March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

I think my DD9 would be more into the pirate's league. I hope they get the iternary for Pirate night enough in advance to be able to get in on that day.

I think my DD9 would be more into the pirate's league. I hope they get the iternary for Pirate night enough in advance to be bale to get in on that day.

Pirate night should be on the 4th night between St. Thomas and San Juan. We just got off the Fantasy eastern itinerary. Brent said because of the the distance between theUSVI andCC the ship could not slow to look for proper conditions for the fireworks..

so you didn't get fireworks on your cruise? I'd be really bummed if we didn't get them for ours next year!

did you do any excursions in port?

I believe that was the reason given for the fireworks having to be on the 4th night when the ship doesn't have to travel as far and can slow down to allow them to be set off safely. They wouldn't be able to do them on the 5th night because the ship will have to book it to reach CC on Friday. The only cruises that don't have the fireworks at the moment are the Alaskan cruises. We don't know about the eastern Canadian ones yet.

Thisnis our first Disney Cruise. Me, my wife and 4 year old son and 7 year old daughter. Wow, I thought I was getting a good deal with 2-8c cabins for 6600.00, but not after seeing what everyone else was paying. We had no options because no quad are available anymore, and the family veranda would be close to 5000 apiece.

We are Diamond cruisers with RCCl, Platinum with Princess, and 3 star with HAL. We have lots or questions, and unknowns. We just got off the Allure and do not know what to expect.

We think the kids are the perfect age, and are really excited.

Welcome.
Don't worry about the price, hopefully next time you book you'll do it on the opening day when the reservation window opens and get the best price.
I've stayed in an 8C cabin on deck 8 of the Dream the Fantasy's sister ship, and it was awesome. I loved the large room, same sq. footage as the verandah cabins, but all inside space. The portholes are huge with window seats and the bathrooms have the circular bathtub with the rainhead showers and separate toilet room.
You could keep an eye open for cancellations to see whether you could move to a cat 8 cabin that sleeps 4 people.
Good luck. Hope to see you there.

:welcome: to the crew Dogsambam! Feel free to post questions. The group info is in the first post so far with links to join the Facebook group and the FE exchange onboard.

Hi everybody so this is are first cruise with Disney so what go on this thread? What do you all talk about here?

:welcome: Willy3002! We make plans for our cruise and get to talk about how excited we are about it since most people in our everyday lives get tired of hearing us talk about DCL constantly. ;) Here we are accepted as being normal. You could consider this group therapy. LOL!

So has anyone done any of the St Thomas or San Juan excursions? Any must dos for my first Caribbean cruise?

So has anyone done any of the St Thomas or San Juan excursions? Any must dos for my first Caribbean cruise?

We did a daysail with a private tour operator last time we were in St Thomas and we enjoyed it so much we've already made a reservation to do it again. :) It's about 6 hours on a sailboat (no more than 6 passengers) with a couple of snorkeling stops off of St John; it was wonderful. We are going with High Pockets but there are lots of other tour operators there who do similar trips. You can find some great info and recommendations over on the Cruise Critic St Thomas forum.

Haven't been to San Juan yet but the Segway city tours look like fun. That's probably what we will do but I'm looking forward to seeing what DCL offers when they finally post the SJ excursions.

We went to Paradise Point on our own in St. Thomas. It gives you a beautiful view!

I have read about using the Disney Gift Cards available at Target for payment. Has anyone ever done this? How does it work. I have read you can only do it with the Target Debit Card (which I never knew existed), then I read also you have to do it only with Target Credit card. I am confused, and also do want to buy these to then learn Disney Cruises won't except nor will I get 5% back. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. My last Disney cruise we did not make it off the boat. My sister's back went out the morning we were at Nassau and the winds were too high to dock at CC. Only a little over 10 and 1/2 months until a fabulous Caribbean getaway.

I have read about using the Disney Gift Cards available at Target for payment. Has anyone ever done this? How does it work. I have read you can only do it with the Target Debit Card (which I never knew existed), then I read also you have to do it only with Target Credit card. I am confused, and also do want to buy these to then learn Disney Cruises won't except nor will I get 5% back. Any input would be appreciated.

I think that you have to get the Target Visa, then use that to purchase the Disney GCs. I don't have one and haven't tried it myself. You get the 5% back on the Target Visa as their rewards program. I don't know how this is given to you...possibly once a year? The budget board probably has more information about this program.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. My last Disney cruise we did not make it off the boat. My sister's back went out the morning we were at Nassau and the winds were too high to dock at CC. Only a little over 10 and 1/2 months until a fabulous Caribbean getaway.

We stayed on the ship the one time we went to Nassau also. You didn't miss anything, though I know high winds don't make things pleasant onboard.

I know you save 5% on everything you purchase on the Target credit card immediately, but I am not sure if it applies to gift cards. I may have to try it and let you know. A cruise I think would be too many gift cards to make sense though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter