March 2016 Pre Trip and Trip reports

The bad thing about our crazy weather is that is so hard to dress for it. Pants, long sleeves and coats in the morning, then shorts and tshirt in the afternoon(some days throw in a rain coat or umbrella), back to bundling up in the evening. Heat on one day, A/C on the next, sometimes both in the same day! From Oct - March you have to have your summer, fall, spring and winter clothes available at all times. Our trees and flowers also get confused, they never know whether to bloom or drop leaves, lol.

Will try to keep everyone posted on the weekly forecast starting in March.

The bad thing about our crazy weather is that is so hard to dress for it. Pants, long sleeves and coats in the morning, then shorts and tshirt in the afternoon(some days throw in a rain coat or umbrella), back to bundling up in the evening. Heat on one day, A/C on the next, sometimes both in the same day! From Oct - March you have to have your summer, fall, spring and winter clothes available at all times. Our trees and flowers also get confused, they never know whether to bloom or drop leaves, lol.

Will try to keep everyone posted on the weekly forecast starting in March.
Now think about those folks who fly and have to limit their luggage (or pay enormous fees). At least in the TT/5er/MH you have some options to bring extra clothing at the expense (typically) of a bit of MPG on the Tow Vehicle.

If we had to take the clothes my DW and DD wanted on the airplane, we'd be broke before we got there! :tilt:

You mention Lakeland, do you live there or somewhere in Polk County? We live in Winter Haven.

We live in South Florida but when we started renting a camper about 8 years ago, we did all our camping in central Florida. We love the springs in the area and have visited every year. Plus, my brother was in school in Gainesville and we visited often and drove all over the area. My parents also have an apartment near Vero Beach so we spend alot of time in the area. I love Florida:)

We got about 2 - 3 inches of snow last night (into this AM) and it's 27 degrees.... Wanna Trade? :scratchin

Nah, that's a little bit too cold for me, not too much of a fan of snow or towing in it, the wind is was made it cold here yesterday, it blew 20, 25 mph all day. I'm sure If we get 2-3 inches of snow South of the Mason Dixon line the entire south shuts down, National Guard is called out and FEMA is on high alert.

I'm sure If we get 2-3 inches of snow South of the Mason Dixon line the entire south shuts down, National Guard is called out and FEMA is on high alert.

Being born and raised in NE Pennsylvania, I laugh every time I hear of a southern state shutting down because of a half inch of snow..... I understand it (as they don't typically have the equipment/vehicles to handle it and most folks don't get opportunities to drive in it much) but it's still kind of funny from my perspective.

Of course the sad part is, is that the northern states are starting to do the same thing. When I was a kid, we got 3 - 4 inches of snow before we'd get a delay at school, now... they get a dusting and school is delayed. More than a couple of inches of snow and they will cancel. Anything nearing a foot of snow and they are talking state of emergency (A foot of snow might have gotten a school cancellation when I was younger).

What's even funnier, is when they even predict a snowfall and use the term "Inches" how people seem to need to have "French Toast" as they stores all sell out of bread, eggs and milk. It's almost comical at times.

Anyway enjoy your time. Hope your weather gets better. Nothing worse then being on vacation and having crappy weather. I'd rather have the crappy weather at home when I have the normal (work/school) routine then to deal with it on vacation, especially at the fort.

We got our new mattress I ordered for the trailer in yesterday. Wow, it amazes me how they can shrink, cram, stuff that queen size mattress into such a small box. Took DH and I every bit of muscle to get the thing out of the box, then out of the bag! It was then shrink wrapped and vacuumed packed in another bag. Once you open that one, POOF!!!! the thing just expands into a queen size, 8 inch thick mattress, amazing. Good thing it fit (I sort of forgot to measure before ordering) because we would of never got that thing back in the packaging to return it.

Happy Saturday!!! We are new to the Camping Disney style. We are planning our first trip in March from the 6 to the 9th. A quick trip in our "newish" RV. We are avid Disney Cruisers and thought maybe a land vacation would be fun for a change of pace. We are not only new to Disney style camping by camping in general. Started in a small class C and took the jump to a class A a few weeks ago. What tips can you share about "The Fort"? We are a family of 5 + 1 four legged kid :-)

Happy Saturday!!! We are new to the Camping Disney style. We are planning our first trip in March from the 6 to the 9th. A quick trip in our "newish" RV. We are avid Disney Cruisers and thought maybe a land vacation would be fun for a change of pace. We are not only new to Disney style camping by camping in general. Started in a small class C and took the jump to a class A a few weeks ago. What tips can you share about "The Fort"? We are a family of 5 + 1 four legged kid :-)

Welcome. We are your opposites, avid campers and just recently fell in love (okay, maybe obsessed) with Disney cruising. Going on our second cruise this April.

You will love the Fort. Whether you are visiting the parks or just enjoying the campground. Rent canoes, go fishing, swim, movies under the stars, horseback riding, wagon rides and much much more. We love to take our bikes and also love to ride around in our golf cart.

Welcome. We are your opposites, avid campers and just recently fell in love (okay, maybe obsessed) with Disney cruising. Going on our second cruise this April.

You will love the Fort. Whether you are visiting the parks or just enjoying the campground. Rent canoes, go fishing, swim, movies under the stars, horseback riding, wagon rides and much much more. We love to take our bikes and also love to ride around in our golf cart.

We are so excited! We will never stop cruising and in fact have our 15th (ish) Disney cruise planned for December. Our oldest daughter (Jen) disabled and cruising has always be a good fit for us. We started this camping idea last year and went from a 24 Class C to a 34ft Class A in less than a year. Our daughter enjoys the room she has as we drive down the road and I love not have to pack and unpack durning a trip. Our younger daughter Amanda (26yrs) begged for a trip to Disney World so she could relive her childhood and we said why not! The parks are NOT a good fit for Jen due to her level is disability but after looking at "The Fort" it looks like LOTS of things to see and a great place to take Jen for a "push" in her wheels. We are really looking forward to a new adventure!

Went to Animal Kingdom today, the weather was perfect. Took some photos of the construction of the new water light show area. I can not wait for this to open. Looks like it will be a really neat show. Suppose to be ready this Spring, so maybe some of you will get to see it.
AK Feb 2016 small.jpg
ak light show1.jpg

I like how in the last picture the two ducks are mooning you!

:crazy:
:rotfl2:
:lmao:

thank you for the pictures! Animal Kingdom looks so awesome...I am seriously most excited about it!

and, it looks so nice and sunny!...snow is pouring...and I mean POURING from the sky this evening.

Since we have to buy new batteries for the cart, DH decided to upgrade to 48 volts. Ordered the new charger today and will get the batteries Saturday. Lets just hope there are no more unexpected expenses before our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter