• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marching into March: Exercise Challenge!

PlutoBaby - hope your knee is doing better. With the sudden onset, is it IT band related? Regardless, I know how frustrating it is!

Saturday 3/2 - 60 minutes misc.
Sunday 3/3 - 60 minutes yoga

Total 120/1000

Oh no! I am hoping for the best for you. Don't give up. We are cheering you on towards a better tomorrow.

Thank you!:goodvibes

PlutoBaby - hope your knee is doing better. With the sudden onset, is it IT band related? Regardless, I know how frustrating it is!

Saturday 3/2 - 60 minutes misc.
Sunday 3/3 - 60 minutes yoga

Total 120/1000

I think it is as it's the same darn pain I had in my right knee last year, and it DID turn out to be my IT band. But in BOTH knees?!? Geesh!!!:crazy2:

30 minutes/ 2964 steps on the wii fit
40 minutes dancing to pandora and my music play list

70/1000

3/1 3 minutes - 2 planks; 1 wall sit
3/2 2 minutes - 1 plank; 1 wall sit
3/4 67 minutes - 65 treadmill; 1 plank; 1 walk sit

72/1000

25 minutes of 30 Day Shred yesterday, and 60 minutes of Zumba and a strength training class today. My total is now:

110/1000

This going to be a lot harder than I thought, plus on weekends I tend to talk myself out of doing any exercise! Hopefully this thread will give me some motivation for weekend workouts :)

Just FYI, I will be able to do the full update tonight. Lots more pink and even some orange - only four days in, awesome! You guys rock and I'm super motivated just trying to keep up with everyone!! :)

This going to be a lot harder than I thought, plus on weekends I tend to talk myself out of doing any exercise! Hopefully this thread will give me some motivation for weekend workouts :)

I'm the same way... I'm sick again (gluten) so this morning I woke up and the gym just was not going to happen. But knowing that if I don't show up for practice, the game won't go so well, has been helpful. Also I hate writing "0" in my log on this thread :) soooooo I will hopefully get some exercise in tonight.

30 minutes/ 2964 steps on the wii fit
40 minutes dancing to pandora and my music play list

70/1000

YES! I was so hoping someone would post that they danced! (see the first post) :banana::woohoo::banana: You cut that rug!

30 minutes jogging from zombies on the treadmill

430/1250

Is this the zombies app? Please tell us more about it. :) Do you like it?

I ended up walking more of the next 5 miles than running. I tried to just grit my teeth and get through running a quarter mile at a time, and the knee almost gave out more than once. By the time I got home, DH was waiting for me and I burst into tears!:sad1: I think the possibility of being able to complete a full marathon just isn't going to happen.:sad2: Now I'm worried because I have a 10k this weekend and a Half at the end of March. Hopefully when I go to PT Tuesday night, the news won't be so bad.:confused3

145/1400

So sorry. :( I hope you feel better soon - stay healthy!

3/3: 30 minutes cycling

3/4: 60 minutes dancing my butt off in Zumba.

Just finished my first Zumba class and loved it. Not as enjoyable as nia, but harder.

220/1500

Found a really cool chair cardio workout. They recommended 3-6 rounds, I was barely able to manage 2!

Cardio - 10

Stretch - 8

Strength (upper body) 10

Brings me to

93/600

3/3 - 30 minutes walking
3/4 - 20 minutes walking and 10 minutes strenth training

90/1000

205/1400
Ran 4.55 miles today and did pt. :)
Thanks!
My back got a bit sore over the weekend, but not too bad. :) Happy to be enjoying my workouts again!

I think it is as it's the same darn pain I had in my right knee last year, and it DID turn out to be my IT band. But in BOTH knees?!? Geesh!!!:crazy2:
I have dealt with itbs in both legs. Try some yoga to stretch out your back before running. Foam roller the tender spots. If it hurts like a hammer pounding the outside of your knee while running STOP. You cannot run through it (believe me, I have tried.) I have heard you can do intervals and if it doesn't hurt to walk, then you can keep running through mild pain, but honestly, if it is hurting I would stop and deal with it before it becomes a chronic problem. It is fixable. :)

I'm the same way... I'm sick again (gluten) so this morning I woke up and the gym just was not going to happen. But knowing that if I don't show up for practice, the game won't go so well, has been helpful. Also I hate writing "0" in my log on this thread :) soooooo I will hopefully get some exercise in tonight.
What did you eat? How long have you been g-f? I totally empathize because being glutened is the pits. :(

Found a really cool chair cardio workout. They recommended 3-6 rounds, I was barely able to manage 2!

Cardio - 10

Stretch - 8

Strength (upper body) 10

Brings me to

93/600
Glad you are up and moving about! :)

PlutoBaby said:
3/2 - 100 minute run

Was planning on getting in a 15 miler Saturday. About 6 miles into it, my "good" knee decided it was jealous of the bad one and started acting up. BAD!:scared1: I ended up walking more of the next 5 miles than running. I tried to just grit my teeth and get through running a quarter mile at a time, and the knee almost gave out more than once. By the time I got home, DH was waiting for me and I burst into tears!:sad1: I think the possibility of being able to complete a full marathon just isn't going to happen.:sad2: Now I'm worried because I have a 10k this weekend and a Half at the end of March. Hopefully when I go to PT Tuesday night, the news won't be so bad.:confused3

145/1400

Oh no plutobaby!!! I am sending you knee pixie dust! Seriously tho, don't write off your races, even the marathon, yet. I have been where you are and it's tough to mentally get thru but time does heal. Hang in there.

Speaking of, my knee hurt so much on Saturday after my run so I didn't have high hopes for tonight. Ended up running my fastest magic mile and 5k ever with no pain! Who knows....

45 min tonight: 105/800

I walked/ jogged 30 minutes and lifted weights 20.

Brings me to 480/1250.

I will update more about the zombie app when I can complete the mission. Maybe someone else can chime in. I really love the idea though and so far what I have heard is fantastic.

I planned to do 30 minutes walk/jogging but the kids started playing on a mini frozen pond (their first ever!!) and I just kept on going!! So I did 60 minutes cardio today :cool1:

170/1000

Thank you!!

Yesterday ran a 6K race then spent time with the stability ball and situp.
60 min
Today 30 min upper body and stability ball situps.

New total 210/1200

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter