• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Well, as much as can be confirmed this far out, I believe our next trip will occur:

Feb 28/29 - March 8/9, 2012 :banana::banana::banana::banana:

We'll be flying out of Halifax or Moncton (preferred).

So far, the cheapest flights are Delta out of Halifax (connecting at JFK) for approx $1600 for family of 4.

If any of my fellow DIS'ers find anything lower, please post it here :worship:.

Given the time of year, we would prefer a direct flight to reduce the likelihood of weather related delays, but right now, the direct flights are approx $2400-$2600 :scared:. With those prices being so much higher we will probably have to consider at least 1 connecting flight.

We are going down around the same time for a cruise. I am watching fares now but they are high I will probably buy October/November. WE went the around the same time last year and we bought flights at the end of October when the prices dropped. We flew down on Westjet and back on AC (direct), we paid around $1300 including tax/fees for 3.

We are going down around the same time for a cruise. I am watching fares now but they are high I will probably buy October/November. WE went the around the same time last year and we bought flights at the end of October when the prices dropped. We flew down on Westjet and back on AC (direct), we paid around $1300 including tax/fees for 3.

I missed the boat on some recent good prices......Delta from Halifax (1 connecting flight)....$1430 Cdn for 4 of us.....by the time I got home to discuss with the rest of the family, the pricing went up to $2100.

Given the time of the year, I don't want to travel farther than Halifax for a flight - but would prefer Moncton (home).

Please post here if you find some good pricing for end of Feb, 2012

I just booked Halifax to Orlando September 24 (Saturday) to October 5 (Wednesday) through Continental for $419 each all taxes in. This is the best fare that I've ever been able to book for the fall and includes a Saturday departure as well.

The fares have been all over the place lately so if you're still looking for fall fares keep at it, the deals seem to be out there to get.

Hey, Newbie here...got our first trip as a family of 3 planned and booked. (Went in 2000 before kid and stayed w/ my parents offsite) We are flying out of Portland on Delta w/ a stop in Atlanta....for around $1300ish.... I thought this was good considering we are flying Dec. 31st and we get to Orlando at 1:30 pm...JetBlue was cheaper, but we only got there at Midnight...No good with a 6 year old!

We have only done the drive down and fly from New England once as there were 5 of us. It seems that for just two, from Halifax at least, it's not worth it.

Might be best anyhow seeing as that would just allow the wife to shop there as well with no weight restrictions ;)

Heads up! I see a fare out of PVD (providence RI)

Providence (PVD) to Orlando (MCO) - Wed, Aug 31
US Airways Providence (PVD) to Charlotte (CLT) - Wed, Aug 31
US Airways 1855 Dep: 5:05PM Arr: 7:13PM 2h 8m Boeing 737 Coach (R)
Layover in CLT 0h 49m

US Airways Charlotte (CLT) to Orlando (MCO) - Wed, Aug 31
US Airways 1719 Dep: 8:02PM Arr: 9:35PM 1h 33m Boeing 757 Coach (R)

Orlando (MCO) to Providence (PVD) - Wed, Sep 7
US Airways Orlando (MCO) to Charlotte (CLT) - Wed, Sep 7
US Airways 1428 Dep: 7:00AM Arr: 8:36AM 1h 36m Boeing 757 Coach (R)
Layover in CLT 1h 29m

US Airways Charlotte (CLT) to Providence (PVD) - Wed, Sep 7
US Airways 1588 Dep: 10:05AM Arr: 12:13PM 2h 8m Boeing 737 Coach (R)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $137.80
Total cost for 4 passengers $551.20

This is $551.20 US for 2 adults 2 kids. There are also some flights in September

Westjet has direct flights Halifax to Orlando for $460 including taxes in early December Saturday to Saturday.

And the first bag flies free!

I'm seeing some fares (a few in Nov) and sparse dates up to early Feb. NO MARCH DATES YET!

US airways .... MHT to MCO.

$160 return taxes and fees in.

Ted

I'm seeing some fares (a few in Nov) and sparse dates up to early Feb. NO MARCH DATES YET!

US airways .... MHT to MCO.

$160 return taxes and fees in.

Ted

Ted, I found $550 return from Halifax...Wed March 7 - Tue March 20 with Delta (stopping in New York). Just wondering what your thoughts are? Think they'll drop? Back in 2010 we did snag them for $449 with AC non-stop. Are those day long gone?

Thanks!

March 7th is just before March break. I would grab it, unless you want to drive to the US. Prices this year are way higher than last year, so we have new thresholds. Lets face it, you are only $100 higher than what you paid before.

Prices everywhere seem to be higher. I would buy it!

EDIT: I've searched and you have the lowest price for those dates, including flying into Tampa or other options. Very quickly the price moves to $700 plus if you ignore the Delta option ...

Seeing some deals for Halifax to Orlando flights (through Toronto) into mid feb with Air Canada, as low as $383 (taxes/fees in) return.

Looks like mostly Tue or Wed, flights, but there are some for pretty much every day with the exception of Friday, from what I've been able to tell.

Use promo code NOVSURPRISEUS.

Hi east coast friends! Not sure if anyone has flown with DirectAir but they have a 2for1 sale and fly out of Worcester, MA into Sanford airport. I see oneway flights for $129 and total rt incl taxes with sale is $183.40. Looks like just over a 4hr drive from Bangor.
http://www.visitdirectair.com/

Allegiant has some oneway fares from Bangor to Fort. Lauderdale for $39 or $118.38 rt inc taxes. You could drive up to Orlando at this price. Take carryon luggage and get seats at the airport to avoid additional fees. You can checkout different dates.

Departing Flights for Sun, Dec 4
$39.99 Depart:
Arrive: 12:35 pm
4:10 pm BANGOR, ME (BGR)
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (FLL) Flight 941
Nonstop

Returning Flights for Sun, Dec 11

$39.99 Depart:
Arrive: 8:30 am
11:50 am FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (FLL)
BANGOR, ME (BGR) Flight 940
Nonstop

Trip Price = $79.98
Taxes & Fees = $38.40

Total Cost $118.38
http://www.allegiantair.com/

We are flying with Continenal from Halifax to Orlando on 17 Dec returning 27 Dec. The cost for five of us roundtrip taxes in is $2250. We are happy with that.

Heads up ..

Feb 21 or Feb 22 Departure from Halifax to MCO

March 6 or 7th Return

See US airways ..

Example

Halifax, Canada (Halifax International) to Orlando, FL
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Depart:
5:00 PM YHZ 6:19 PM PHL 2h 19m -- CRJ
8:35 PM PHL 11:07 PM MCO 2h 32m -- 757-200

Return:
Orlando, FL to Halifax, Canada (Halifax International)
Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2012
6:00 AM MCO 8:21 AM PHL 2h 21m -- 757-200
9:35 AM PHL 12:32 PM YHZ 1h 57m -- E170
include taxes and fees $392

Ted: Have you travelled on US Airways before? How was it as compared to our Can airlines?

Actually, I have. Usairways is a member of the Star Alliance, same as air canada. I would easily fly again with US airways. They were fine .. no different than Continental or United, AA etc. Not a step down from AC (now that AC has bag fees!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter