March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

I think most of the rental places near the port have complimentary shuttles. I was just wanting to know of any good or bad experiences with any of the rental car companies that offer that service.

I finally booked my airline ticket for the cruise out of Chicago. I had trouble finding fares below $500. Holy Cow!! We are flying in/out of Midway, but flying into Orlando and out from Melbourne. I got the tickets for $450, which is a steal given the high prices I was seeing! I know next year just to take the kids out of school for 1 week for a cheaper vacation!! Argh!! We are all looking forward to meeting everyone on this cruise! It is going to be a blast!!

Hello
My daughter will be 11 when we go on the cruise. We would like to make contact with other girls her age so that she has friends on the ship. Please let me know which club your daughter will be joining on the ship. We are still torn between the younger club with her brother or the preteen club on her own ( with a couple new friends :cool1:! We would love to PM to get to know some new friends!:banana:

My DD12 will be going to the Edge. She went there last year with her brother and a few friends. He is going to be 14 though and is looking forward to going to the Vibe this time.

Thanks Lisa! I will tell my daughter. I think she is leaning towards the Edge and it would be great if they could get to know each other a bit prior to the cruise. Do kids have pen pails anymore!:) She does not have Facebook or email, but does text with text free or FaceTime using my email address! Let me know whether you can think of another safe way for them to touch base!( I totally understand if you are not comfortable as well)

I just booked my self and DS 6. I'm pretty excited this will be our first cruise. He will actually not be 6 until December so I'm going to give this to him for his b-day or Christmas present!!!

Is anyone looking to cancel a quad cabin or 2 connecting balconies or know anyone who is looking to cancel. If so, please private message me, we would like to maybe take over your reservation. We have 2 outsides right now and would much prefer either a quad or two connecting balconies. Thank you. DCL refuses to allow us to change our two doubles to a quad. Both cabins are quads. When the double space does come available, the price for the 3rd and 4th was insane! Thanks for any help.

Is anyone looking to cancel a quad cabin or 2 connecting balconies or know anyone who is looking to cancel. If so, please private message me, we would like to maybe take over your reservation. We have 2 outsides right now and would much prefer either a quad or two connecting balconies. Thank you. DCL refuses to allow us to change our two doubles to a quad. Both cabins are quads. When the double space does come available, the price for the 3rd and 4th was insane! Thanks for any help.

It is not possible to "take over" someone's reservation. If the lead name does not go on the cruise it is considered a cancellation and the price will be the current rate. It could be possible for you to do a conference call with the person and a DCL rep when they cancel their room. The rep would have to wait until the room returns to the inventory, which is not always automatic. However, as you have found, if you are going to transfer one of your current rooms you will have to add the 3rd & 4th person, which will be at the current rate. DCL will not allow you to combine reservations.

I just booked my self and DS 6. I'm pretty excited this will be our first cruise. He will actually not be 6 until December so I'm going to give this to him for his b-day or Christmas present!!!

:welcome: to the crew!

Thanks Lisa! I will tell my daughter. I think she is leaning towards the Edge and it would be great if they could get to know each other a bit prior to the cruise. Do kids have pen pails anymore!:) She does not have Facebook or email, but does text with text free or FaceTime using my email address! Let me know whether you can think of another safe way for them to touch base!( I totally understand if you are not comfortable as well)

She doesn't have FB and cannot text, but does chat on my iTouch. She can Facetime as well. I'll get the info to you.

Thanks Lisa!! You already have my email address which is the one connected to FaceTime. In terms of a chat on the itouch, my daughter can do that through text free( I would have to locate her number and email it to you, she changes her number often due to not using it and it gets reassigned). Is there another way to chat on the Itouch. I am not computer savvy! :-)

Please add our family to the list for the Blue Light Special cruise! It will be me, Cathy, my husband, Jim, and DD Nicole (13) and DS Nate (11). This will be our 2nd cruise - our first was the Western spring break cruise in 2011.

Thanks Lisa!! You already have my email address which is the one connected to FaceTime. In terms of a chat on the itouch, my daughter can do that through text free( I would have to locate her number and email it to you, she changes her number often due to not using it and it gets reassigned). Is there another way to chat on the Itouch. I am not computer savvy! :-)

She had Free text but got in trouble with it so I deleted the app. There is a chat on the iPhone itself...think it's known as messaging? Will have to find out exactly what it is. Just showed up with an update a while ago...possibly through cloud.

Please add our family to the list for the Blue Light Special cruise! It will be me, Cathy, my husband, Jim, and DD Nicole (13) and DS Nate (11). This will be our 2nd cruise - our first was the Western spring break cruise in 2011.

:welcome: to the crew, Cathy!

someone mentioned a crush show on night one... i assume you mean turtle talk with crush? is that part of the main show that night as listed in first post... the fantasy begins?

thanks!

someone mentioned a crush show on night one... i assume you mean turtle talk with crush? is that part of the main show that night as listed in first post... the fantasy begins?

thanks!

The Crush show is done on your first night in Animator's Palate. That could be one of the first three nights of the cruise. It is not the stage show, only a show in AP during dinner.

thank you! that's helpful info b/c i will want to make sure i don't plan to do remy on that night then.

The animation show is done on your last night in AP, which will be one of the last three nights of the cruise. :)

Stacy H has requested joining the FB group. Please check in and send a PM with your information. Thanks!

Hi all! We've had this cruise booked since Feb, but for some reason it just occurred to me to check in here! This will be the second cruise on DCL for my DH, DD (9), and me. Our first was a 4-night on the Dream and we are sooo excited to spend 7 nights on the Fantasy! Now I'm off to read through the last 24 pages of posts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter