March 30, 2013 - Wonder 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise

Hi there,

I checked and Salsa & Salsa can only be booked thru DCL. I e-mailed them today to inquire about rates and they said that I would have to book with my "shore excursion desk" as per their contracts w/the cruise lines. It's a bit steep ($89 per adult, $60 per child), but the reviews sound like it's worth it.

Michele

Hello all! I finally quit fighting the urge and booked this cruise, it'll be me and DD(22) and DS(13). This will be our first on the Wonder and first time I've ever been to Miami.

Bon Voyage!! :wave2:

tdizzle said:
Hello all! I finally quit fighting the urge and booked this cruise, it'll be me and DD(22) and DS(13). This will be our first on the Wonder and first time I've ever been to Miami.

Bon Voyage!! :wave2:

Welcome aboard!

We are in...just off the Magic. This will now be our fifth for "Gold" status, though it seems that's not what it used to be. Anyone interested in doing a Fish Extender?

Our family participated for the first time on this last cruise and it was a blast! The girls couldn't wait to come back to the cabin to see what was waiting for them.

I guess I should introduce us...

I'm Matt from Roswell, GA, along with DW Jodi, DD Madelyn 10 and DD Jocelyn 3. This cruise will be a Birthday cruise for us all since we are all in March.

Can't wait!
We've never done the FE on our cruise, but I think we might like to do it this time!

Hello. We will be joining this fun filled Easter cruise. Our 3 DS: 6, 4, and 8 months when we cruise will be along for the adventure. This is our second cruise on the Wonder. Trying to figure out details on where to stay and getting to the port as we fly into FLL the day before. Anyone found any great ideas!

Hello. We will be joining this fun filled Easter cruise. Our 3 DS: 6, 4, and 8 months when we cruise will be along for the adventure. This is our second cruise on the Wonder. Trying to figure out details on where to stay and getting to the port as we fly into FLL the day before. Anyone found any great ideas!

HI - Welcome to the group, I think it's going to be a great trip. We are also flying into FLL the day before. I haven't figured out transport from FLL to Miami yet (probably using SAS Transportation), but we are staying at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. We took advantage of their cruise package and will take their shuttle to the port the next day.

Hi everyone,

Since these 5 Night cruises don't start until January, I took a peek at the 5 night NY cruise to see what the dining rotation was. Looks like Day 2 is "Dress Up" and Day 4 is "Pirate Night", the rest are cruise casual. Does that seem right?

Anyone know what shows they will have on the Wonder for just a 5 night? We've only been on the Magic, so I'm not familiar with the shows. Trying to plan ahead so when we can check-in I can book Palo on a night where I don't feel like we're "missing" anything elsewhere on the ship.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Michele

My DD (17) and I will be joining this cruise. She has no idea about it as it is a Christmas, Birthday, and Graduation surprise. We have been on three Disney cruises and have loved them all. We have taken each of our kids on a trip alone with Mom or Dad when they graduate. Our only stipulation was that they had to fly somewhere in the continental United States. Since the cruises go outside of the U.S., our daughter has no clue and I can't wait for her to find out at Christmas. I think that she would live on Castaway Cay if we would let her.:thumbsup2

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Wendy

Waiting for 11:00 pm to book Palo and our excursions in Cozumel. This will be our third cruise on the Wonder and 10th cruise overall. Myself, DW, DD10, DD5, and DS1. I saw an earlier post on Salsa & Salsa - my wife and DD10 did it on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage and absolutely loved it.

I can't believe it's only 105 days away! Booked Palo brunch this morning. Really looking forward to our Spring Break getaway!

Waiting for 11:00 pm to book Palo and our excursions in Cozumel. This will be our third cruise on the Wonder and 10th cruise overall. Myself, DW, DD10, DD5, and DS1. I saw an earlier post on Salsa & Salsa - my wife and DD10 did it on the Fantasy Maiden Voyage and absolutely loved it.

Thanks for the thumbs up on Salsa & Salsa.

I've paid in full, got my trip insurance squared away, and waiting for Dec. 30th for check-in!

I've got a character call set up for Christmas morning to tell our girls about the cruise. You can sign up for two calls in case anyone wants to do that as well :thumbsup2

Thanks for the thumbs up on Salsa & Salsa.

I've paid in full, got my trip insurance squared away, and waiting for Dec. 30th for check-in!

I've got a character call set up for Christmas morning to tell our girls about the cruise. You can sign up for two calls in case anyone wants to do that as well :thumbsup2

My wife and DD10 signed up for Salsa and Salsa last night.

Michele - Did you get the Disney trip insurance or go through another company? I need to decide in the next few weeks before our balance is due. I also need to figure out an excursion for Cozumel. This is our first cruise so our booking window doesn't open up for a while yet. Now that Christmas is over I need to re-focus on cruise planning!

Thanks Michele - That is cheaper than the Disney insurance and also covers airfare so a much better deal (and TravelGuard gets good reviews on the Dis). Thanks for the tip!

Will there be a formal or semi-formal night on this cruise? Do you know in advance what theme nights there will be (so you know what to pack)? Or do you just guess based on prior cruises?

audrey13 said:
Will there be a formal or semi-formal night on this cruise? Do you know in advance what theme nights there will be (so you know what to pack)? Or do you just guess based on prior cruises?

We were in the Dream for a 5-night cruise this past Easter. I just checked the Navigators -
There was Pirate, Semi-Formal, Optional Dress up and 2-cruise casual evenings. You repeated two main DR's in the rotation - first repeat was Pirate menu and second repeat was final night for Til We Meet Again Menu.

Hope this helps

Checked in last night (& this morning) and saw that Pirate Night is on Day Three/Cozumel. Hopefully now that the cruises are starting out of Miami some DISers will share navigators.

There were two cabanas left on Serenity Bay as of last night if anyone is looking for one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter