tried to send a PM but it wouldn't go though. After reading more about the Fish Extenders I've decided that we'd like to participate, so here's our info:

Praise2Him
DH Rodney - 56
DW Lisa - 52
Last name - Sprayberry
Stateroom 9174 (aft)
We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary!

I just noticed that we are next door neighbors! We are in 9176.

peterpan47 said:
We are excited to see the historical sites in Cozumel and Costa Maya. I have wanted to see these things for years:-)

Mary

My daughter has already decided on our excursions, and I was surprised that she pick the Ruins in Costa Maya....I just hope she does well with the walking. I am soooo not wanting to carry her up to the top, lol.

Of course, swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel is topping her list.

Kat

Greetings fellow cruisers! So looking forward to meeting everyone in 8 months. It has been a quiet thread so far ;)

My girls are so excited! The FE makes the cruise just extra special, so count us in!

It will be me (36) DH (38) DD (10) DD (6) cabin 5618 I think..

Is there a FB group?

;) Melissa

Praise2Him said:
Hi Neighbor! We've never had an aft cabin (or balcony) so I'm super excited!

We went on a Princess cruise with my sister and her husband. They recommended that we splurge on a mini suite with a balcony, and we were so glad we did.

I sat on the balcony and watched the sunrise ever morning. It was a bit windy though. My sister had a full suite, with an oversized balcony on the aft of the ship. They had little wind and a panoramic view. I liked it even more.

I like how the aft balcony is designed on the Disney ships. If you fell over, you'd slide down into the balcony below... Not the ocean. That gives this over protective mom a little piece of mind. :)

Please forgive me as I posted several months ago and life has happened and I haven't been back. Have we started an FE list? Is someone leading this effort? We are getting excited for the cruise and I know it will be here before we know it. :)

Greetings fellow cruisers! So looking forward to meeting everyone in 8 months. It has been a quiet thread so far ;)

My girls are so excited! The FE makes the cruise just extra special, so count us in!

It will be me (36) DH (38) DD (10) DD (6) cabin 5618 I think..

Is there a FB group?

;) Melissa

I would there to be a facebook group that would be great. I am happy to start one, but I don't know that I have time to be administrator of it. I have not been on the boards much but I am hooked up to facebook everyday.

Just noticed I had it were only my contacts could message me. I took the block off so now everyone with 10 post or more should be able to PM. If you want participate in the FE just PM and I will Start a list.

Things needed if you want to participate in FE

1. Stateroom #
2. Number of People and Who for example DH, DW, DD etc...
3. Ages of kids for example DD 8 (this is so for people getting gifts can more accurately gauge what to but in the its. You would not get a 6 year old girl the same as 16 year old boy)
4. Anything Celebrating: Anniversary, Birthday, First Cruise etc...
5. email so that I can email every one and excel sheet. (Also please let me know if you would like to maintain your email private or include it in the list)
6. Optional: Last Name-Last time the person organizing the email had us include or last name which made for some awesome personalized FE gifts. But I do understand if you prefer not to share it.

Example from last Cruise:

2021 Feisty Fairy email:**********
DH Frankie
DW Erica
Erica & Frankie's Anniversary

PS I am still willing to take charge of this or if there is anyone else who would rather organize it I would be glad to let you. This is only my second cruise and I have not organized a FE extender before but was active on our FE group last time.

Also would any one like a meet up during the cruise of Disboard people. We had one on my last cruise and it was great.

Stateroom 7632
Family of 4 - Myself (35); DH (38); DD (6); DS (4)
Not Celebrating anything but Family FUN

pirate:

I agree, I am more invested in Facebook than the meet boards. Do we have to friend each other, then start a closed group?

Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people that kept having FB change my privacy setting every two months... leaving my info available to anyone... I have since stopped using FB...

I have the DIS app on my iPhone, so I receive instant notifications when posts are made... Pretty cool.

On another topic... I was hoping that info regarding FE participants' favorite characters, especially for the kids, could be added to the info given for the FE list... That way gifts can be tailored a bit when possible.

My DH likes "Pirates of the Caribbean" Mickey
I like Mickey and Minnie
My DD (6) likes Rapunzel, Merida from Brave, Ariel and Cinderella

Ottes4 said:
I agree, I am more invested in Facebook than the meet boards. Do we have to friend each other, then start a closed group?

I believe we don't have to friend each other, but we could create a closed group. I will try to figure it out. I have the DIS app now on my iPad so maybe for those that don't Facebook I can check in the tread also.

HookedOnK said:
Unfortunately, I'm one of those unlucky people that kept having FB change my privacy setting every two months... leaving my info available to anyone... I have since stopped using FB...

I have the DIS app on my iPhone, so I receive instant notifications when posts are made... Pretty cool.

On another topic... I was hoping that info regarding FE participants' favorite characters, especially for the kids, could be added to the info given for the FE list... That way gifts can be tailored a bit when possible.

My DH likes "Pirates of the Caribbean" Mickey
I like Mickey and Minnie
My DD (6) likes Rapunzel, Merida from Brave, Ariel and Cinderella

Not sure how to "quote" multiple ppl on one post still don't post enough to have figured that out. :) I will try to create a closed group on Facebook but will also be using the DIS app maybe if it is " important" I can also post on this board. Who is organizing FE? I agrees I would like that info added.

Also do we have a "group name" if not can someone suggest one so I can use it for the Facebook group.

I have set up a closed group on Facebook. As of right now it is "Secret" so I am not even sure you can search for it. I would have liked to have some fun name but I am not that creative. :artist:

Now here is the thing, I am not sure how to add people. Is there someone from this cruise that is will to PM your email or facebook email so I can see if I can add you. Feeling a bit clueless.

Maybe once I figure it out we can just make it a closed account. I want to protect our privacy as much as possible and I want to be careful about who we allow to join. I will probably be asking for DIS user name and maybe cabin number. What do you all think?

I don't think you can add people if it is "secret." I'm not sure.

For a "closed group" people can click to request to join and you can approve or deny. I think you can only add people on your own if they are FB friends of yours. They also need to have their privacy settings set to allow others to add them to groups. It's complicated. It would probably be more effective to post a link to the group here, then approve or deny requests to join.

Are you limiting the group to those from the Dis only, or will it be open to those on this cruise from other boards? Also, those not participating in the FE may not want to provide their stateroom number. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter