March 2013 Car rentals

I love to pick out my own car too, but I don't think it's worth $60 extra. Do you belong to Budget's frequent renter program? That might help move things along once you pick up your car.

That is what I keep thinking about the $60.

I do not belong, but I think I will join and see if that helps with check-in. The Budget rental is through my Capital Ones rewards card, so it is already paid for but I can cancel any time and get a full refund. Thanks for your input! :goodvibes

Thanks for the Costco/Budget combo -- $106 total for the first week of March. Prior to that, the best I could do was $176 with the National/KLM codes. The savings more than pays for the next year of Costco dues.

Still not sure which rental I will use.
And still hoping for a lower rate.

All midsize cars for March 4 - 11th.

I have one from Budget for $144.

I have one from Enterprise for $170.

I have one from National (Emerald Aisle) for $204.

We have ususally always rented from Alamo and I LOVE the kiosks. But I have heard the only one above that has the kiosks is National. Is it worth the extra $60 to pick a car from the Emerald Aisle? I have heard Budget takes forever to get through the counter and they are high pressure about insurance...UGH! We love picking our own car and I think National is the only one above that has that option...what to do, what to do? :confused3

So far, I'd go with Budget.

But, stay vigilant. I haven't seen any Alamo movement the past couple of days, but Dollar and Budget were active today. Wouldn't be surprised to see some Alamo action tomorrow or Thursday. (my dates are pretty similar...Mar 8 - 13). At least I'm hoping!

Okay can you guys tell me if this is a good deal or should I look at other places. I have just read a few posts on here and grabbed two codes. We got a compact picking up on Friday March 22nd at MCO returning on Thursday the 28th. The total with fees is 240.56. I used BCD X474200 and Coupon MUWZ003 Just saw them on a post. LOL

I have always just booked something and not looked for codes. Should I try a different company?? Any tips would be appreciated. We usually use a car service and a few times ME. THANKS :thumbsup2

Can someone tell me if this is a walmart or a costco code ? want to be prepared
in case we are asked at pick up

I love reading about all these positive rate reductions. My rental is still a few weeks away, and while I was able to actually make 2 different changes yesterday, and reduce my rate from $415 to $393 (including a change from a compact to an intermediate,) I'm looking forward to that coming down even more in another week or two. You guys are the best - thanks for all the help, the great coupon code information and all the positive news!
:cheer2:

MH1212 said:
I love reading about all these positive rate reductions. My rental is still a few weeks away, and while I was able to actually make 2 different changes yesterday, and reduce my rate from $415 to $393 (including a change from a compact to an intermediate,) I'm looking forward to that coming down even more in another week or two. You guys are the best - thanks for all the help, the great coupon code information and all the positive news!
:cheer2:

I hope you do see similar reductions. But car rentals can be fickle, sometimes depending upon the day of the week you pickup or return, etc. In addition, since you're still a few weeks off, you may be near or in the busy Easter period, so who knows what will happen. I think you'll wind up doing quite a bit better, but you're very smart making reservations as you go along.

I hope you do see similar reductions. But car rentals can be fickle, sometimes depending upon the day of the week you pickup or return, etc. In addition, since you're still a few weeks off, you may be near or in the busy Easter period, so who knows what will happen. I think you'll wind up doing quite a bit better, but you're very smart making reservations as you go along.

It's true, being the week before Easter, dropping off Easter Eve, is tough. But I agree - I just have a strong feeling I'll end up a lot better as I get closer in. Even if not, we're already under budget, being under $400 for the 10 days. I love hearing all the success everyone else is having, though. I like hearing about you all saving money! Keep it up!

MH1212 said:
It's true, being the week before Easter, dropping off Easter Eve, is tough. But I agree - I just have a strong feeling I'll end up a lot better as I get closer in. Even if not, we're already under budget, being under $400 for the 10 days. I love hearing all the success everyone else is having, though. I like hearing about you all saving money! Keep it up!

I am baffled. I have been looking for rentals on every rental car site I can since November for 3/23 to 3/31. I can't get anything under 550 no matter what codes I use! I would jump at 400 dollars. What am I missing

I am baffled. I have been looking for rentals on every rental car site I can since November for 3/23 to 3/31. I can't get anything under 550 no matter what codes I use! I would jump at 400 dollars. What am I missing

I was on Budget, and used BCD X474200 and (Paperless $35 off weekly rental) Coupon Code MUGZ165. I'm only slightly different, 3/21 11am - 3/30 4pm, and the rate I got is $393.62. Maybe give those codes a shot? I wonder if dropping off on Easter is what hurts you. Let us know, and good luck!

I was on Budget, and used BCD X474200 and (Paperless $35 off weekly rental) Coupon Code MUGZ165. I'm only slightly different, 3/21 11am - 3/30 4pm, and the rate I got is $393.62. Maybe give those codes a shot? I wonder if dropping off on Easter is what hurts you. Let us know, and good luck!
What size car do you need lildeb724? I get $276 for a compact using the above codes. A minivan/SUV is only $319.

I am still sitting on my National reservation for a midsize SUV for 3/22-3/30 at $283 using the KLM code that I booked beginning of January. The rates have been in the $400's since, but yesterday I noticed they dropped back down to close to my best rate so at least moving in the right direction for that busy week. I wish we could just book emerald aisle or find a coupon code that works, but with 5 of us (including a car seat) we really need to guarantee at least a suv or minivan.

I just wanted to let everyone know, I called our insurance company today (State Farm) to make sure we had loss of use coverage on our policy. We did not. So, she told me there is a coverage you can add to cover a non-owned car (rental car) for like $4 a month. You have to keep it on your policy for 30 days and then you can remove it. Just for anyone who is worried about it. :)

I am still sitting on my National reservation for a midsize SUV for 3/22-3/30 at $283 using the KLM code that I booked beginning of January. The rates have been in the $400's since, but yesterday I noticed they dropped back down to close to my best rate so at least moving in the right direction for that busy week. I wish we could just book emerald aisle or find a coupon code that works, but with 5 of us (including a car seat) we really need to guarantee at least a suv or minivan.

These are our exact dates as well. I booked the KLM code in Dec for $260. I looked this morning and the rates still look really high ($400+). So, wonder if they just dropped yesterday for a day (I didn't check yesterday)? Anyway, I am just glad I booked these early! Good luck to all of you still looking for a good rate!

robinb said:
What size car do you need lildeb724? I get $276 for a compact using the above codes. A minivan/SUV is only $319.

You guys rock. I got 252 for an intermediate size car. Do I need to show anything with these codes?

I checked on Budget tonight and our rental went down....just booked it on Feb. 23rd. So I cancelled the other one and booked this lower price. So for a March 22nd pick up at MCO and drop off on March 28th we have 228.85 for a compact. The last ressie was for 240.56...I will take every little bit off I can. :)

Still used MUWZ126
BCD X474200

Not sure what these codes are but they worked. I think the coupon was a paperless one.

It happened... big Alamo drop for me tonight. 5 days for a midsize starting the 8th, base 89.53, total 120.05. That's more like it!

It happened... big Alamo drop for me tonight. 5 days for a midsize starting the 8th, base 89.53, total 120.05. That's more like it!

Wow what are your dates???? That is great. Did you use a code?

edk35 said:
Wow what are your dates???? That is great. Did you use a code?

My dates are March 8-13, Costco contract id 7014627, Entertainment free day coupon af5244aaf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter