Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

I'm here! Now I'm going back to read!

I am here. Yes when there are those 2 different approaches to life in general .... welll let's say it is interesting. :rolleyes:

So excited for this!!!

Can't wait to read all the details!

Lovely start and oh so true.

Wonderful intro pictures too. I can't wait to hear the details and see the magic.

Made it to the first page!! Oh Yeah!! I'm in.

Loved the intro Brook! I'm so excited to hear how your 2 week adventure panned out

1/2 hour and page 2 already!!

Great intro...I'm in for it all

Dang, go pick my son up from school and page 2 already Well, I'm here. Now going back to read.

Oooh I can hardly wait!

Joining in.

Ya you started. Can't wait to read more. I would love a two week trip. Trying to talk dh into longer when we go in Aug.

Joining in!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Love, love, love reading your TRs! Can't wait for this one!

Woot Woooooot!!!

Hmmmm....that introduction must mean we are in for some twists and turn along the way. All righty then. I'm ready!

Bring on the 2 week adventure!!

ETA: Page 3?!?!? Really!??!? I feel like I have been stalking your PTR for this link and I still end up on page 3! Pathetic! (Though I am glad you have so many devoted followers- even if they beat me over here!)

Gee, Page 3 already!

Great intro...as always.

Reporting for duty, Brook.

Sounds like a blast! I am in!

Joining in and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Really? Page 3? Not even an hour and a half later!

But I'm here! I hope to see lots of Corn Dog Nuggets, seeing as how you were there so long...

I'm in....can't wait to hear all about it!!

Here!
Loved the intro, looking forward to more

I'm here... been MIA lately super busy with homework... glad Henry is feeling better

Great start! Can't wait to read more.

Woo hoo! I'm ready, Brook

I'm in! I can't believe this is already on page 3, less than 3 hours after you posted it!

I'm here!! Wow- page 3 already?!

Looking forward to reading all about your wonderful adventure!!

Am joining in and looking forward to seeing how type 1 and type 2 mix to make a great trip!

I've been waiting to read this TR! Two weeks sounds like a blast.

Oh! Girl!! I love your intro!! This is going to be one great TR!!

I am here, I loved the intro and can't wait to read more. I hope there are a bunch of BWV pictures .

I am joining the party.

I am here. Wow page 4 already!!

soo jealous of 2 weeks...the most we have done is 10 days! I plan the park we are in that day but other than that we go with the flow when we are in the parks!

Im in!!!! I have been waiting patiently.....NOT

Hooray! It's started! But I feel so late, on page 4 already!

You have a way with words, the opening has me hooked already! Count me in.

yay! Glad you started!

Hey Brook! I, like so many others, have been stalking you on the boards waiting for your TR start!

Love your pictures already!!!

I guessed that I'd be on page 5 by this time at night...but I guess I'll take page 4!

Wonderful that you have so many loyal friends & followers here on the boards!!!

Also -- Thank you Christy & Michelle for the heads-up about Brook starting her TR too! I appreciate it!

(nevermind...didn't make page 4, I am on page 5 just as I guessed! lol)

I lurked on (and loved reading) your last TR, but wanted to say hi on this one! Henry is too cute, and I see the fantastic YC in the background of that pic!! Can't wait to read more!

I am so in

I'm here and anxiously awaiting more!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Page 5 really?? I am here now

I'm in! (though, sheesh, page 5!)

Signing on Brook!

I'm in! A little late, darn work! Hahaha! I really enjoyed being able to follow along on facebnook, now I'm excited for some stories behind the pictures.

HOLY CANOLI BATMAN!!!

Your TR hasnt even left the building yet and its on page 5!!!

You'll hit page 250 before the end of week 1!!

you go girl!!

I'm already 5 pages behind. Can't wait to read the TR to go with the FB pictures!

YAY! You started! I'm looking forward to a nice, long, and picture filled TR!

(Looks like a lot of other people are too! Already on page 5 after just one day!)

Let the typing begin!

Sarah

Can't wait to read your TR!!! I'm sure it will be up to page 100+ by the time I get home and start with mine.

-nat

OMG, 5 pages already?! Don't know how I'm going to keep up with this one, especially when I'm going to be gone for a few days! Oh well, I'll try...haha

Joining in and excited to hear more!

Six pages in one day??? Craziness, I tell ya!

Perfect intro to your trip report! You know I am here for all the fun!

I am coming out of lurkdone for this trip report too since I finally caught one near the beginning.

Your intro is fantastic. DH is type 1 and I am type 2 so I can't wait to hear all about how your trip worked out.

Henry is just adorable

:welcome: everyone!!!! Thank you to all the 'usual culprits' who have followed me here, and thank you to all the new readers too for signing on! Sit back and enjoy the ride!

And no one is more surprised than I am by the 6 pages here already! It's wonderful to "see" you all, thank you for commenting too.

I think Tim was stalking you...he was awfully fast posting here!

I bet the photo is a jumping one!

LOL

It was just good timing!

Juliana likes the pic of Henry!

I'm off to play with the little princess! Be back later!

:laughing: I couldn't believe someone posted that fast! It was slick!

Hi Brook!

Great start! I didn't get the fb friend request that you PMed me about (not a biggie, I'm sure you had tons to do right before your trip :goodvibes), so I've been anxiously awaiting hearing about this 2 week adventure!

Oh! I wonder what happened to it? Send me a PM and we can attempt to re-hook-up. (I am sure I had a PM with your name already, but I've deleted them all before the trip...or I can PM you too-let me know!)

I've been sitting by my computer for two days watching you post all your replies. I go to pick up the kids at school and help them with some homework and BAM - you've started your TR! Leaving me on page two...

PS... a certain CD came today! Uploading to Picasa as I type!

:woohoo: Perfect timing! That CD came quickly!

Yay a trip report

Luvin the pic of the three of you! Henry's so cute...

Thank you! :goodvibes I had a heck of a time finding a picture of all three of us without have our Photopass yet when I wrote the intro. We usually do more mirror shots!

I so married a type 1 and I'm so a type 2! I'm in too, waiting to see how you handle it. My DH is a "we have plenty of time" procrastinator, i.e. packing the morning OF :confused3:lmao::rotfl2::worship: a deployment!

Packing the morning OF?! Even Joe isn't that bad! He packs that night before. :laughing: At about 11:50!

In.
So childish.
Fixed a typo-made me laugh when I read it.

:lmao:

Looking forward to seeing lots of Henry pictures. The girls will enjoy it, too.

We had fun riding Small World with the whole gang. Too bad it was raining and we had to huddle. I got a few pictures of that event, but I'm sure yours will beat mine hands down. That was March 1st or 2nd, right? We'll probably get to that on the trip report about mid-May. ;)

It makes me so happy that you got to have two solid weeks. The most we've done is 11 days, and I still wanted more!

The meet was so much fun! I didn't get too many good shots, but a few random ones of us all huddled together in our various ponchos and rain jackets. :laughing: I meant to ask for an adult group shot too of just us DISers, but Henry was quite ready for Peter Pan! :goodvibes I guess we will just have to cross paths again.

Two weeks was amazing! I hope we are able to do it again sometime. I'll take 11 days too. Or 8, or 7, or you know...anything!

I'm in too, can't wait to hear about your 2 week trip!
BTW, I'm loving your hair in that picture!

Thank you! I was thinking about how short it was back in September and how different it is now! By the time our next trip rolls around I'll look like a different person if I keep growing it out!

Ugh, page four.:headache:

Brook, I'm so happy that you started! Two whole weeks of bliss, I can hardly wait!

Oh and I love that sweet pic of Henry in front of the Yacht Club! Were you kneeling down to get it? The angle is so cute!

Thank you Molly! Yep, I am near certain I either kneeled or even sat on the ground for it. I've been known to lay down for a certain shot if I want it that bad...:laughing:

Joining In! popcorn:: I love Henry's red hair! (I'm a little biased since I'm a redhead too. :thumbsup2) Can't wait to hear about your two weeks in Disney!

Yay! Another red head! We love Henry's hair. It was a total surprise, even though it's recessive on both sides. It's been there since day 1, hopefully it never changes!

I'm here, Brook...can't wait to read it all! Also can't believe that you just got this up and started today and you're already on page five.

GREAT intro... I have to say that these trips are all about compromise, aren't they? And your first section about marriage being a choice, well... that's so true, isn't it?

It is! I remember when I was younger I adamantly refused to believe love was a choice. I've soooooo learned since then! :laughing:

Page 5 you are popular! I cannot wait to see the fun that two weeks brought and of course all that Henry really loved so we can try it with Luke. (how was Hollywood and Vine--- I am so excited to go there!)

H&V was GREAT! We really enjoyed it! The food was delicious, the character interaction was excellent and it was a lot of fun. That is one I definitely want to repeat. I also read a rumor of Jake (Neverland Pirates) joining meet & greets in the parks sometime soon, so maybe he'll be at H&V soon too.

I'm in. We r going to be staying at BWV for our Christmas trip . Can't wait to hear all about yr trip!

BWV :love::cloud9:

Oh my goodness! Had to come out of lurkdom to say how precious and cute your little boy is! All that red hair!!!!! Dying from the cuteness. Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!

Thank you!! That's very sweet. :goodvibes

You should have been a writer ::yes::

Great start! Excited for more :)

I've been told more than once I should write children's books! I sometimes think about giving it a whirl....but...who knows. :confused3:laughing:

Yay! Another red head! We love Henry's hair. It was a total surprise, even though it's recessive on both sides. It's been there since day 1, hopefully it never changes!

I had a Genetics Dr. stop DH and I in an airport once. He keep staring at Jack's hair. He told us that red hair is unusual because you need to have the gene on both sides. We knew I had the gene(red head here) but didn't think DH did. Turns out it's recessive on his side too and goes back about 3 or 4 generations. It's the Italian side for both of us too. Not the Irish :lmao:.

February 26, 2011

After a not-so-great night of sleep (yes, too excited!) this gal finally faced the day. Joe and Henry were already awake and doing the regular morning routine of breakfast and cartoons.

For all Henry knew, today was a normal day. We hadn't mentioned the M-word (Mickey) in over 24 hours, on purpose. If Henry had known the night before that we were going to Mickey's the next day NO ONE would have slept well!

The bags were packed and hidden away in the closet. Joe and I readied ourselves and then...

Video: Henry, you want to go to Mickey's House TODAY? (2 minutes, 3 seconds)

Needless to say, the kid was excited!

Eventually my phone rang and our car arrived to pick us up. For the new readers, we live in New York City. We generally take public transit to the airport, but this time were flying out of JFK (which is further away), had a lot of luggage and a 3 year old and stroller. We decided to fork over the extra bucks and take a car.

NO REGRETS.

We hadn't told Henry we were riding in a car, so when we walked outside and he saw a car waiting for us the kid almost launched to the moon in excitement.

It's the little things, right?

Our driver was polite and a good (read: safe) driver. Momma was happy.

So was little man
1217371662_vVXuk-L.jpg

A car and Mickey in one day?!?!

We get to JFK, we go through all the normal procedures and make it to our gate. We are about an hour early, which is cool. It's lunchtime, we get some food and sit at our gate...and then see it's been delayed.

At first I saw a 20 minute delay. No biggee.

Then I saw a 1.5 hour delay.

Ugh.

Thankfully there was free WiFi and we are a family of geeks who love their technology. iPhones and iPads were pulled out to enterain us, walks were taken, we watched the planes, we ate

1217371892_fYq5U-L.jpg

Which is bigger, Henry's head or the black & white?

Friends were made with the people next to us. They were meeting friends in FL and had 6 pm dinner reservations. They were NOT happy.

But eventually, at 1:52 pm, an hour after we were supposed to take-off, a plane arrived.

1217372588_UpCAd-L.jpg

We boarded at 2:20

1217372843_L673H-L.jpg

and then sat there.

And sat there.

And sat there a little more.

We finally took off at 3:25! 20 minutes before we were originally scheduled to arrive. I bet the passengers at MCO waiting for that plane weren't too happy...

The flight itself went just fine. We had been upgraded to Row 1, extra leg room seats, for free. :woohoo: That was veryyyyy nice for these tall, long-legged folks. (well, except Henry, who's legs barely get off the seat...)

1217373087_hawts-L.jpg

How is it that the 3 year old gets the Bose headphones and the iPad???

However, there were no blue chips on board! This was our first time flying JetBlue and I had been informed about the blue chips and was looking forward to them. I had to make due with

1217373338_tqWJv-L.jpg

They were tasty.

We landed at 5:40, about 2 hours behind schedule.

Down to the fake monorail

1217373505_EiwgX-L.jpg

1217373520_xHrpV-O.jpg

1217373786_zQyRj-L.jpg

And onward to ME,

1217374631_Gbgb5-L.jpg

PALM TREE!

which, thankfully, was a complete ghost town!

1217374980_DCntN-L.jpg

Into our line...we were first. My heart sank a tiny bit, we were going to have to wait a while. Hey, it's okay, this is a long trip, we don't have any agenda for tonight, it's fine. Henry was VERY excited pointing out every picture of Mickey or the Castle that he saw. Some of you may remember the toy buses that we bought him last trip-one is the ME bus and he was thrilled to see it in real life! "Mickey's bus!"

1217375500_X5ttJ-L.jpg

Oh, but wait! What's this? A CM smiling at me, heading our way...and YES! he's opening our gate. I might have muttered a, "I love you!" as we scurried through and to our

big yellow bus.

A Mears bus.

Bummer!

Henry was a tad confused, but mostly didn't care - as long as this bus was going to Mickey's he was ready to get on!

1217375236_WhpFv-L.jpg

We had a short wait and then we were off!

It was a fun and smooth ride.

1201431135_8N8AL-L.jpg

Our first stop as POR. 10 minutes later, CBR and then 15 minutes later we were HOME!

1201433465_prdLH-L.jpg

I love you Boardwalk!

Stepping into the lobby at 7:10 pm, we all had smiled plastered on our faces.

1201434746_opC9m-L.jpg

Check-in process was quick and easy, even though we hadn't done online check-in. Perhaps they do this now for DVC members? If so, it makes sense!

The Boardwalk often has balloons sitting out that the children can just take. Henry had been eying them and I figured we would grab one on our way up to our room, but two kids came by and took the last two.

His face fell.

Our amazing CM noticed this and pretty soon

1201435693_U4AnK-L.jpg

That made him happy!

1201436657_Q8wJ7-L.jpg

He's a good sharer.

1201437735_dN2Km-L.jpg

We went up to our villa

1201439017_5cdSb-L.jpg

This room wasn't quite the excellent location we had last time, but it still wasn't bad at all. We hadn't made any room requests and my fear was to be at the end of those looooooong hallways, but this one was only about 2 "segments" down.

1201440195_s4UHP-L.jpg

Our view
1201442501_h2UMp-L.jpg

I found it ironic that we had a view of Community Hall. Last trip I had a Mommy Meltdown while trying to find that darn building...

The waterway is there too, it was a relaxing and beautiful view.

Henry was itchin' to do one thing

1201444602_oUFtD-L.jpg

1201449448_F4jFx-L.jpg

Video: Jumping at the BWV (53 seconds)

We gave him a couple minutes to do that...but we were HUNGRY! It was past 7:30 by this point and we hadn't eaten since lunch.

Next up: Epcot Eats!

That video of Henry finding out he's going to Mickey's today makes me smile. I told my suitemate she needed to watch it too, and now she wants to go to Disney.:rolleyes1

I love when ME is a ghost town! The Boardwalk is so pretty...might have to stay there after BCV and VWL...

Arrival day is always so much fun!!!

Except for the flight delay. Ugh. :headache:

YAY for some magic on the MCO side- no lines, no drama ect.

Still laughing over the room assignment. :laughing:

Great start!

Yay for arrival day! It's such an awesome feeling knowing you'll be at DISNEY WORLD in a matter of hours! :thumbsup2

The video of Henry realizing that he's heading to see Mickey is priceless. I love him running to grab his suitcase!

That totally stinks that the plane was delayed for so long, but hey - nothing can ruin the "I'm going to Disney World!!" attitude right? ;)

Henry is so cute jumping on the bed! My 3 year old loves to do the same thing!

Can't wait to read more!

So jealous......of your Black and White! I am a former Brooklyn Heights resident now living in Pennsylvania where they pass off sugar cookies dipped in milk chocolate and white chocolate as a Black and White. Not the same as a dense cake like creation covered in ooey gooey icing that has just the right amount of sweetness! Everytime I go back to NY to visit family a bakery has to be one of my first stops.
Oh and your trip reports is great so far even though I did kind of zone out after the cookie picture...

1217371892_fYq5U-L.jpg

Which is bigger, Henry's head or the black & white?

Oooohh now I want a black & white so bad. That one looks fabulous.

This is SUCH a sweet picture!

I love this!!! He was really getting some air!!

Great update! I definitely would have been frustrated at the delay on the way to WDW (going home, I seem to care a teensy bit less :laughing:). But sweet potato chips are a yummy treat (the blue chips are pretty nifty, but I can assure you you're not missing out on any sort of culinary gem. Just a chip.)

Yay! You are there! I hate delays. They are so frustrating.

On thing....one of the pictures isn't showing up in that update.

I'm in.. :cool1:

I loved the video of your son.. Every time I watch those surprise videos I tear up.. I know I am such a sap!!! :rotfl:

can't wait to read more :thumbsup2

He told us that red hair is unusual because you need to have the gene on both sides.

Interesting! I have red hair and as far as I know it's just on my dad's side. I've never met or seen a picture of anyone on my mom's side that had red hair, going back several generations even. Must be there somewhere though!

Brook, Henry totally made my morning, that video when he found out 'today is the day' was so stinkin' cute, not to mention all the big smiles throughout the day!

Bummer you had such a long delay :headache: thank goodness you had the electronic toys to help keep you occupied.

Giggling over your view, how ironic is that? :laughing:

The video of Henry finding out he is going to Mickey's house is awesome. I'm one of those who gets teary eyed when I see those videos (even the commerials have been causing a little mist). I love him dragging around the suitcase, he is ready to go.

The delay stinks, but I'm it was forgotten once you finally arrived at the Boardwalk. I have never seen the resort in person yet, but it looks fantastic. I would love to stay there someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter