• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 25, 2006- Anyone else?

camom3 said:
Minnie328 - I showed my DD12 your report and she loved it.

You should post the link here.

Jen

It's here

OK. For school we had to do a report on a dream vacation with no price limit, so I did mine on our cruise, but I am staying in the Walt Suite, doing a bunch of shore excursions, etc. (When I did this report I didn't know we weren't going to Cozumel, so it says we still are...just don't tell my teacher that we aren't...lol)

dlf246 said:
I'm amazed at the open rooms. I wonder if DCL is beginning to experience a customer reaction to not going to Cozumel with Carnival/Princess having returned?? On the other hand, these openings happened long after final payment was due??

We told our DD5 tonight about the cruise. It was really funny, while she was excited, we could not get her to understand a Disney CRUISE. She kept saying, "so we're going to Disney World??" and we would say no, but it is a Disney ship. finally, DS14 seemed to help her understand by saying it is a sort of Disney World on a ship....

Whatever the reason, I'm happy. More :sunny: for us!!

I did a little "AWWWWWWWWW" when I read your little story ther! :goodvibes

babs4 said:
babs4 here, since I last posted our traveling party has changed. It will be dh,dw,dd18,dd13 and dgrandmother if it makes any difference.

of course it makes a different.. ;) I changed the list.. are your early or late?

Gimpeaux we have done the 8:30 before and it is nice not to have to rush.. Last cruise, after the sail away party, we sat and relxed and watch from deck 10 the terminal fade out of side and watched the boat as it sailed along the shore. DH and I remarked that it was nice to relax and not have to scurry about getting ready for dinner.

On the last cruises Saturday night is the least dressy for dinner, as some people haven't gotten suticase, due to later flights, DCL told every one come as you are.. So we just sat on deck 10 , watched the shore go by and had a drink and started our vacation right..

dlf246 did you show her the DCL dvd? So she can see the Mickey boat? The first time we cruised eric was 4 and he was very worried that there wouldn't be any food that he would eat. On the first night, he told the server what kinds of food he would eat and of course it was all on the children's menu so no worries. But our server made a big fuss over him and brought him chocolate milks, and a huge platter if watermelon and kept checking with him all the cruise to make sure he is okay..

In fact on our last cruise, Eric, who is still a picky eater, only eats Cesear salad. So every night our server made sure that he had one, even if it was not on the menu, and one night he had to go to Polo to get it..

One more thing, than I need to get back to cooking,I am trying to make several meals as I will be out of town for a few days and the boys will need food other than frozen pizza, McDs, ice cream and cookies etc..

If anyone who is late seating wants to link dining, can sit at the same table or next to each other.. let me know..

geffric said:
If anyone who is late seating wants to link dining, can sit at the same table or next to each other.. let me know..

:confused3 Maybe now that DDad (gimpeaux), DMom and I have decided to stay at late dining, we'll see about getting a table near you, if not linking ressies?!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping2: :jumping3: :simba: :dumbo: :figment: :stitch: :goofy: :maleficen :hmghost: :sulley: :tigger: I am almost bouncing off the walls more than these smilies--I CAN'T WAIT!!

geffric said:
dlf246 did you show her the DCL dvd? So she can see the Mickey boat?
Great idea, I had shown it to the older kids a long time ago and forgot about it. Thanks!

Thank you, jcuzzort1026 for the reply. I had always heard it referred to as "staggered" times, not "scattered". Scattered made me think that we were moving all over the place.

Well, if we are indeed not at capacity that will make everything a lot nicer. I remember when I first started this thread only geffric had replied. We thought perhaps we were going to be the only ones on the boat. Now, maybe there will be just a few of us on the boat :)

Hi guys-
I just wanted to check in and let you know that we'll be on the ship too. We just booked last week, so that's one less empty cabin!! It will be me, DH, and my 2 DDs (oldest is 4 and my youngest will turn 3 on 4/2). This is our first cruise, although we've been toying with the idea for a long time. I saw a good deal on a Cat 12 GTY for this cruise, so we decided to jump on it. I'm hoping that we won't have any issues getting our youngest into the Club. She's a week from her 3rd birthday and has been potty trained for months, so I'm crossing my fingers. We're also crossing our fingers for early dinner seating. The late seating was the only thing left, so we're on the waitlist and plan to request the change first thing when we get on board. My kiddos usually go to bed at 8:00, so starting dinner at 8:30 could be ugly. The good news is that we're going, so even if DD doesn't get into the club and we have to work around the late seating, we're still going to have a great time!!!

See you there!
Leslie

So if they are not doing the scattered/staggered seatings does that mean the late seating will be at 8:00 or 8:30?

Also, i went online and tried to book some things i was shut out of (spa, palo, dolphin excursion) with no luck.... :confused3

How empty are we talking? This is great news!!!!!!!

And last but not least...what is linking dinner reservations?

I was worried about the late seating with dd2 also. But I decided to leave it alone since I don't want to be rushed. We've always had the late seating and loved it. I guess the only night that the late seating is tough is Pirate night since you are so full from dinner you can't enjoy the buffett. We're already planning to skip the dining rooms that night.

I'm already starting to get dd on "vacation time". I've started moving her bedtime and dinner time back 5 minutes every night. That way by the time we leave she'll already be used to it. I did this when we traveled with her from Florida to LA and it worked wonderfully. She was the only one who didn't have jet lag :lmao: !

The late dining time is 8:30 (unless something changes and they go back to scattered/staggered dining).

riggins - Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us! Based on what I've read on these boards, I don't think you should have too much trouble getting your youngest DD into the Club. I seem to recall some threads discussing that very subject.

myboysmom - I think the difference between "scattered" and "staggered" is that the first one describes my mind sometimes when I try to plan for the cruise, while the second one describes how I feel about the amount of packing we have to do... ;)

Minnie328- that is sooo cool!

omg, can you believe that in just 19 days we'll be on the ship?!

I am soo excited!
We should meet up MonkeyBug94 & Minnie328!

See you then! :wave2:

:hourglass 19 days! :hourglass

riggins-

:welcome: ...The cruise is going to come up quickly for you guys :banana: Most of us have been anticipating this for months to years. Better start packing soon! I agree with Gimpeaux about your younger DD. I have read that they allow kids to enter the club within 2 months of turning a designated age. I think it is especially likely since you will also have a 4 year old in there.

If you are interested, Gimpeaux may have a few wristbands left from his order. That may be something that your DD's would like. :woohoo:

Thanks soccerfire11...we should meet up!!!!

Gimpeaux, do you think you could post a few pictures on the wristbands?!

Alas, riggins, all but one of the 40 wristbands has been spoken for. I have one adult size left.

Per Minnie328's suggestion, I'd be happy to take and post a wristband pic, although it may be a day or two until I have the time to do that.

Minnie328 and soccerfire 11 -- monkeybug94 is asleep right now, but I know she really wants to meet up with you guys.

See you all two weeks from Saturday! :dancer:

gimpeaux, I am glad the wristband order turned out well, and you were able to get rid of all but one. My DS 7 collects wristbands, he has 13! He is really looking forward to getting #14.

I am looking so forward to sun and warm temps. We are having typical March weather for Wisconsin- 3 inches of snow on Sunday, dense fog this morning and rain by tonight.

gimpeaux and riggins, if you are interested in wrist bands. i sincerely doubt my boys will wear those more than the obiligatory 5 minutes that i make them. So if riggins want wants some, the boys will defenitely share..

oh well back to day and night meetings.. be back .. oh and BTW

Dh said we got a package from DCL... Wonder what that is:goodvibes :cool1: :banana: party: could we be doing the doc dance???

What a whirlwind!! I booked this cruise last week and now I'm sitting here with my docs . . . doing the dance. :banana: :yay: As much as this short notice makes it really hard to obsess and compulsively plan, there is nothing like instant gratification. I hope the rest of you get your docs today too.

gimpeaux and geffric - thanks for the wristband offers! Its nice to be included at the last minute!! PM me with the details on the best way to pay you and I'll send the $ along ASAP.

Ok, I must go back to trying to quickly get our act together so we can be ready to go in less than 3 weeks!!!

Thanks
Leslie

Has anyone tipped the CM's from the kid's clubs with phone cards? I have read on several threads that this is a nice gesture since we don't tip them money. How many counselors would I expect to tip per child and what amount is appropriate on a phone card?

myboysmom- I remember that one of your DS's is 7 as is my DS. Mine is in 2nd grade and will be 8 in June. I have a feeling that he will be happier in the lab instead of the club. My DS 4 will be in the club of course. I wonder if you intend to try and move your DS7 up to the lab? I worry that my son may meet your son and then be disappointed if they are not in the same club.

Does anyone else have thoughts on those kids that are bordering between 7 and 8 years old. My DS7 loves sports and playstation, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter