March 20, 2004

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by dvcmomdeh, Mar 19, 2003.

1. dvcmomdeh

dvcmomdeh Obsessive Compulsive Planner at Large

One year from today we will be flying (first time) from Indianapolis to Orlando for our 2nd Disney Magic Cruise. Any other 3/20/04 cruisers out there?

Our kids would like to start corresponding with other teens, isn't that what all teens like to do.. :)

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

366 days and counting...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mobetsy

mobetsy <font color=FF0066>I tend to be just a teeny bit o

Dh and I will be on that cruise, with our then 9 and almost 6 y.o. sons. It will be a first cruise for us, and WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Our friends with their dd who turns 9 on the cruise will also be along :D About 4-6 weeks ago there was a thread looking for others for this cruise; I think 8 or so people posted then, and I'm sure there are more by now.

Sorry we can't help you with the teen correspondants. If there's anyone with a 5-6 y.o., we'd be very interested in developing that relationship beforehand; our son can be hesitant to try new things, and we're hoping to have him feeling like he already knows a friend before we go.

4. Cara

Cara Mouseketeer

We are the friends Mobetsy mentioned. We do not have a teen, but I will bump this post up for you. Maybe you will find a few!! We can't WAIT till the cruise. First one for all three of us!!

Cara

5. Debbie123

Debbie123 Are we at Disney yet?

Hi. My family is going that time also. 1st cruise for my husband's 40th birthday (surprise). We have twin sons that will be 10 then. I can't wait!!!

Debbie

6. strawberryblonde

strawberryblonde <font color=red>"We wants the redhead!!!!"<br><fon

We will be on that cruise as well :teeth: , that date is our 10 yr. ann. We just celebrated our 9th (nice, but not a cruise, lol), just one year away now! Our son will be freshly 7 for the cruise, he would like to have a friend for the week and 6 would be just fine.

7. Padre Disney

Padre Disney <font color=009999>No longer the Tagless Lurker!

Hey guys we will be on that cruise. Just got back form the 3/15 western and booked the 3/20/04 eastern. We can't wait.
    Our four kids will be: DD 18, DS 16 1/2, DD 14, and DD 11.
    Our DD 14 meet a friend through the boards and they spent almost every moment together on the ship.

8. Cara

Cara Mouseketeer

Hey, glad to see more 3/20/04 cruisers out there! Less than a year away -- woohoo! Strawberry Blonde, I'm sure Mobetsy would love to have her son meet yours. I am bumping this for her!

Cara

9. DVC4US

DVC4US DVC Member Since 1998

We will also be on board with our DD (14yo) & DD (8yo). We are also taking both sets of grandparents this time so making it a big family event.

My DD is the teen that PadreDisney's DD met on the boards and they became best buddies on the trip. We had a cruise set up for June 2004, but my DD begged us so much to go on this one instead we decided to relent. I believe there are a few of us that were on the 3/15 Western this year that are going on the 3/20 next year. If you have a teen that would like to meet some other teens online before hand just pm or email me and I will set you up with my DD. I am sure her and her friend would love to add more people to their group.

Hey Bev :)
    I guess K told you we would be on the cruise. B said she didn't mind missing school as long as she got to go on the same cruise as K. Hopefully we will see you before then.

BTW, ignore the countdown below because now I need to change it. At least it will be shorter and not longer.:p
    LeiLani

10. Padre Disney

LeiLani,
    K ran up the stairs screaming when she found out B was going to be on the same cruise. It sounds like they are already planning out all the excursions they want to do together. Keep me posted so we can get K signed up with B. I am so glad you are going.
    We have late seating again. It worked out so much better for us. We plan on driving down again and will spend the Friday before the cruise at Sea World. We have a cousin and his wife with a 1 1/2 year old going. Trying to talk grandma & grandpa into going again. They loved the cruise. Have four rooms on deck 6 this time.

I have been trying to figure out how to change my timer with no luck. Let me know if you figure it out.
    Bev

11. mobetsy

Strawberry blonde, it's good to start getting an idea about other young boys who will be on board! I think my ds and yours will end up in different groups, as mine will be not quite 6; nonetheless, when it comes to "hang out at the pool or movies time" that isn't a factor :) Periodically I wonder how on earth I am going to last waiting a year for this cruise...

12. Nevetswitz

Nevetswitz Earning My Ears

I'm Steve, 16 looking for other people going on this cruise...we just got off the 3/22 magic and i liked it so much i begged my dad to book another one...sure enough its 3/20 in 04...i'm so excited, its not official yet but i'm sure with some convincing it will be soon...so if n e one else has teenagers with them talk back!!

13. howardlee2

howardlee2 Mouseketeer

Someone else out there must be heading out on this cruise!!!!!! please respond back!!!!

14. DVC4US

Hey Bev:

I know B is on the phone with K right now. It is great that they became such good friends. I told B that when it gets closer and we decide which excursions to do she can let K know and we will see if they can do things together.

We also have late seating this time. I did not like early seating because I always felt like I was rushing to get ready for dinner. We are taking both sets of grandparents along this time so it should be fun. My parents have been on the 4 day Disney, but DH's parents have only sailed on Carnival so we are excited about showing them what Disney can do. We will be in a Cat 3 and they are all in Cat 6's on deck 6. I think Kathy is also going on this cruise so it will be fun to see everyone again.

I just went over to the Technical Board to do the countdown. You have to erase the old one and put in a new one. Keep in touch.
    LeiLani

15. Padre Disney

LeiLani,
    I thought the list that Kathy made up for the Western cruise was great. I printed it out and took it with me. It was nice to see who had what age group of kids. Maybe she will do it again for the Eastern. I hope we can have another DIS meet before the sailaway. That was when the girls hit it off. I think we only saw K at dinner times the rest of the week and she wasn't very happy to be away from B. She ate and ran.

We love late seating. We had early on our 3 day a couple of years ago and it didn't work very well. We were always rushing around getting ready. The late works sooo much better for us. All our kids are older so I'm sure that helps.

My husbands 70 plus parents sailed with us on the Western and they LOVED it. We are hoping that they will sail with us for the Eastern. We are on deck 6 this time all the way forward.

K can't wait to book some excursions with B. The banana boat was a hit for her. She told her older brother & sister all about it.

I have removed my old timer and tried to add the new one with no luck so I give up. Maybe some day my DH will figure it out for me.

3/20 cruisers:
    It is great to see so many people going on the 3/20. Keep posting the ages of your children. That is how our girls became such great friends. They found each other on the boards, emailed a few times and hit it off at the DIS meeting right before the sailaway party. My daughter had the best time.

Bev

16. lisa6191

lisa6191 Earning My Ears

We will be on this cruise also! My sons will be 9 and just 6, and we are traveling with another family who has a daughter who will be turning 12 on the cruise and a son who is 9. It's our first Disney Cruise (first cruise at all) and we are really excited!!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

-Lisa

17. mobetsy

Lisa, it looks like your sons are just the ages of mine: one will be 9 and the other a month short of 6. Cara's dd will be turning 9 on the cruise. With your friend's 9 y.o. ds, I can see a little pack already forming here for that age group! Cara's dd and my ds#1 chat sometimes; maybe as the time draws nearer (and their typing/spelling skills improve!), we can get them all on at once for a few chat times to get acquainted :D

18. DVC4US

Bev:
    I know, B is already trying to make excursion plans. I told her we needed to wait until it got closer and we would sit down and figure out what everyone wants to do. She has already said that the Banana Boat ride was a must. I told her that was fine. Her and K talk on the phone almost every night. Maybe they can get together this summer. We are at WDW June 2-15 then we will be home. This cruise is almost a year a way and I can't wait!:jester:

DawnHaan:
    PadreDisney and I also have teens that met online before our cruise on Mar 15th. You did not say if yours were boys or girls but ours are both girls and if yours would like to try and talk to my DD please email or pm me. Maybe we can hook them all up.

It looks like we are starting to get a good group together. It is going to be fun talking to everyone over the next year.
    LeiLani

19. pappa-G

pappa-G Earning My Ears

Nevetswitz,

My name is Jake and im going on that cruise. I will be 16 by then.

20. howardlee2

howardlee2 Mouseketeer

Jake, where u from??

21. lisa6191

lisa6191 Earning My Ears

Mobetsy - Sounds great to me! My 8yo is already pretty adept at the internet, and I'm sure he would love to correspond with your son.

-Lisa