• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 25, 2006- Anyone else?

Hi... another sunny day in Chi Town..

Inbetween what is labeled the broadcast center and the back of the Mickey slide, on Deck 9 is the Goofy Family Pool. Also on Deck 9, below where the broadcast center is where the stage and band are. I think we are meeting on Deck 10, the side by the terminal, closer to the Broadcast center than the backside of the Mickey slide, above the band and stage area so we can all see the sailaway show.. Having said that , I haven't been on the Magic since the Dumbotron was added , so we may end up closer to the back side of the Mickey slide...I am going to check some pictures... and be right back..

efee7772.jpg

This is deck 9 by the Goofy Pool,and stage. The person in blue shirt is walking on the stage and the round roofed part on the right side is where the band plays ( note the speakers). The stairs in the picture are coming from Deck 10. We are looking to meet on Deck 10 over looking the band part, which is on the right side of the stage.. or 1 level up from where this picture was taken.

Does that help or make it more confusing?

geffric, looking at your two posts and the picture does make it make sense. :thumbsup2

Later today, I'll post a picture of the wristband.

I've never seen it, but I see the Travel Channel is showing its program on DCL this week on 3/14 at 10 pm, 3/15 at 1 am, 3/16 at 7 pm, 3/17 at 2 am, and 3/18 at 3pm (all times Eastern). You may want to double-check your local listings if you're going to tape it.

myboysmom said:
Got our docs last night- and yes it was the luggage tags and the boarding passes.
myboysmom: I was puzzled as our documents had the transportation voucher (transit from airport to cruise terminal, but no actual "ticket" or boarding passes. I asked TA, and she said that since we did everything online, we only bring the online signature sheet, and have no "boarding pass". Do you have a boarding pass that is for embarkation?

For everyone: as a charter member of OA (overplanners anonymous) the approach of the actual cruise is bittersweet... I have enjoyed all the anticipation....

dlf246 all we got was luggage tags and the bahama immigration form. And a letter that said since we did everything on line that was all we needed plus the signature page that we printed from the online form..

dlf246,

As we are driving, our transportation page was blank. We got a little book that looks like the old boarding passes you would get for planes, pre-internet, I guess that is what I would call "boarding passes". We did the internet check in, so I presume all we would really need to bring is the signature sheet as well. We have the Bahama's form as well, one for each of us.

I can relate about all the planning. We have been at this since Oct. 2004. The cruise will go way too fast!

By the way, I was able to ge a "dry box" at a local travel store for less than $4. If you have any stores that specialize in just travel you might be able to find one there and save a few dollars from the ship.

This is the current version of the list that I have in word.. did I update everyone?

babs4 (Indiana) – DW, DH, DD13, DD18, DGM

*camom (Southern California) – DW, DH, DD6, DD10, DD12 (Emily soccerfire11). Early seating.

*dlf246 (Scott; Little Rock, Ark.) – DH, DW, DD5, DS14, DD16. Early seating.

DMKaren (Nashville, TN) – DW, DH, DM, DB, DD10, DD12.

Flags - DH, DW, DD11,DD9,DS5,DS1 early seating

*geffric (Susan; NW Chicago suburbs) – DW, DH, DS12, and DS14 (turning 15 on cruise). Late seating. Room 5020.

*gimpeaux (Jim; Highland Park, IL) – DH, DW, and DD12 (monkeybug94). Late seating, but wait-listed for early. Room 5002.

jcuzzort1026 (Jennifer) – DW, DH, and DD2.

lflynn – DW, DH, DD almost 9. Late seating. Room 2072. First-time DCL cruisers.

mickeyworld (Judy; Wilmington, NC) - DD11 (Rachel (pfmgirl), DD15 (Kayla), and guest DD14. Traveling with another family with DH, DW, and DD12. Early seating.

*Mickeymagic – DW and DD14 (DDMickeymagic). Traveling with DSis, and DSis’s DD4 and DS16. Late seating.

*Minneapolismickey – DW, DH, DS4, DS7. Late seating. Room 7000.

*myboysmom (Madison, WI area) – DW,DH, DS7 (1st grade), DS 12 (6th grade). Early seating. Room 7012.

nucruzer – DW, DH, DD11, DS13, DGM.

* Riggins - DW, DH, and my 2 DDs (oldest is 4 and my youngest will turn 3 on 4/2).

*skibum (Hawthorn Woods, IL) –DH, DW, DD9, DD13 (Minnie328, turning 14 on cruise). Room 5022. DGM and DGP in Room 5518.

Starfish-Destin (Post # 240).

* Stay_home_Dad_Scott – DH, DW, and 2 friends who are celebrating their 25th anniversary.

Geffric,

I ordered wristbands for the family. You can put a * next to our name if you wish.

Thanks,

Jen :cool1:

:wave: Hi everyone-just came up for air after digging out of the 6 inches of heavy Minnesota March snow that we got last night. This is the first day that I was glad that we were not headed this morning to Florida! First school snow day in at least 3 years :cool1:

geffric- thanks for the review of where to meet. I presume that if we stay on the right side of deck 10 while facing the movie screen and band, we will find you all, especially looking for gimpeaux with 40 wrist bands on! :yay:

We received a little booklet that looked like the old fashioned airplane tickets too. The documents were redundant with those online, so I presume that you only need to fill them out if you didn't do it online. I will bring them all just in case, but they don't seem necessary if you already filled them out online.

So hard to get through this next week and a half... :hourglass

dlf246 said:
For everyone: as a charter member of OA (overplanners anonymous) the approach of the actual cruise is bittersweet... I have enjoyed all the anticipation....

::yes:: we booked on board 2 years ago.. Had a place holder date until spring 2006 opened, then on the first day, Sue Ellen at DU moved our reservation to 3/25 ... so I have been thinking and talking about this cruise for a long time...

DH has a different planning horizon, long term to him is what is for dinner once he comes home from work.:rolleyes: LOL.. so the boys haven't anticipating this for as long.. :confused3

BTW I did get them to finally try on shorts yesterday.found out that Eric has outgrown all of his shorts from last year. Luckily he can wear Geoff's from last year and geoff had some that I bought at the end of the year clearance that were the next size up.... so I can wash clothes and start to stage things. They will be gone this weekend at a boy scout camping trip in MI, so I will have the whole weekend to obsessively plan and over plan and do laundry ... The big question is laundry...
4.gif
. We have only been on the Eastern so I had an extra ship day to do laundry but with so little time, I wonder if I can get by without doing any laundry???

What do you think?

Not too much longer and it is our time on the Magic..

5.gif

:thumbsup2 Geffric- you can add to the list that we have early seating.

Still no docs/luggage tags! :confused3 We'll call TA tomorrow to see what's going on. He said he mailed them from Florida last Wednesday.

Sorry about the delay in taking and posting a wristband picture -- yesterday got away from me, and today work got busy. Maybe tomorrow.

geffric, my hope is not to do any laundry while I am on the ship. That being said, I do have boys- so I am going to "be prepared". I have some laundry tabs from a trip a few years ago and I am throwing them into our stuff just to be safe. My folks were on a HAL Western last year and didn't do any laundry. I think I can make it too.

We didn't get the snow yesterday that the northern part of the state did. We had thunderstorms on Sunday night, a cold wind and snow yesterday and a bright sunny cold day to start (currently 22 degrees). It is supposed to get to the mid-40s today. We will see. I am so glad that we will be going someplace warm and sunny soon. Checking the 15 day forcast for Cocoa Beach the weather isn't going to be that warm- only a high of 68 degrees the day we sail :( and 71 in Key West. I was hoping for it to be much warmer! Oh well, it will be much better than here.

I saw that relatively chilly forecast on Accuweather as well, myboysmom, and chose to disregard it. In the past, I have found that when the vacation rolls around, what the forecast said 15 days in advance has almost always been wrong. Call me a cockeyed optimist, but I think it will be in the upper 70s when we sail and 80 in Key West. :sunny:

myboysmom said:
I have some laundry tabs from a trip a few years ago and I am throwing them into our stuff just to be safe.
myboysmom: strange thing... if you look at the various posts on "what to bring" lists, DW & I have noticed more people bringing small liquid tide bottles, instead of the tablets. Then when we went to one store, they told us they no longer carry tablets! Haven't tried elsewhere yet...
And on the weather front, I'm hoping all that precipitation predicted for middle of next week will empty the clouds out and leave only sunshine for us!!

myboysmom said:
I do have boys- so I am going to "be prepared". I

It's not only boys...you should see my sister...she's always getting food on herself.. :rotfl: :sad2: Anyways, we bought Tide-to-go. It's that stuff that you rub on yourself if you get something on yourself. It will work good for pictures on the ship. :boat:

To bad the weather won't be too warm...but atleast we're on the cruise! :cheer2:

I will choose to ignore any cool weather forecast in the future. Like gimpeaux says, I have found that they are usually totally wrong until you get within the week. Hopefully the temperatures will be much warmer when we look this time next week.

Funny thing happened today...We were out playing in our fabulous new snow and upon returning to the house we smelled gas. We called the gas company and were told to evacuate immediately. We were not even supposed to turn off the portable phone until they arrived to investigate. Well :crazy: , as you can imagine...I had to run back in the house for my purse, a pacifier for my niece and of course our passports and the cruise documents. (Everything was ultimately fine, just a small leak out of the oven). Can you tell that nothing is going to stop us from getting on that boat in two weeks? We may not have any clothes, or a house for that matter, but we'll see you on that ship! :rotfl2:

Hi,

I don't feel like bringing Tide from California. Can I buy it on the ship?

Also, I drink a Red Bull every morning, do they sell them on board? Maybe this will help me break my caffeine addiction. It's the only caffeine I have all day. So I can wake up and be like this :banana: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks,

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter