• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 20, 2004

We chose late seating for this cruise. We have been on 4 DCL cruises. The first couple, we requested first seating and I always felt rushed trying to get ready for dinner - especially if we were trying to get there for pictures first! During the shows, I found myself almost dozing off - full belly and all.

The last couple cruises we opted for late seating and found it worked better for us. The early show doesn't start till 6:30 whereas early dinner starts at 6:00, so we have a little more time to get ready. And if push comes to shove, you could go to the show and then change before dinner as there is about an hour between the show and dinner. That hour is a great time for shopping, viewing pictures at Shutters, or getting our pics before dinner.

Marilee, glad you liked Philadelphia Chickens so much; it really is great music! Perhaps I won't be the only one humming Pig Island as I get off at Castaway Cay ;)

Still no docs...will UPS leave them if no one is home?

Our whole group has late seating. The early seating makes us feel rushed.

mobetsy
My cousins doc where left in their front door while they were at work.

I hope the rest of our groups docs come today. October cruise we got 1/2 the docs on a Friday and the others on a Monday.

:Pinkbounc

We have late seating also. We had early seating last trip. We found ourselves rushing the day just to get back in time. We decided we could be a little late to a theater production but didn't want to be late to dinner. Serving staff really worrys that you aren't coming or that have done something wrong. Plus we just want to enjoy longer days.

My AAA travel agents tells me that I won't be getter ours for a while yet. Is this standard through travel agents. I probably should have left my ressie with DCL itself. But the 4 beverage mugs seemed to be such a perk. We still use the one that we bought on our last trip.

I'm going to try to book tuxes today........ Only 29 more work days for us. The kids are so excited they only have 28 more school days.

Waiting for our Doc's hope they come today..

Finally got a conversation with the boys re excursions and I will be calling today and getting reservations for the Shipwreck Cove snorkel at St M.. then the boys are debating about the St John Eco Hike or more snorkeling.
this is really getting close..

My docs came last week and I booked my cruise through a local TA. Last week when I had called earlier in the week to check on docs my TA told me that it would be awhile....she was wrong!!!! They came Friday. YIPPEEEEE!!!!

Our family has early seating. Have a great week.

We have early seating. It was hard to decide which seating to get. Pros and cons either way from what I have read. I decided I would rather have them fall asleep during the show than dinner. Once they are done eating they can go play at the clubs if they want (it will be early enough in the evening that they should still have energy for that). My kids tend to want mommy if they are sleepy. Not very long until I find out if I made the right choice :boat:

WOOHOOOO!! I was so bummed when I didn't get them over the weekend, but they came today.

We have early seating.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!

-Lisa

WOOHOOO!!! Tuxes just ordered. Parasailing Excursion for kids reserved through shoretrips.com at St. Marteen (Orient Bay). They said we get to go on the boat with them so we should get some good pictures. Hmmmmm. :smooth: What else can I think of?

Waiting... waiting.... waiting... no doc's yet....:confused:
POSTED TO SOON>>>>

I just got our docs. Woo Hoo

..:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2:

They came! They came! They came! :bounce: And, as far as I can tell, no mistakes either. First thing the boys wanted to do was watch the DCL video again :D

Today at work at lunchtime someone commented that my cruise must be getting near (they've only been listening to me go on about it for 16 mos or so...). I grinned and answered that it is in 39 days...but who's counting?

"I got a piece of coal" :(

And no docs :(

But I'm happy for the rest of you! ;)

DH just informed me that AAA called during the noon hour and has our docs. Going to pick them up after work. YIPPEEEE

DD and DS were so excited to hear that the for sure are going parasailing. I'm looking forward to a spa treatment (I think). DH says he is looking forward to doing what the man in the commercial does, SLEEP!!

See you all real soon:earsboy:

AboutTheMouse I got mine late in the day, after 4pm.. so you still have hope.. Pixie Dust for your Docs

I love that commercial with the guy 'relaxing'... I always think a cruise is going to be so relaxing, but then there's so much to do! I do tend to spend quite a bit of time lying around near the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter