• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 23, 2013 FANTASY - The Final Inaugural Cruise of the Disney Fantasy

YEAH!!!!:banana: So happy to help. Of course that made me rethink my choice of rooms. I looked up the extended verandas on deck 5 and those look really big and would "only be another $100 to upgrade to a 4E from a 5C. Got to thinking about it and they don't look like they have any shade from the sun or cover from the rain. I asked DH if he wanted to switch and he said no. Of course then I started looking up pictures in those threads and saw that a video was of 7022, we are in 7522, and they showed an obstructed verandah. Panic -- tried to bring up the reservation and it has an error message, called DCL and they can't access it. While on hold I brought up HallsofVA's pictures of the ship with the stateroom numbers on them and whew! That veranda was actually 7020, not 7022. :worship:
:banana:

Looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next 500+ days!

Dany
:rotfl:

Lisa, I started a thread asking if anyone had photos of an 8A. When searching, I saw you mention that your TA was sailing in one. Did she post any pictures anywhere that I can see? I really want to see the inside layout of the room.

Those are the double rooms with the divider, right? I know that there is a thread with pictures of them. Somewhere....

hey this will be my 6th cruise yeah Gold member, is the first time that I will participate in the fish exterder where can I register for that so far I have 4 cabin, yeah I was one of the bless one blue light special..:banana::woohoo:

Those are the double rooms with the divider, right? I know that there is a thread with pictures of them. Somewhere....
I found a bunch of threads with the help of many. Ours won't have that cool divider (I think they only sleep three), it'll be one of the massive rooms with no room divider. I could see that being problematic, but DH looked at the photos and thinks the room looks cool, so that's good. I'll miss the split bath, but the room looks enormous, so I can handle that tradeoff,

hey this will be my 6th cruise yeah Gold member, is the first time that I will participate in the fish exterder where can I register for that so far I have 4 cabin, yeah I was one of the bless one blue light special..:banana::woohoo:
My DH is against the FE. I am both :rolleyes: and :sad1:. So we'll sit that one out.

LOL! I think that we have time to get that together. ;) Let's get a few more pages posted first. :surfweb:

Someone on the main board had a good suggestion for a cruise name.

'Goofy's Glitchers Glorious Getaway'

My DH is against the FE. I am both :rolleyes: and :sad1:. So we'll sit that one out.
I wanted to clarify this post. I am :rolleyes: and :sad1: at DH about not wanting to do the FE. Not rolling my eyes at the FE itself.

Someone on the main board had a good suggestion for a cruise name.

'Goofy's Glitchers Glorious Getaway'
I really like that. Goofy's my favorite character.

Goofy's Glorious Glitching Getaway

Goofy's Glorious Glitchy Getaway

Some good possible mottos.

Nothing good happens without a glitch?

Got glitched?

LOL!

So what can we call you other than FabFive? LOL!

Got Glitched?

LOL Yep, Tammy :)

Love got glitched.. thinking we may need to change it after a while though, as those that start booking later who weren't glitch-i-fied may, rightfully so, not appreciate the name as much as we do right now. LOL

So glad to see our meet thread getting active already! :cool1:

I'm sorry to say that we're FE scrooges. :( With everything we have going on, I consider getting a family of five on the ship with the clothes on our back accomplishment enough! :lmao: I just know I would forget someone or something, etc. :upsidedow
We did participate in a magnet exchange though on our last cruise and we enjoyed that, and the kids loved seeing our door get filled up. So would be all over that if we decide to plan it down the road.

YEY, on being able to upgrade Kirbo! :thumbsup2

pirate:

LOL Yep, Tammy :)

Love got glitched.. thinking we may need to change it after a while though, as those that start booking later who weren't glitch-i-fied may, rightfully so, not appreciate the name as much as we do right now. LOL

So glad to see our meet thread getting active already! :cool1:

I'm sorry to say that we're FE scrooges. :( With everything we have going on, I consider getting a family of five on the ship with the clothes on our back accomplishment enough! :lmao: I just know I would forget someone or something, etc. :upsidedow
We did participate in a magnet exchange though on our last cruise and we enjoyed that, and the kids loved seeing our door get filled up. So would be all over that if we decide to plan it down the road.

YEY, on being able to upgrade Kirbo! :thumbsup2

pirate:
Tammy does have a point about the name. Though I love the silly names.

Tammy, what's a magnet exchange? That almost sounds like something I could get DH on board with.

I think I'll start obsessing about the upgrade over the next few weeks. Looking at what our room will be like it really bugging me. I think I'd rather have less space but have the split bath and the room divider. Gotta have something to obsess over, right? :happytv:

I forgot to post that last night when I was checking out the other rooms available the total cost of our stateroom went DOWN $55!!!

Just updated the available rooms for our cruise on the pricing thread and this thing is just about sold out already!!! Only R, T, V, 4A-E & 5C showing available tonight.

Just updated the available rooms for our cruise on the pricing thread and this thing is just about sold out already!!! Only R, T, V, 4A-E & 5C showing available tonight.

I'm hoping that after the curtesy holds expire some other rooms will open. I'm thinking I want a cat 9 or a different kind of 8. I'll be checking obsessively on the 23rd :surfweb:

The best time to check is from midnight to about 12:15 am. ;) Good luck!!! You know, the total for a 5C was only $3156 for the four of us. Your price might be less with younger kids.

Kirbo, do you know that you can go in and change your category and get the same price it was when you booked your first room? You wouldn't pay the current price. You can go in and see what that would be in your reservation and modify the stateroom category. I would call DCL to make the change since there have been so many glitches with their system the past couple days. :)

Hi Lisa, We are considering this cruise. This is the first I've heard about going in and changing your category but getting the same price as when you first
booked. Is this something new or has this policy been around for awhile?

Beth

The best time to check is from midnight to about 12:15 am. ;) Good luck!!! You know, the total for a 5C was only $3156 for the four of us. Your price might be less with younger kids.
I'm pretty sure you booked earlier than we did and got a slightly lower rate, so I don't think ours would be quite that low. We're at $3102 for an 8A, I can't help but assume that our price for a 5C would be more than $54 greater. But I'll check.

When you say 12:15 am, is that east coast time? We're on the Pacific side, so maybe I'll try to check tonight at 9:15.

Lisa, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to be asking you a LOT of questions over the next 17 months :lmao:

Hi Lisa, We are considering this cruise. This is the first I've heard about going in and changing your category but getting the same price as when you first
booked. Is this something new or has this policy been around for awhile?

Beth

Beth, this has always been the case. When you go into your reservation online and click on modify stateroom, you will see the prices for the other rooms that are available. If you look at the cruise prices with a new cruise search & not through your reservation number, you will see the current prices. Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood, you don't pay the same exact amount for a higher category, but you do pay the price that category was when you originally made your reservation. For example, we are now in a 5C at $3155. If we upgraded to a 4E it would then cost us $3295. If we changed to a cat 8A, our total due would decrease to the $2945 that cat was when we originally booked. If I wanted to upgrade to the R concierge room now, the total showing is $17k and change. It would be $25k for someone without a reservation now if they wanted to book it. HTH. :)

When you say 12:15 am, is that east coast time? We're on the Pacific side, so maybe I'll try to check tonight at 9:15.

Lisa, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to be asking you a LOT of questions over the next 17 months :lmao:

Yes, that is east coast time. Sorry! NP about the questions. If I don't know the answer someone here will. :) That's what is great about the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter