• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 7th Fast Pass Experiences

Do you really do that? I've asked SWA at the gate and they have always told me to take my minor with me in my A slot.
I've been told my every SW attendant I've asked that everyone in your party can board with the person that has the lowest boarding "number".

I've been told my every SW attendant I've asked that everyone in your party can board with the person that has the lowest boarding "number".

Now, I'm talking minors not adults. I have never been told no at the gate when I bring my 7 year old with me and he has a lower #.

Nope you are not the only one being snarky but most persistent in twisting my words.
Sorry, when it comes to snarky and twisting it is not a debate anymore and I was clear on previous thread I do not participate in fights, yet you keep trying.
You know there is a difference between discussion and getting personal, for you it is all the same.
BTW, did not you said before, you will not respond anymore, wonder how long it will take you this time. Not that I care but some consistency on your part would not hurt.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It was never my intent to "twist your words" or "get personal." I think there were times when your posts conveyed an unintended meaning and then when people (myself included) reacted, you felt that we were twisting your words.

As promised, I stopped debating that issue with you on the other thread. The current debate (although related) is not the exactly the same and it's a different thread, so it's a little unfair of accusing me of going back on my word when the situation is not the same. However, like I said, I am letting you have the last word (unless of course, you consider THIS post to be the last word, in which case I'm a big fat liar!).

In fact, I'll make a grand gesture. To avoid any further misunderstanding, I will NEVER AGAIN post a reply to ANY statement you make.

It's funny --- I've been to Disney TONS of times and I NEVER knew that we were able to use the FP after the lotted time. I always went back and used it inbetween the times given to me. I'm a CM at ESPN and I was just discussing this with my supervisor who used to work for EPCOT and they just let people go later with the FP so it wouldn't make a scene. But I think it's a good thing to enforce the times. You are given times for a reason.

I saw it and once again you assume that it is just one big line we all join more or less at the same time and I was promissed to ride at 3:30 or lets say I am number 864 in line. Then infact I will stay #864 and I will ride at 3:30 no matter how line will distribute, but this is not the case with us joining at different times. I join with particular number of people infront of me with both SB and FP(invisible line) in mind. Now, someone who is not suppose to be there at this time simply extra person I am waiting behind. His turn was before I even joined the line and the fact that line was moving faster at 11AM does not affect me, but delay affects me now. So this is why zero sum works as a big picture, as line management in general but not on individual level.
You have confused me completely. If I join the line in my example then there are the number of people physically in front of me in the standby line plus a maximum of 450. (using my numbers above) No one else is joining the line. I can only assume that when you refer to a "person who is not supposed to be there" you are referring to a late FP user. Since late FP use is a thing of the past (eventually) my example did not factor in late FP use.

My point was that even with enforcement of FP there will still be times when large groups of "legal" FP users can enter the line.

As I read through these different posts all I can say, is what I have said constantly since FP was first introduced....KILL IT! Fastpass is totally unnecessary, unfair in many ways and a constant source of stress for CM's and customers. It needs to be given a proper burial and we should try and let life go on without it. Those that cannot stand having to wait a few minutes for a ride are not the only ones that frequent the parks.

I have always hated FP and nothing that has been discussed in ANY of the billions of threads about the changes has convinced me that anything good comes from it except for the few that can use them. It needs to go the way of the good old ticket books. Lost but not forgotten.

At least you have conviction.

I personally would hate to see it go. I love it for a few reasons: 1) saves time in lines for headliners, 2) It is free and available to anyone with a ticket,(unlike Universal Studios) 3) By reducing wait time it makes for a happier experience, and isn't that what is the most compelling for Disney. Happy customers come back, unhappy don't.

that anything good comes from it except for the few that can use them.

I'm not sure if your entire post was satire or not, but last time I checked, FP was free and could be used by everyone. Sure, there are limited quantities, but all guests have an equal opportunity to acquire them.

Keep in mind... this can (and probably will) still happen with FP enforcement. In fact, it's very likely that tour group was not using FPs late but DURING their window.

At any given time (let's use 12:30pm as an example), everyone with a valid FP COULD all show up at the same time. It's not just people with a return time that STARTS at 12:30pm. This would include everyone with FP return times of:

11:30am-12:30pm
11:35am-12:35pm
11:40am-12:40pm
11:45am-12:45pm
11:50am-12:50pm
11:55am-12:55pm
12:00pm-1:00pm
12:05pm-1:05pm
12:10pm-1:10pm
12:15pm-1:15pm
12:20pm-1:20pm
12:25pm-1:25pm
12:30pm-1:30pm

So you can see that at ANY given time a LOT of people could show up and not be late (anyone happen to know how many FPs are distributed before the return time clock moves ahead 5 minutes?). If there happen to be tour groups at the park, the odds increase of a lot of people showing up all at once. But, if you just happen to have bad luck, lots of individual families could all show up at once by coincidence.

Regardless of the reason the posted wait time increased, I can understand being frustrated because you got into the line on good faith, expecting to be done in time to make your next FP window. If there are complaints, these are the kinds of circumstances most likely to elicit them. It will be difficult for CMs to make a judgment call if a guest is telling them the sign said 30 minutes, but I waited an hour and a half!

I realize that large group I posted about was probably within their window but most of the time people stagger back during their window - it's not usually 100 people showing up in the same exact minute. I understand this problem will continue unless they change or limit the FP distribution somehow to go along with these new enforcements and THAT IS A PROBLEM. If they continue to allow these large obnoxious Brazilian tour groups to run the entire FP system by letting 1 person (their leader) gobble up 1/2 of a days allotment of FP's then it's going to make it impossible in some cases to keep to the FP windows. In the experience I described if we had had FPs for HTOT or RNR and we HAD to be back within 2 hours under the new enforcement of rules we would've missed the window but would've had no idea we were about to miss it until it was too late because nobody updates the FP queue for you once you're IN the queue. Most people also do not invest an hour waiting in a line then to abandon the line to go make a FP return. That doesn't really accomplish anything.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It was never my intent to "twist your words" or "get personal." I think there were times when your posts conveyed an unintended meaning and then when people (myself included) reacted, you felt that we were twisting your words.

As promised, I stopped debating that issue with you on the other thread. The current debate (although related) is not the exactly the same and it's a different thread, so it's a little unfair of accusing me of going back on my word when the situation is not the same. However, like I said, I am letting you have the last word (unless of course, you consider THIS post to be the last word, in which case I'm a big fat liar!).

In fact, I'll make a grand gesture. To avoid any further misunderstanding, I will NEVER AGAIN post a reply to ANY statement you make.

It does not matter what you think the hidden message is in my posts, point is I was very clear with my position, no more, no less, no hidden agenda. When you imply something that is not there, you twist, when I explained again and again just to be clear but you still twist, you do not discuss anymore, you disregard what I say and run on your own assumptions, your own baggage from whatever fights you had before with other people.

I have no problem with you replying to my posts and I am always for a good debate but I am not for snarky comments, funny, yes, sarcastic, yes please, snaky, nope, not for me.

As I read through these different posts all I can say, is what I have said constantly since FP was first introduced....KILL IT! Fastpass is totally unnecessary, unfair in many ways and a constant source of stress for CM's and customers. It needs to be given a proper burial and we should try and let life go on without it.

I have sort of dropped out of this thread cause it's turned into the usual. "Late FP make no difference, yes they do, no they don't" argument that has now become a total bore to read.

BUT, I've seen the above comment posted a few times on this thread and I have to say...you are so unbelievably wrong. I remember back then that if you wanted to wait in line for Splash Mountain after noon, your only choice was a 90-120 minute wait. If you eliminate FPs, that's what you are back to. It won't make the lines any shorter. The people with FP will just have to wait in line with the other. Contrary to what some say, FP DOES work, though maybe not exactly as intended. It gets people standing in line less, and thus making for a better experience.

It works so well in fact that Universal uses a similar (extra cost) system. In addition Disney is clearly NOT getting rid of FP. In fact they are expanding them. So, believe what you want, but you are clearly in the minority by a large percent - regardless of the mad rantings of an internet few.

You have confused me completely. If I join the line in my example then there are the number of people physically in front of me in the standby line plus a maximum of 450. (using my numbers above) No one else is joining the line. I can only assume that when you refer to a "person who is not supposed to be there" you are referring to a late FP user. Since late FP use is a thing of the past (eventually) my example did not factor in late FP use.

My point was that even with enforcement of FP there will still be times when large groups of "legal" FP users can enter the line.

Then we are confused indeed. The person you replied to was talking about zero sum and late FP, did not she. :confused3

Then we are confused indeed. The person you replied to was talking about zero sum and late FP, did not she. :confused3
Yes she mentioned that but I took her point to be more about large groups entering the line at once. Even under the old rules it was highly doubtful, although not impossible, that 100 users entering the line at one time were using late FP's.

I am pretty much attempting not to go back into the late use discussions as they are pointless as of yesterday.

And in reference to the point of this thread, has anyone seen any report from today as to whether they are continuing their "lenient but with a lecture" enforcement of the new rules?

Yes she mentioned that but I took her point to be more about large groups entering the line at once. Even under the old rules it was highly doubtful, although not impossible, that 100 users entering the line at one time were using late FP's.

I am pretty much attempting not to go back into the late use discussions as they are pointless as of yesterday.

And in reference to the point of this thread, has anyone seen any report from today as to whether they are continuing their "lenient but with a lecture" enforcement of the new rules?

Ok then.:)
On a present issue, I also wondering what is happening today. It was quiet weird the way they did it yesterday.

If you are at the parks today, please post and let us know how the new Fast Pass system is being enforced. Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Thanks!

Just curious, of the 233 posts so far how many include an answer or attempt to answer the question in the original post?

With all the smart phones out there we should have live reports on FP returns.

Also, are all the fastpass windows 1 hour in all parks? So you get a 1 hour to maybe 1 hour and 15 minutes to get you body back to the ride?

Do all fastpass machines have the lighted sign above showing the return time being printed now? So if you walk up and see a return time for your ADR you can skip it and get a FP somewhere else.

I think they are handling the transition in a most Disneylike manner. There is no rush as the new system doesn't seem to be going into service in the near future so why not ease everyone, guest and CM's alike, into the new rules.

Just curious, of the 233 posts so far how many include an answer or attempt to answer the question in the original post?

With all the smart phones out there we should have live reports on FP returns.

That's not going to get us much information on the enforcement, however...

Also, are all the fastpass windows 1 hour in all parks? So you get a 1 hour to maybe 1 hour and 15 minutes to get you body back to the ride?

Yes. The only exceptions I have ever seen at WDW was for show-based FPs, which they don't use often, as they were FPs for specific show times in most cases.

Do all fastpass machines have the lighted sign above showing the return time being printed now?

No.

"Wait, what do you mean?" you ask? You asked if they all add "the lighted sign". Not all of them have lights. ;)

All of them do have return time clock signs though.

I'm gonna fastpass this thread. Hopefully by the time I get back it won't be as bad as it is now!

I'm gonna fastpass this thread. Hopefully by the time I get back it won't be as bad as it is now!

OK, but remember...you have to return between post 275 and 300. Maybe 315, depending on the moderator's mood. Otherwise you have to go and read all the posts again before posting...

As I read through these different posts all I can say, is what I have said constantly since FP was first introduced....KILL IT! Fastpass is totally unnecessary, unfair in many ways and a constant source of stress for CM's and customers. It needs to be given a proper burial and we should try and let life go on without it. Those that cannot stand having to wait a few minutes for a ride are not the only ones that frequent the parks.

I have always hated FP and nothing that has been discussed in ANY of the billions of threads about the changes has convinced me that anything good comes from it except for the few that can use them. It needs to go the way of the good old ticket books. Lost but not forgotten.
I have to ask, what exactly do you perceive as wrong with the Fastpass system?

I know people argue the whole accept/don't accept late fastpasse issue, but in general, I don't think I have EVER read on any Disney forum or blog or heard anyone, besides you, say that they need to totally trash the Fastpass system. Many companies have even tried to duplicate the enormous success of the Fastpass system. I have never, myself, felt that using the Fastpass system was "stressful." In fact, I have found that is makes my Disney vacation much less stressful - as I think the majority of Disney visitors would attest to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter