March 30, 2013 - Wonder 5 night Western Caribbean Cruise

Mtkgal

Earning My Ears
We are just under a year now! We can't wait to be back on DCL.

Who is joining us on this Easter cruise?

We have 13 people between 3 families on this cruise. 7 adults and 6 kiddos ranging in ages 5 - 12.

I haven't been able to find much info on the Miami port yet. We usually arrange our own transport from the airport. Any suggestions on limo companies in the area?

Hello!

We are currently booked on a Med cruise for 2013, but decided to switch to this Easter cruise on the Wonder! It will be me, DH, DD7 and DD5. This will be our second DCL cruise. We just sailed on the Magic over President's Day week. Had a great time.

Haven't seen much info on Miami yet, but I'm sure we'll get some DISers to help out. DH is a Marriott Rewards member for work, so chances are we'll fly in from Detroit the night before and stay at a Marriott by the port (there is one close by I think, have to check on Tripadvisor or Google it). Not sure if we'll rely on taxis or get a rental car.

My TA and I have been playing phone tag, so I hope we connect tomorrow so I can get the room I want (I know the category is available).

Thanks for starting the cruise meet thread!

Michele

Hi Michele - It will be fun to see who else is joining our cruise.

I found this thread that is about the Port of Miami, it's still being created but will the spot to go for info: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2897908

Debating do we fly into Miami or Fort Lauderdale. It's too far out to even check airfare prices.

Thanks for the link to the Miami thread.

Yeah, our travel agent recommended keeping our eyes out for when airfare some out because it's such a poplar week to travel. She said typically it's cheaper to fly into FLL than MIA. We're close to DTW which is a Delta hub, so we'll just have to see what works out best. We'll fly down the night before and stay in Miami, but I am also thinking maybe we should spend a day or two in FLL after the cruise before heading home.

Lots of time to decide!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

We just booked this trip after sailing a 5-nighter on the Dream this past Easter. Since the Dream isnt doing double-dips next year, we thought the Wonder with two sea days would be just as nice!

Friends of ours will also be onboard - we sailed together on the Dream and on the 2009 SSMC - and have had a blast with them.

Thanks for starting the "meet" thread - I've been watching for it, but didn't know how to get one going.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone before we kick off Spring with an awesome trip!

We are in...just off the Magic. This will now be our fifth for "Gold" status, though it seems that's not what it used to be. Anyone interested in doing a Fish Extender?

Our family participated for the first time on this last cruise and it was a blast! The girls couldn't wait to come back to the cabin to see what was waiting for them.

I guess I should introduce us...

I'm Matt from Roswell, GA, along with DW Jodi, DD Madelyn 10 and DD Jocelyn 3. This cruise will be a Birthday cruise for us all since we are all in March.

Can't wait!

I've got my eyes on airfare already -- same price for us to fly into either FLL or MIA, so we'll fly into MIA if those prices hold.

I also stumbled upon a great deal for the JW Marriott Marquis so I booked our room for the night before the cruise. Plans (so far) are to fly home the day we disembark.

My family and I booked this cruise last week. So excited.
It will be me, DH, DS-12, DD-8. We won't tell the kids until Christmas and it is so hard for me to contain my excitement. This is not my first cruise, but it will be for the rest of my family and to top it off, its DISNEY!!!!

For anyone that was hoping to fly on Southwest, they just yesterday opened booking through April. I booked our airfare last night. So relieved to have that out of the way.

So we will fly into Fort Lauderdale on Friday the 29th and stay at the Comfort Inn Miami North that night.

So excited, wish I could speed up time!

I booked our cruise last week. This is also our 5th Disney cruise and our 2nd fish extender exchange. We had a great time with the last FE exchange!

On this cruise, it will be myself, my DH, and my 2 DD (ages 14 and 10).

My family and I booked this cruise last week. So excited.
It will be me, DH, DS-12, DD-8. We won't tell the kids until Christmas and it is so hard for me to contain my excitement. This is not my first cruise, but it will be for the rest of my family and to top it off, its DISNEY!!!!

We decided to wait and tell our girls at Christmas as well :) Seems like a pretty good present to me!

This will be our 3rd DCL cruise (Wonder 3/10, Dream 10/11). I'll be traveling with my DH, DD (5 yr), and DS (1 yr). Our daughter's best friend (5 yr) and her family will be taking their first cruise with us. We've all been keeping it a secret too. We are going to have one of those magical "We're going to Disney right now" moments the morning we leave. :cool1:

This will be our first time cruising out of Miami, so I'm looking forward to all of the suggestions as we get closer to our trip.

Hi everyone,

WOW! Flights are already out of control. I should have booked in the summer. C'est la vie!

Do you think we'll be ok with an 11:15 flight out of Miami on Thursday as a return? Any suggestions would be great. Price are pretty much the same going in/out of other airports (FLL or PBI).

We're beholden to Delta here in Detroit (being a major hub) so that's my best option.

Thanks in advance!
Michele

Hi everyone,

WOW! Flights are already out of control. I should have booked in the summer. C'est la vie!

Do you think we'll be ok with an 11:15 flight out of Miami on Thursday as a return? Any suggestions would be great. Price are pretty much the same going in/out of other airports (FLL or PBI).

We're beholden to Delta here in Detroit (being a major hub) so that's my best option.

Thanks in advance!
Michele

Hey Michele,

Sorry I missed your post. Did you end up booking that flight? I would say you should be fine making an 11:15 flight. Maybe you could keep your luggage with you in your room to speed up the disembarking process? I'm not sure how the Miami port works, but on our last cruise out of PC we were off the ship by 8:00am. Anyways hope it worked out for you.

I was a little shocked by the flight prices, I guess you pay for traveling around a holiday.

Sam

Hi Sam!

Thanks for the reassurance! I actually booked a 5:40pm flight once I re-did my search. And the price came down a bit, so alls well the ends well :). My in-laws live in Naples, FL, so I think they are going to pick us up at the port and spend the day with us before dropping us off at the airport.

Have you thought about any excursions yet? I am leaning toward Salsa & Salsa in Cozumel, it gets fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. We went to Nachi Cocum on our last cruise & had fun, but want something different this time.

Michele

This will be our first cruise. I am getting more excited as I read up on things on the boards. At first cruising looked a little daunting!

Michele - We are flying in and out of Detroit as well, and will be on the 5:40 pm flight home on Thursday. I guess we'll have to find something to do that day in Miami. I didn't realize when we booked the flights that we would get off the cruise so early that day.

I have started thinking about excursions for Cozumel. It is a little tricky because I have an 11 yr old son and a 3 1/2 yr old daughter so we are limited in what excursions we can do, but I also want something interesting for my son. Since we will be doing the beach at CC, I want to do something different in Cozumel. So we're still doing some reseach on options.

Hi Audrey - Go Blue!

This will be our second cruise, we were on the Magic in February, and we really enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere. I bet you'll find lots to do in Miami on Thursday before departing for the airport. Maybe do a one-way car rental from a place close to the port & go to the beach? Or to Zoo Miami or the Miami Science Center and a late lunch. Then you can return the car at the airport. Plus that way you'll have a place for your luggage.

I find that looking on TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic (their boards) have helped me with excursion questions. You can search by destination, and Cozumel is in the Caribbean section, not Mexico. That might give you some help in finding something for your son. He may like snorkeling or fishing excursions. When we went to Nachi Cocum my DH did a snorkeling excursion with his friend while the girls and I hung out on the beach. I think they were gone for about two hours.

Hope that helps!
Michele
PS - The Passporter book on Disney Cruises is a good reference if you like guide books. And it's written by a couple from A2!

Hi Sam!

Thanks for the reassurance! I actually booked a 5:40pm flight once I re-did my search. And the price came down a bit, so alls well the ends well :). My in-laws live in Naples, FL, so I think they are going to pick us up at the port and spend the day with us before dropping us off at the airport.

Have you thought about any excursions yet? I am leaning toward Salsa & Salsa in Cozumel, it gets fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. We went to Nachi Cocum on our last cruise & had fun, but want something different this time.

Michele

Haven't looked into excursions yet. I was originally thinking about Nachi Cocum but then realized we'd do beach a CC. I haven't looked at any of the other options. Are you going to book with DCL or book on your own? I'll have to look up the Salsa & Salsa excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter