Marrakesh reviews please!

katnevsmom

Earning My Ears
We made ADRs for Marrakesh but have not been able to find many reviews on it. Please let me know if you have been there and what your thoughts on it are. Thanks!

WE had a great meal, and a terrible one.

The awful one, it was late, very close to closing, and there'd been a horrific rain storm. The staff made it clear that they wanted OUT of there; the bellydancer wouldn't even look at my 5 yr old daughter, who was dying to be asked to dance, and started sobbing uncontrollably, and much of the food was dried out and seemed to have been under heat lamps for a long time.

We decided to make a return visit a couple of years later. It was earlier in the evening. The servers were perky, the pace was leisurely; we got great pictures of my DD in her new career as a bellydancer, and the food was moist and fresh.

Living proof to give something a second chance. And maybe not go close to closing.

we eat at marrakesh most trips, most recently in march. the food was good, we like the cous cous, lamb & salmon & the staff was nice, i even danced with the belly dancer who noticed we were on our disneymoon. it was a great meal.

My family (DH, DS19 and DS17) all ate there for the first time at an 8:00 pm reservation. Food was very good, except the lemon chicken which was a little dry (we all had one of the feasts - can't remember the name). The guys all loved the belly dancer and enjoyed the food - so much so that my 2 DS's, their grandfather, 2 male cousins - same ages and another older male cousin all made ressies to go when we are there in 2 about 2 weeks - the ladies are doing Chef Mickey's for breakfast (there are 16 of us on this trip).

I say if you are thinking about it - try out - you may be pleasantly surprised. After all the negative things we had read prior to our trip, I was worried, but turned out we had a good time and a good meal and it was cool and relaxing to boot!

Ooo. Marrakesh. I like this restaurant. The first time we went it was a lot of fun. We could just walk up and get a decent table and this was Christmas week- of course it was over ten years ago. We enjoyed the food and the bellydancer. It was a nice restaurant, good service.

This past Dec we went again for the second time and we experienced good food and the bellydancer was good. Both times she asked people to come up with her. She was good with kids too. This past trip we felt a bit rushed, but it was the week before Christmas so I'll give them a little slack. When we went in for our reservations the lady at the front was telling everyone who was walking by that they still had room for dinner. Now it sounds like it's crazy with the whole reservation deal.

All in all, it's a good restaurant with good food. I like how it's different. The menu is limited, but all of Disney restaurants seems to be.

Hopes this helps,
Raina

we ate there last oct. My children wore their jasmine and aladdin costumes. (there were so cute)
my daughter went up to dance with the belly dancer. The food was great. My daughter didn't like what they brought her(she ordered for the childrens menu). they asked her what she liked and she said shrimp. They made up a dish just for her. I thought that was so nice.

I have only eaten there once - last August. While I loved the interior, the belly dancer and the music I found the food to be sort of bland. Not bad, but just not what I was expecting.

If you have never been there, give it a try if only to check out the interior.

Thank you everyone! I just made ADRs for our 1st night and can't wait to go. I think that we will go with one of the feasts so that we can try a little bit of everything. Thanks again!

We really enjoyed our dining experience when we went. Try the chicken bastilla, it's very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter