March 30, 2013 - Wonder 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise

I mentioned it in a previous post. The best tip we ever got was to bring a plastic shoe organizer to hang over the bathroom door for toiletries. Counter space is at a premium.

love, love, love the over the door shoe organizer!!

One thing that might come in handy is a drink carrier from a fast food place. We nominate a runner to bring drinks back to the room while we're all getting ready. The carrier makes the trip so much easier to manage.

Most of all remember you're there to have a great time. Smile at everyone, help that grandmother put the stroller on the tram at castaway, skip to dinner, learn the magical, mystical game called shuffleboard, take a nap, eat ice cream several times a day.

Best tips I've gotten from the DIS (in addition to all those listed above) are...

Buy Motion Eaze for seasickness. You can get it on Amazon or at WalMart. It's an oil that you dab behind your ears to combat the motion. Worked great for me and my girls. There's also free meds (I think Bonine?) outside the ship's clinic. The first night can be tough if you aren't used to boats.

Bring a nightlight for your kids if they are used to one at home

Bring glow sticks, they make everyone happy! Especially on Pirate Night

Last cruise I brought an over the door show organizer but didn't need to use it. I also brought a large power strip and it was too big to set out. I bought at Target a small power strip that has two outlets and a USB port. The Wave Phones need to charge and then you've got your phones, ipads, camera, etc.

Bring a small car air freshener for the bathroom

When dropping off items at Guest Services to get signed by the characters (last time we had pillowcases signed, this trip I have Glow In the Dark Vinylmations), I bring my own Sharpies & throw in a bag of candy for the CMs that take the time to do this.

I also brought a bag of candy for each of the Kids Clubs - the CMs in there cannot accept cash tips. On our last cruise the CMs were so excited to get some treats and appreciated the gesture. We also had some candy leftover that I brought for the kids to snack on during movies. I gave those individual packs to our servers and our room steward in addition to their cash tips.

If you aren't going to be in the MDR, let your servers know ahead of time if possible. That way they won't have drinks waiting for you, etc.

We love the Rainforest room! And ditto for the spa/gym showers.

Bring or make some magnets for your door. At the very least, it will help you & your family find your door in those long hallways. Even your favorite ones off the fridge will do! No need to get fancy. There are several people on the DIS that will make some for you as well.

Have a Konk Kooler on CC!

Relax and have fun! We found the CMs as well as most of the guests to be so friendly :goodvibes

Awesome tips!i was wondering if anyone had and tips or suggestions for what to do in Miami?? We get in Thursday night and have all day Friday, then we will also have all day Thursday after we leave the cruise anyone ever gone on an Everglades tour??

Thanks
Xo-Angie

These are some great tips. I have been on three other Disney cruises and I have not heard many of these before. Thanks for all of the good ideas.

For Cozumel, our all time favorite was the dolphin encounter; we did not book through Disney but went on our own and had a great time. My kids still talk about it after six years.

For Miami, I have been to the Everglades and did an airboat ride. It was awesome. It was about a 30 minute drive from Miami. I think there are many options for this type of activity.

If you haven't been to South Beach, there are some great restraunts and the beach itself is a lot of fun. There are some places that rent bicycles that you can ride up and down the boardwalk. Of course, I have heard that there have been a lot of sharks in the waters off of the Florida coast lately :eek:

Two more weeks!!!!!!!!

These are some great tips. I have been on three other Disney cruises and I have not heard many of these before. Thanks for all of the good ideas.

For Cozumel, our all time favorite was the dolphin encounter; we did not book through Disney but went on our own and had a great time. My kids still talk about it after six years.

For Miami, I have been to the Everglades and did an airboat ride. It was awesome. It was about a 30 minute drive from Miami. I think there are many options for this type of activity.

If you haven't been to South Beach, there are some great restraunts and the beach itself is a lot of fun. There are some places that rent bicycles that you can ride up and down the boardwalk. Of course, I have heard that there have been a lot of sharks in the waters off of the Florida coast lately :eek:

Two more weeks!!!!!!!!

i know.. and i havent planned any activity.. or bought my board shorts.. what else can you suggest to do in cozumel? should i book an activity? or should i just wing it?

great tips.. will keep that in mind.. any advice for conzumel? what activities are worth it?

Last year we went on our own to Nachi Cocum which is a private beach club. All inclusive for food and drinks, they had a nice beach with chairs and palapas (the straw umbrellas) and a pool. My husband paid extra and went snorkeling with friends and he enjoyed it. Are you adults only? With kids? There are alot of these beach clubs, Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach are others.

We're doing the Cozumel Beach Break. Friends of ours did it last year and said it was really good. It's an all inclusive beach with good food and drinks and water activities. DD11 and I will probably enjoy the beach, while DH is in the shade eating/drinking - lol

i know.. and i havent planned any activity.. or bought my board shorts.. what else can you suggest to do in cozumel? should i book an activity? or should i just wing it?

My daughter and I are doing the Adventure Park excursion in Cozumel. We had some friends recommend this activity and thought we would give it a try. Personally, I like to have a plan in place, but continue to look at other options, just in case I find something better.;)

My daughter and I are doing the Adventure Park excursion in Cozumel. We had some friends recommend this activity and thought we would give it a try. Personally, I like to have a plan in place, but continue to look at other options, just in case I find something better.;)

I am booked at Xplor but i have been reading in the forums and the internet that it wasnt worth it... i might cancel.. because ill just be there for 5 hours.. $195 and alot of trips... i have been reading that it usually is cheaper if i book with the locals... so i dont know i am trying to get as much as i can for my money.. and i am by my self.. young male adult seeking adventure and fun stuff.. and i really wanna taste the local delicacy.. any advice?

great tips.. will keep that in mind.. any advice for conzumel? what activities are worth it?

We've been once as an adults. I'll leave what we did back in the day in the past.

The ruins are OK, rough with small kids as the terrain is really not meant for strollers. Paradise Beach was pretty good, and I didn't think it was steep in price. We rented a car to allow us the chance to see the place at our own pace. Some parts of the island are a little rough, so be mindful of this.

-M

We've been once as an adults. I'll leave what we did back in the day in the past.

The ruins are OK, rough with small kids as the terrain is really not meant for strollers. Paradise Beach was pretty good, and I didn't think it was steep in price. We rented a car to allow us the chance to see the place at our own pace. Some parts of the island are a little rough, so be mindful of this.

-M

how much is renting a car? and what do you mean by rough? is this what your going to do this time?

FE is short for fish extender. outside each door on the cruise there is some sort of sea creature and different families give each other gifts!

how much is renting a car? and what do you mean by rough? is this what your going to do this time?

I honestly don't recall exactly how much. Memory (meaning my wife) tells me it was around $50 with all the fee's. Rough = you either let them walk or you will be carrying them for a fair amount. I personally liked it, just know it's not for everyone. We are likely going to do one of the Dolphin adventures. [Shh! don't tell my girls! It's a surprise]

I just talked to DCL and they gave me this address to ship to the ship:

SMS International Shore Operations
125 NE 9th Street
Miami, FL 33132

They said it needed to be at this office by 3pm on Friday (3/29/13). The package also needed to have the following information on the lower left corner of the box:

Your Name
Sail Date
Ship Date
Stateroom Number
Package contents

This address is different than the Warehouse address. I think I'm going to go ahead and send my box since we are traveling (flying) with small kids. I can't believe it is almost here...I judge how close vacation is as to whether I can check out the 10 day forecast. We are going down the day before, so tomorrow I get the 10 day forecast! Whoo Hoo! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter